Thread: Dan Cody

Dan Cody

Has there ever been a Raven with more bad luck?

What is this...3 straight years where he may miss the season?

It sucks because not only does he seem like a good guy, but he was supposed to be the guy to replace AD when he left originally.

I don't know if his career can be salvaged at this point as his knees are basically shot.

Blog Entries

Re: Dan Cody

On the one hand I feel bad for the guy...what are the odds? This seems like the nail in the coffin. I can't see him having three years completely shot due to injury, then coming back to have a good career. Time to start looking for some other LBs to step it up...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'd put him in the "he's done" career category now.

Too bad, I think he could have been a good player if he ever got on the field.

I feel sorry for him. He was a good college player and I thought had a good chance to make it in the NFL. He has a lot of bad luck. I would just IR him again and reevaluate him next year. I wish him the best.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Isn't this the last year of his contract? I think it's either get out there & play or he's done, at least here. I don't think he'll get a chance anywhere else as he is damaged goods & that is known around the league. I had high hopes when we drafted him & thought he was a steal at 2. He had that big time potential, but he is a bust now, thru no fault of his own. His knees are just shot & that is a shame. how we didn't catch this before we drafted him, I don't know. Hope he really got use out of his college education & can put it to use.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

He's not done yet. It will take 4 weeks to ascertain if the knee has healed, or would require season-ending additional surgery.

Put those knives and forks away for another month, please!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Isn't this the last year of his contract?
    No, he's in the 3rd year of a 4 year contract. He'll still be a Ravens next year, if they want him.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Cody has been a huge disappointment, although not his fault. Just a victim of bad luck. His rookie year when he tore his ACL on the first day of camp without ever being touched really set the tone for his entire career thus far.

I hope he gets this knee taken care of properly and is able to show something before his contract is up.

Disapointing, but not surprising. I dont expect to see him on the field as a Raven again. Barnes and Burgess will fill in just fine IMO.

What rotoworld says:

Ravens LB/DE Dan Cody revealed Monday that he had his hyperextended knee scoped again two weeks ago. He may miss the entire season.
    The Ravens likely aren't counting on their 2005 second-round pick making an impact, and prepared for his loss by drafting Anwtan Barnes. Cody will have the knee looked at again in a month and may need microfracture surgery.

It's starting to look like we may never see the real Dan Cody.

What a shame. I watched him a lot at OK he was great.