Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I like Wilson, had great college career. He will find a job somewhere. His height is what won't make him a high pick. I see some team taking him later in the draft. He is a pretty accurate passer. Height can be overrated, but no team will give up more than a 5th rounder for him, IMO. Good player, smart player, though. Ravens won't take him, they have other needs and Tyrod Taylor will a similar skillset.
    5th round sounds about right to me too. Wilson is a good leader too which is also something that teams will pick up on. I heard an interview with him a week ago and the first question was about his poor start of the Senior Bowl. He wasn't able to excuse it but he was able to at least explain it. That's a good sign for his interviews.

2. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

If wilson was 6'4 he would be the number 1 pick in the draft. No question ask. His heights scares people. But any scout will look at how tall wilson o-line was at wisconsin. Can anybody tell me how and why is Luck or RG3 a better QB than Wilson will besides height?

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    If wilson was 6'4 he would be the number 1 pick in the draft. No question ask. His heights scares people. But any scout will look at how tall wilson o-line was at wisconsin. Can anybody tell me how and why is Luck or RG3 a better QB than will besides height?
    Well in your opinion would you be absolutely shock if he doesn't go in the first round then?

Blog Entries

If wilson was 6'4 he would be the number 1 pick in the draft. No question ask. His heights scares people. But any scout will look at how tall wilson o-line was at wisconsin. Can anybody tell me how and why is Luck or RG3 a better QB than Wilson will besides height?
    Wilson should get drafted so we'll see what he can in the NFL. His height though is a huge issue with NFL teams. They have always given taller quarterback prospects more points than shorter ones.

I've never seen anyone play quarterback in the NFL on stilts before - and it would be kind of interesting to watch. Given his 5'10" height advantage he could change out his stilts to adjust to game situations.

6. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well in your opinion would you be absolutely shock if he doesn't go in the first round then?
    i know he is not going to go in the 1st round unless some team swims upstream and goes outside the box. He is projected as a late pick. I understand that. But on my own personal draft board i value him as the #1 QB in the draft. Definetly the most overlook or undervalued player.

7. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I've never seen anyone play quarterback in the NFL on stilts before - and it would be kind of interesting to watch. Given his 5'10" height advantage he could change out his stilts to adjust to game situations.
    Again i will ask any one to go look at Wisconsin o-linemen height from last year. I make it easy and do one for you, PETER KONZ, ravens fav. He is 6'5.

Blog Entries

Hey may not be the #1 pick in the draft, but he certainly would be in round 1 discussion.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

9. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hey may not be the #1 pick in the draft, but he certainly would be in round 1 discussion.
    Why? I am still waitin on anybody to tell me how luck or RG3, besides height, is a better qb than Wilson.

i know he is not going to go in the 1st round unless some team swims upstream and goes outside the box. He is projected as a late pick. I understand that. But on my own personal draft board i value him as the #1 QB in the draft. Definetly the most overlook or undervalued player.
    Fair enough. Then why would you suggest the Ravens use their 1st round selection on him. Are you not sold on Flacco?

Blog Entries

Why? I am still waitin on anybody to tell me how luck or RG3, besides height, is a better qb than Wilson.
    They're better prospects because the people who are paid to analyze prospects all say they're better. That doesn't mean that Wilson can't prove them all wrong but it does mean that he's not going anywhere near round 1 of the draft.

12. Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They're better prospects because the people who are paid to analyze prospects all say they're better. That doesn't mean that Wilson can't prove them all wrong but it does mean that he's not going anywhere near round 1 of the draft.
    You still not telling me why? These people who get paid to analyze players are not always right. we know that. Kyle Boller is a prime example. I want to know what make Luck and RG3 a better qb. your opinion. simply saying someone else says so is not a legit answer.