Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

More Insults Thrown Flacco's Way

I hope he is putting these up in his locker and looking at them everyday before practice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...170302676.html

Blog Entries

Re: More Insults Thrown Flacco's Way

Did you see who wrote the article? It was Chris Chase and he might actually be worse then Mike Preston.

Blog Entries

I've heard worse. It makes me laugh how people just assume the best quarter back in college is going to automatically be better than a 4 year pro who has been to the play off's in every season he's been in the league. Andrew Luck hasn't proven anything yet, I'm not saying he's going to be like Ryan Leaf infact I think he will be a great QB in the league, but that isn't a given, lets see how Luck handles a defense like the Houston Texans twice a year when he gets into the league.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I've heard worse. It makes me laugh how people just assume the best quarter back in college is going to automatically be better than a 4 year pro who has been to the play off's in every season he's been in the league. Andrew Luck hasn't proven anything yet, I'm not saying he's going to be like Ryan Leaf infact I think he will be a great QB in the league, but that isn't a given, lets see how Luck handles a defense like the Houston Texans twice a year when he gets into the league.
    A couple of years ago Jake Locker was the hot name but he decided to stay on school another year. There was mock draft of all current players. Kind of a fantasy thing you'd do with a video game. They had Brady and Manning and Reed and Fitzgerald all in the top and suddenly in the top 15 was Locker. The author actually felt this prospect who wasn't even in the draft was better than 99% of the players in the NFL.

Funny thing was that Locker had a poor Senior season and wasn't the hot name anymore the next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey leach, I agree. AND I have only two words to say on the subject...
    Tim Couch ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hey leach, I agree. AND I have only two words to say on the subject...
    Tim Couch ... Bc
    Theres been "cant miss" prospects that miss. I dont feel that way about luck but comparing him to flacco is a joke. Actually id love to put a rookie in cams offense with our wrs and show the detractors just how good flacco is.
    -JAB

I like how pretty much every single comment in that thread trashes Chase.

Putting Luck in front of anyone on that list is laughably stupid.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I don't think that's as insulting as this... posted a different version of this on the Peyton thread, but this edited-for-Yahoo version seems a bit more directive anyway:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...fect_fit_13840

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I don't think that's as insulting as this... posted a different version of this on the Peyton thread, but this edited-for-Yahoo version seems a bit more directive anyway:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...fect_fit_13840
    You just got to love the off season

Don't rule out a surprise team for Peyton

"When assessing the teams that could land Peyton Manning, it would be prudent to keep in mind the possibility that some team will swoop in out of nowhere and sign him."

"The difference this time around is that the Eagles had the ability to insist on secrecy. Manning has no reason to make any promises of discretion — unless, of course, the team that decides to slide in out of nowhere is a team like the Texans, Ravens, or 49ers, any of whom could give Manning that which he surely covets.

The chance to get his hands on the Lombardi Trophy for a second time."

I can't help but laugh at some of the stuff that's put out there.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I can't help but laugh at some of the stuff that's put out there.
    Seriously. :word

I would think that any rational person would take Flacco over Romo, Cutler or Vick at this point in their careers, yet all of those - plus Luck - are listed above Flacco by the writer. Silly, really.

Blog Entries

I don't know why all the Flacco hate stirs something in me but it does. I know Joe needs to improve but I also feel he can be better and I really want him to come out and lay all this criticism to rest. I just hope the same feelings are stirring in Flacco.

Even more-so than during the regular season, the writing in the offseason is just an excercise in throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks. Joe not being considered a top 10 guy at this point, totally shows a lack of real perspective. Given the lines and receivers he has had, he absolutely has to be included in the top 10 at least.