Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: OBY played Fluke and Rush like a piano

Getting back to Ms. Kluke, since going before Congress
    on Friday, and btw - why wasn't she in class? And
    since then she has been on NBC 6 times, ABC once
    and a couple of other stations which takes up a lot of
    time.

Laura Ingram just said when she was in law school just barely had enough time to do all the work much less traveling around the country giving speeches and what not.

And of course she is getting paid for it as an activist
    as posted above. The Pelosi crowd picked her out for the White house to use her to turn attention away from the contraception issue because he was getting his ass kicked.

Things couldn't have worked out better when Rush
    put his foot in his mouth but now Breitbart threw
    the pebble into the avalanch that has the ball back
    in O BUMMER'S COURT.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    No the constitution isn't ideology but believing that one needs to filter their worldview through it all the time is highly ideological. Its the same as people using the bible to figure out how to think about something. You are allowed to think for yourself. Its rather ironic that you being the defender of liberty lacks the desire or initiative to think for yourself.
    I, being a “defender of liberty” am beholden to the constitution because it protects individual freedom. I am beholden to it because it protects the rights of individual states allowing more local control of laws and ability to adapt to current economic needs, social needs and change laws for its citizens more easily, instead of a centralized power telling every state has to operate under the same rules. This isn’t America; this is The UNITED STATES of America. The United part is to deal with “external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce”, things like mandating contraception be covered by insurance plans is a State matter. Did you know 28 states already have such laws? http://www.guttmacher.org/statecente...s/spib_ICC.pdf . Seems they're doing fine handling this on their own.

I don't doubt that the constitution is one of the greatest documents in the history of man but I am not beholden to it in any fashion that would prevent me from thinking about a solution to a problem in a novel and active manner. Of course that is an inherent difference between a progressive and a conservative thinker.
    This is so backwards I can’t believe you even typed it. Conservatives are for individual freedom and personal responsibility, progressives believe the government knows best and trust them unconditionally (at least when they’re democrat made decisions). Being for individual freedom means people thinking for themselves, believing the government knows best is transferring you’re power of thought to someone else to do it for you.

If you are so certain that you won't get an honest answer from a question, why would you ask it?
    I’d ask it, because, by not answering it you almost prove my point the same as if you’d answer it honestly . What would it make you if something was unconstitutional and you didn’t agree with it, thus you’d be against it, but you don’t care if it’s unconstitutional because you’re for it?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Which is why BHO's compromise of “fine you don’t have to provide these plans, but the insurance providers must provide it for free” is hilarious, the plans are still being paid for, and as a result of the insurance companies offering more services we both know they’ll just raise their rates, so the religious org’s are still paying for it. It kinda reminds me of people who say their against hunting as their eating a hamburger, animals are still being killed, just not directly by you…

You hit the nail on the head, this is a STATE issue. The Federal Government (HHS) stepping in and telling all organizations in separate stats is wrong. Than the POTUS telling private companies what they have to offer is even worse. Tell me Galen, where does the President have the power to do that?

That's rhetorical btw.

Answer this though, if it was "W" would you be okay with him unilaterally telling anybody anything... I don't think so...

Which was the point of this whole charade. Obama was polling miserably with women prior to this whole thing. Since the nations view on abortion has shifted, they need a controversy to get the woman vote. Knowing some would move to protect religious freedom, they used Republicans (and a few Dem's) trying to overturn the mandate as "hey look these people are against contraception". Sad this is what it takes to get people to elect you, but the useful idiots fall for that stuff.

Thank you for admitting our President uses race, gender and class to divide the country so he can get elected. And what is so sad about this is you applaud this as brilliance. How truly pathetic.
    Both parties use race, class, and anything else they think will work, to attract voters. Republicans attack the poor, Democrats attack the rich. One example: Republicans imply that government assistance primarily goes to non-whites (the stereotypical black welfare mother) to draw white voters; Democrats take it easy on illegal immigrants to draw Hispanic voters.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Both parties use race, class, and anything else they think will work, to attract voters. Republicans attack the poor, Democrats attack the rich. One example: Republicans imply that government assistance primarily goes to non-whites (the stereotypical black welfare mother) to draw white voters; Democrats take it easy on illegal immigrants to draw Hispanic voters.
    Nope no stereotyping here.

Blog Entries

LOL - Only 25% of the entire country approve of OBY. Almost twice

that number is vs him.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-11-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Blog Entries

NC is right. No sterotyping.

Newt is a GOP candidate who wants to legalize
    illegals. Al is right, DEMs want their votes but
    the GOPs need them to clean their toilets.

W caused us to lose control of the congress when he
    came out with his plan to legalize them. Conservatives
    stayed home in the 06 mid terms that gave DEMs
    control of Congress back and OBAMA CARE.

30M evangelical Christians stayed home in the 08
    election because of it too and that McCain was a
    Rockefeller liberal.

Blog Entries

$11/month. Thats how much it costs for birth control without insurance.