Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

RUSSEL WISLON SHOULD BE #1 PICK FOR RAVENS

Wilson by far is the most NFL ready QB in this draft. He has the footwork of a Drew Brees and the escapibility of a young McNabb. His pocket awareness is almost Manning like. A born leader like Ray Lewis and plays with a chip on his shoulder like Tom Brady. He has the arm and the touch to make every throw. He can maneuver in the pocket, make throws on the run , extend plays, and he protects the ball. All this is overlook because he is 5’11 in stature, 3 inches shorter that RG3 and 5 inches shorter than Luck. But outweighs them both in skills. Not only did throw for over 8,500 yards in 3yrs (2 1/2yrs as starter) at NC State but pass for 76 TD’s. Of course rewards and records followed him during his time there. In 2010 he was drafted by the Colorado Rockies to play 2nd base. Second Base and shortstop is the most athletic positions in baseball I remind you.

Even after all his success he still wanted to play football and live his dream of being a NFL quarterback. On June 27th 2011 he was released from his football scholarship from NC State and transferred to Wisconsin. In one month time he learned the playbook and got the starting position. He threw for over 3,100 yards and 33 TD’s with only 4 int’s with a 191.8 passer rating (76%completion). Wisconsin was 2nd behind Stanford in red zone offense. These mean he does not turn the ball over and makes smart decisions inside the red zone and scores TD’s.(Wisconsin 95%, Stanford 98%). He led Wisconsin to a Big Ten Championship. Still not impressed yet? Or is his height still a concern for you? His starting offensive line average height was 6’5 which is on par with NFL lineman. Any NFL scout who perfected his craft will see that Wilson is the best QB available in this draft. If any team drafts RG3 or Luck before him it is simply because of a few INCHES in height not how they play the game. For each team that will pass on him they will regret it deeply i.e.; Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He has a GOD given skill set and athletics to become one of the new breed of QBs the NFL has not yet seen. Coming from a family of lawyers his knowledge and IQ are superb and is not in question. He is a baller, he does not know anything else.

Anybody that actually knows football and the QB position can look at tape of Russel Wilson and see that he does and knows stuff that Joe Flacco still does not know how to do. Or is still learning how to do. Like pocket awareness, learning when to throw ball away, when to take a sack, how to extend plays in pocket. Granted Flacco had succes in the leauge so far. i will pin more on the Baltimore raven Team for his success than his individual performence.

PS- He ran a 4.55 40yard dash for those who like to look at numbers.

AWARDS AND RECORDS:
    2008- ACC Rookie of year
    2008- 1st team All ACC
    2009-(NCAA RECORD) Most passing attempts without throwing a INT(389)
    2010- 2nd team all ACC
    2010-11-(NCAA RECORD) Most consecutive game with TD pass(38)
    2011- Big 10 QB of the year
    2011- Big 10 Championship game MVP
    2011-(NCAA RECORD) Pass Efficiency for single season (191.8)

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens should draft Russel Wilson with 1st round pick

LMAO...your funny. The best thing about Russell Wilson is his "perfect for Sports" name.

Blog Entries

Is this Russell's mom?

Blog Entries

I smell another one of your posts going to the Trash Heap.

I'm beginning to think that you are Spanky from the other forum.

This is beyond stupid. Russell Wilson sucked at the Senior Bowl. He'll be lucky if he's chosen before the 4th round.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I smell another one of your posts going to the Trash Heap.

I'm beginning to think that you are Spanky from the other forum.

This is beyond stupid. Russell Wilson sucked at the Senior Bowl. He'll be lucky if he's chosen before the 4th round.
    I love the hate guys keep it coming. He suck at the senior bowl so he is complete garbage? lol. you must didnt read my post. You must not took the time to actually look at Russel Wilson and how he plays the game. Everybody is on the Luck and RG3 Cock Train. Im not. The media controls everybody including fans. Russel wilson is the best qb. But just like everybody thought cam newton was goin to be some shit he prove everybody wrong. Wait and see. Time is on my side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    I love the hate guys keep it coming. He suck at the senior bowl so he is complete garbage?
    Please show me where I said he was complete garbage. And yes, he did "suck" at the Senior Bowl. His throws were errant and he had a hard time finding lanes to throw through, which an important thing to consider with a QB who is 5'10" and change. Regardless of whether or not you want to understand or grasp this major factor it is something that all GM's, scouts, and coaches take into consideration.

lol. you must didnt read my post.
    You're right. I "must didn't". Who taught you english? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm seriously interested because I am going to make sure that my kids don't go to that school system.

You must not took the time to actually look at Russel Wilson and how he plays the game. Everybody is on the Luck and RG3 Cock Train. Im not.
    RusselL (that elusive 2nd L again...) Wilson was a fantastic college QB. He's smart, athletic, and works hard. I think he'd be a great back up QB and I think it would be really smart of him to consider working on playing another position like WR or something. It's going to be very difficult for him to break the barrier of being 5'10" and change and be a starting caliber QB in the NFL.

The media controls everybody including fans. Russel wilson is the best qb. But just like everybody thought cam newton was goin to be some shit he prove everybody wrong. Wait and see. Time is on my side.
    You're right. Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are totally comparable. So much in fact that, oh wait, that's right...Cam Newton was the #1 overall pick in the draft and is also 6'6". Russell Wilson will be lucky to be a career back up in the NFL and you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone otherwise. In the right system he might be able to do some good things, but I doubt he even gets that opportunity. He'll be drafted between rounds 4-7, but more than likely he won't get drafted at all and he'll compete to be the #3 QB on some team and eventually he'll make the decision to go try out for a MLB team because he won't be getting the opportunities in the NFL.

Do you remember Chris Leak? I'm assuming probably not, but he was the QB at Florida before Tim Tebow and Leak was one of the better QB's during that time in college. He was a starter as a true freshman, went 6-3 his freshman year, and was named to the all SEC team. In 4 years as a starter he had a 62% completion rate, 101 total TD's (88 passing), and over 11,000 yards. Not to mention a National Championship trophy and the MVP award for that game. Leak was an outstanding college QB and made the Chicago Bears roster and the next year they went with another guy who wasn't nearly as decorated.

Know where he is now? Playing for the Jacksonville Sharks arena league.

Blog Entries

Damn you start early! Oh well go ahead and pass it this way...I need some of that!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Also, it is RUSSELL Wilson, with two L's.

You'd think if you were going to post something completely ridiculous you would at least figure out how to spell the dude's name.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Also, it is RUSSELL Wilson, with two L's.

You'd think if you were going to post something completely ridiculous you would at least figure out how to spell the dude's name.
    who cares about if i spelled his name right. you knew who i was talking about. And if you read my post i also made up a word called escapibility. knock me for that too

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    RUSSEL WISLON SHOULD BE #1 PICK FOR RAVENS

Wilson by far is the most NFL ready QB in this draft. He has the footwork of a Drew Brees and the escapibility of a young McNabb. His pocket awareness is almost Manning like. A born leader like Ray Lewis and plays with a chip on his shoulder like Tom Brady. He has the arm and the touch to make every throw. He can maneuver in the pocket, make throws on the run , extend plays, and he protects the ball. All this is overlook because he is 5’11 in stature, 3 inches shorter that RG3 and 5 inches shorter than Luck. But outweighs them both in skills. Not only did throw for over 8,500 yards in 3yrs (2 1/2yrs as starter) at NC State but pass for 76 TD’s. Of course rewards and records followed him during his time there. In 2010 he was drafted by the Colorado Rockies to play 2nd base. Second Base and shortstop is the most athletic positions in baseball I remind you.

Even after all his success he still wanted to play football and live his dream of being a NFL quarterback. On June 27th 2011 he was released from his football scholarship from NC State and transferred to Wisconsin. In one month time he learned the playbook and got the starting position. He threw for over 3,100 yards and 33 TD’s with only 4 int’s with a 191.8 passer rating (76%completion). Wisconsin was 2nd behind Stanford in red zone offense. These mean he does not turn the ball over and makes smart decisions inside the red zone and scores TD’s.(Wisconsin 95%, Stanford 98%). He led Wisconsin to a Big Ten Championship. Still not impressed yet? Or is his height still a concern for you? His starting offensive line average height was 6’5 which is on par with NFL lineman. Any NFL scout who perfected his craft will see that Wilson is the best QB available in this draft. If any team drafts RG3 or Luck before him it is simply because of a few INCHES in height not how they play the game. For each team that will pass on him they will regret it deeply i.e.; Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He has a GOD given skill set and athletics to become one of the new breed of QBs the NFL has not yet seen. Coming from a family of lawyers his knowledge and IQ are superb and is not in question. He is a baller, he does not know anything else.

Anybody that actually knows football and the QB position can look at tape of Russel Wilson and see that he does and knows stuff that Joe Flacco still does not know how to do. Or is still learning how to do. Like pocket awareness, learning when to throw ball away, when to take a sack, how to extend plays in pocket. Granted Flacco had succes in the leauge so far. i will pin more on the Baltimore raven Team for his success than his individual performence.

PS- He ran a 4.55 40yard dash for those who like to look at numbers.

AWARDS AND RECORDS:
    2008- ACC Rookie of year
    2008- 1st team All ACC
    2009-(NCAA RECORD) Most passing attempts without throwing a INT(389)
    2010- 2nd team all ACC
    2010-11-(NCAA RECORD) Most consecutive game with TD pass(38)
    2011- Big 10 QB of the year
    2011- Big 10 Championship game MVP
    2011-(NCAA RECORD) Pass Efficiency for single season (191.8)
    You are either his agent or dating his sister but to suggest that he should be first round material when everybody else has him rated 4th round or worse is a bit of a stretch.
    So he has some success at the collegiate level but let me ask you the question. If he's the most NFL bound QB would you adivse the Colts to take him #1 overall? You're fascination with Wilson seems to suggest that the's going to take the league by storm and you're suggestion that the Ravens should select him in the first round clearly shows you don't have a good pulse on the team's needs.

He suck at the senior bowl so he is complete garbage? lol. you must didnt read my post.

Enough said.