Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In a week, we've heard ....

1. Rice won't get the tag
    2. Foxworth is being restructured.
    3. Ravens are horrible cap managers
    4. Floyd wanted to come to the Ravens
    5. Most pro athletes shack up in a state that taxes even part-time residents.

What other gem am I missing?
    You forgot that the cap was going to be $150 million

Blog Entries

6. Peyton Manning to the Ravens

Boulder is sort of the "SteelLegends" version of our message board. Nobody takes anything he says seriously whatsoever, but you keep around for comedic relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You forgot that the cap was going to be $150 million
    In 2014 it will be. Also, I reported Kelly Gregg was getting cut long before anyone else knew he would, also reported a year ago Peyton Manning career could likely be over via Stokely, only passed the message about Foxworth cause of Laconfora stated so, Young stud athletes go where the good weather and hot girls are. Got it.
    Come visit our family BBQ for Colt nostaglia.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Boulder is sort of the "SteelLegends" version of our message board. Nobody takes anything he says seriously whatsoever, but you keep around for comedic relief.
    I'm starting to see that. Thanks for the heads up.

This notion that the Ravens somehow "couldn't" sign Floyd due to the McGahee thing is ridiculous.

The Ravens put their offer out and didn't budge. If they really wanted him that badly they could've upped their offer but they didnt.

As RiW pointed out, the Ravens signed a few other players after Floyd decided the wanted to take SD's deal.

I mean, how long must this be discussed?

PP

Boulder's "connections" not withstanding, there are multiple reports Foxworth did indeed get a physical .... as part of a medical settlement.

Keep em' coming, Boulder!

Exactly.

An exit physical.

PP

Americanmade2012 Guest

Ravens announced they terminated the contracts of CB Chris Carr and WR Lee Evans and placed RB Ricky Williams on the reserve/retired list

According to Adam Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    In 2014 it will be. Also, I reported Kelly Gregg was getting cut long before anyone else knew he would, also reported a year ago Peyton Manning career could likely be over via Stokely, only passed the message about Foxworth cause of Laconfora stated so, Young stud athletes go where the good weather and hot girls are. Got it.
    1. You've said that the Cap this year was going to be $130M or more on (more than) several occasions.

2. LaCanfora didn't say it though. He speculated that they may bring him back for cheaper (which doesn't mean that he won't be released first).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

My buddy in the front office of the Anchorage Grizzlies of the Eskimo Football League (EFL) told me that the Ravens had the following moves on the horizon:

1) They would be bringing back Domonique Foxworth back at a salary of $1.99 per game. Foxworth was so embarrassed by taking all that money over the first three years of his contract that he felt he was obligated to offer the Ravens a discount for 2012. I called the league offices and spoke directly to Commissioner Goodell and confirmed that the league was temporarily suspending the clause that specifies the amount of the veteran mininum salary in order to accomodate this act of goodwill.

2) The Ravens are intending to trade Flacco to the Redskins in exchange for the 1st round pick in 2012 and 2013 as well as 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft.

3) Speculation from my buddy in Anchorage is that there is currently a quarterback on the Sitka Seals who has an incredible arm and can run a 4.15 40. He told me he's had the best arm they've seen in Alaska since Yukon Cornelius threw a snowball and knocked out one of the teeth of the abominable snowman. Since he has never formally submitted his name to the draft, this quarterback (whose name I can't disclose to anyone here for fear that it might get out to other scouts), is eligible for the 2012 draft and the Ravens are intending to use their 7th round draft pick on him and have him audition for the QB role next year with Tyrod Taylor, Kyle Boller, Troy Smith, and Steve McNair (I found out from a friend in the Titans front office who was in the neighboring room at the time of the alleged "murder" that McNair faked his own death in order to avoid paying a stiff IRS penalty...and is currently living in southern Argentina with Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, and Adolf Hitler's illegitimate son, Miguel). The Ravens are so confident in the abilities of this QB that they decided that Flacco was expendable.

4) My friend in Anchorage also told me that there are about 15 players on the Ravens who are considering retiring from the NFL in order to join the Eskimo Football League. They said that the cost of living in Alaska, particularly the low costs of heating their igloos, was prompting the drive to move to a colder climate. Plus, several of these players have said that the fact that there are so many highly attractive women living in "babe hotspots" like Nome, Juneau, and Point Barrow also contributed to their decision. Bryant McKinnie secretly told my buddy that, after visiting Point Barrow, none of the women in Baltimore could cut it anymore. A lot of the women he considered to be 10s in Charm City were like 7s in North Alaska. He told my buddy that none of the Bmore women could compare because they just don't have that thick, healthy skin that you can only get from having -65 degree winds blow up along your face. He also said that it was much easier to charter his next "love cruise" without police or coast guard interference in North Alaska.

I can't wait for all these things to happen so I can show you how reliable my "inside source" really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    A Baltimore girl that we consider a 10 is a 7 out their, hot girls are a dime a dozen.
    I call BS. A 10 is a 10; a 7 is a 7. I lived in Southern California for a while (not just a visit a couple of times a year) and there are plenty of ugly girls out there. Fat ones, too. The only reason people think all the hot, thin girls are out there is that there are millions more to choose from, they see that on TV, and they aren't wearing wools sweaters and down jackets in the winter. You can romanticize Southern Cal all you want, but it's not really close to the truth. There are loads of good looking east coast women, and players aren't playing for San Diego because they can get some tail. Seriously? Pro athletes can get tail anywhere.