Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Boller last sunday

The thought never crossed my mind. We aren't going to see Boller again ever unless McNair gets injured and even then if it's a serious enough injury they may pick up a scrap heap guy to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    The thought never crossed my mind. We aren't going to see Boller again ever unless McNair gets injured and even then if it's a serious enough injury they may pick up a scrap heap guy to fill in.
    I thought he looked pretty good at times in Pre - season! Do you not think he might be picking up alot of things from McNair in training and from watching him out on the field?

Why not your back up qb is only a snap away from being the starter,and with our stellar oline its any second now
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

We aren't going to see Boller again ever unless McNair gets injured and even then if it's a serious enough injury they may pick up a scrap heap guy to fill in.
    Why would they pick up a scrap-heap guy over someone who's already in the system?

I didn't think Boller would be called upon in this game at all. I knew that the game would be close and that McNair's experience and poise would be the factor which could make the difference between winning or suffering an agonizing loss.

A 3-0 record looks great to me no matter how "pedestrian" McNair looked Sunday...A big part of that is the confidence he instills based on past performance...Boller doesn't have that going for him at this point.

We aren't going to see Boller again ever unless McNair gets injured and even then if it's a serious enough injury they may pick up a scrap heap guy to fill in.
    That's going a bit too far, AZ -- if McNair is seriously injured, of course they'll sign somebody, but Boller would be the starter. Who in the world is out there that they could sign that would be better?

Hell NO, I never once thought of Boller to come in. There's no way he coulda came in and marched us down the field. We would've had 5 false starts, and he woulda fell 2 times after he snapped the ball.

Please, NO BOLLER unless McNair gets hurt. While he has the arm strength, he doesn't have the confidence from his teammates, or the experience to win games from behind.
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Please, NO BOLLER unless McNair gets hurt. While he has the arm strength, he doesn't have the confidence from his teammates, or the experience to win games from behind.
    Disagree. If McNair continues to throw easy passes into the dirt, he should be susceptible to benching. Thanks to a subpar Browns secondary, he was not picked off on Sunday. But so far, his performance has been mediocre (21st rated NFL QB, but 29th in YPA). Performance like that for the better part of a season would lead one to being considered for benching anywhere in the NFL.

No one - not even Ray Lewis - should be immune from benching for bad play. Let's hope McNair can step it up a few notches so this doesn't have to be a meaningful discussion.

btw: the thought on benching McNair last Sunday never crossed my mind. Billick would never throw in the towel this early in the season.

I know you don't like the "intangibles" issue, Mista T, but I continue to argue it's pretty important in this case. Football is heavily psychological, like any sport, and all you have to do is read/listen to the players' quotes after the game to see that's a large part of why we have the W after the Cleveland game, regardless of McNair's stats. I'll take 29th in YPA if our w/l record continues to look good. Is some statistical offensive improvement required to continue that w/l record? Probably, but I'm not one to complain about $33 million being "wasted" based on mediocre stats. If the w/l record continues to look very good, and a lot of it's due to intangibles and leadership according to the players, that's fine by me. And for the record, I remained a Boller supporter until last year's game at Cleveland in large part because he had a winning record. I thought he turned the corner with the GB and MIN games, but that confidence evaporated with the game at Cleveland - it showed although he can be good, he apparently can't be consistently good.

for what its worth I think most of McNair's bad passes were into a 30mph wind. That being said, some of Fryes best passes may well have been into that same wind, so who knows
    According to the radio guys, we had the wind in Q1 and Q4 (it was changing), and that's when we got our points. Frye wasn't able to do anything with the wind in Q3.

Yes IR, he did look good at times in preseason but he has had brief stretches of looking good ever since he's been here and he's never been able to establish any consistency.
    31, I think they may, and if you will notice I highlighted the "may" in my original post, bring in someone for the simple reason that it is obvious by comments from guys like Hea, Mason, Lewis that the team has totally lost confidence in Boller's ability to lead. This team has playoff aspirations and I don't believe there is anyone in the organization, with the possible exception of Billick, who thinks Boller has the ability to get them there.
    Maybe it is going to far, Highwater, and maybe not. Personally, I don't think there is anyone else who would be better but that doesn't mean the FO thinks the same. IMO if McNair goes down we are done, I don't believe Boller is capable of handling the schedule we have ahead of us.

As for the original question, no I didn't think of bringing in Boller. I did think to myself that I was glad that McNair was running the offense instead of Kyle. While I like Boller, maybe his watching a veteran like McNair will help him later on down the road.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

If McNair goes down (god forbid) and Boller has to step in, do you think the team would deliberately tank the remaining part of the season simply because they may not like him?