Vick codefendant pleads guilty

Maybe now The Chosen One will be taking this seriously.

There is no promise made to the codefendant, according to the article in the Sun about codefendant Tony Taylor.

What will happen is, under the strict federal sentencing guidelines, Taylor will receive a downward modification from what otherwise would have been his sentence, because he will be cooperating with prosecutors. The prosecutors don't have to make any formal promise to him; the guidelines take care of that.

Things are looking bad for the Vick camp, apparently he lost in Let's Play, Prisoner's Dilemma!

Now *there's* a reality tv show I'd watch. Who cracks first? Or does the criminal code of silence hold and nobody cracks? Ooooh. Anyway if it was on tv then Taylor would be the winner of the show this week, and Vick & the remaining co-defendants are all Losers.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Re: Vick codefendant pleads guilty

If you search around, you can find the actual indictment. I read the whole thing. The indictment mentions 4 cooperating witnesses (CW#1,2,3,4) each of who owned a dog or dogs that were in actual fights with dogs owned by Vick and 'P-Funk' and others.

IANAL but I think it is going to be tough maintaining that not guilty plea.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Anything is possible, but I really think that Vick is going down. The feds don't issue an indictment unless they are sure they're going to get a conviction. I would be very surprised if he isn't found guilty. All this gambling and dog fighting TOOK PLACE ON HIS OWN PROPERTY! How could he not be guilty -- at the very least, he's guilty of being an idiot.

Just curious what happens if Vick gets some decent prison time out of this. I guess the Falcons would be forced to cut him and take that enormous salary cap hit?

He'll do exactly what Jamal did. Take the (in his case) 6-12 months and not risk the 5 years which would end his career.

Vick's been a big nothing. Just think...the Falcons could have had LT instead.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

LT and Drew Brees...

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    He'll do exactly what Jamal did. Take the (in his case) 6-12 months and not risk the 5 years which would end his career.

Vick's been a big nothing. Just think...the Falcons could have had LT instead.
    6 - 12 months plus 1 year (at least, maybe need reinstatement a la Adam Jones) suspension = serious interference with professional football

Are Vick's guidelines in the 6 - 12 month range? I missed that.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Couldn't happen to better guy.