Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DeCosta on Sirius NFL Radio?

We have always let OL man walk. after watching this game for so many years i've come to the conclusuion that many others have and that's that the game is about line play on both sides of the ball. i don't care what kind of skill players you have if you don;t have a good OL you don;t have a chance.

Doesn't DeCosta report to Ozzie?

If so, why is this perceived as a knock on Harbuagh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Thanks for the info. It will be tough to see Grubbs go if that's the case. Grubbs is a guy in his prime and was worth the first round pick and it's pretty rare to see a first round pick not get a second contract with the team who drafted him when he's lived up to his potential.
    The only thing that scares me about grubbs is his toe and ankle. I believe he has already had 2 surgeries on the same ankle, but could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Thanks for the info. It will be tough to see Grubbs go if that's the case. Grubbs is a guy in his prime and was worth the first round pick and it's pretty rare to see a first round pick not get a second contract with the team who drafted him when he's lived up to his potential.
    Agreed. Its a numbers game unfortunately and you can only pay so many guys. A team that is as talented as the Ravens are will always face these dilemmas and frankly its a good problem to have. Rather be upset that we are losing a talented guy cause we have so many other talented guys to pay then be a fan of a team that sees talent leave even though they have cap room or does not draft enough talent to be in this position.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Doesn't DeCosta report to Ozzie?

If so, why is this perceived as a knock on Harbuagh?
    Apparently because he doesn't wear a Teflon suit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Decosta wasn't even given the Director of Player Personnel job until Harbaugh got here. Before Harbs got here, Decosta was just the head of college scouting. Are you saying that Decosta was more forthcoming about his thoughts on college players before Harbs got here? Of course he was. And he would be today. There's a big difference between tight-lips regarding your thoughts on college players and tight-lips regarding contract negotiations. People are always looking to take little stabs at Harbaugh, even when those stabs are illogical and not based in fact.
    DeCosta has been a Director for six years, Harbs has been here for 4. DeCosta was very involved in the hiring of Harbaugh.

DeCosta was much more candid during the Billick years publicly (when he still reported to Ozzie) and since Harbaugh's arrival he has gradually had to tone it down.

You don't know what you don't know.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi