Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Malcom Floyd WANTED to stay in SD.

The Ravens offered him and he passed.

This thread is amusing.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He destroyed a rookie corner. No one played well that game. Cary Williams got lit up, the DL got beaten up...that was just a terrible game all around.

I'm not disputing that the Ravens don't need a big guy at the WR position, but I was just never a big fan of Malcom Floyd and he really was just posturing to get more $$$ from the Chargers. I've always thought that he was pretty overrated.
    EXtremely over-rated, as is Vincent Jackson. Neither of those guys give anything that resembles a consistent effort, and Floyd is perpetually hurt. They do not play like Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    EXtremely over-rated, as is Vincent Jackson. Neither of those guys give anything that resembles a consistent effort, and Floyd is perpetually hurt. They do not play like Ravens.
    The thing with VJax is he is extremely quick for his size. 6'5" 230lb guys don't normally move like he can. That's what kind of separates him from other receivers. That said, he'll be 30 this year and at what point does he just slow down incredibly because he's not a guy known for really keeping himself in tip/top shape.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The thing with VJax is he is extremely quick for his size. 6'5" 230lb guys don't normally move like he can. That's what kind of separates him from other receivers. That said, he'll be 30 this year and at what point does he just slow down incredibly because he's not a guy known for really keeping himself in tip/top shape.
    Yeah, I know that VJax has all that going for him...but here in San Diego he has the same reputation that Chris McAlister had in Bmore: he likes the lifestyle more than the game.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826673,-117.205510

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Yeah, I know that VJax has all that going for him...but here in San Diego he has the same reputation that Chris McAlister had in Bmore: he likes the lifestyle more than the game.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826673,-117.205510
    I've definitely heard that and from what I've read and heard he's one of those guys that is really just interested in the $$$.

I do think Baltimore needs another WR, but I don't think VJax is that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Malcom Floyd WANTED to stay in SD.

The Ravens offered him and he passed.

This thread is amusing.

PP
    This.

I was a huge Malcom Floyd guy...I really wanted him here.

I also realized during the interest that he never really wanted to come here and was using us to get money from San Diego. I remember there was almost an entire week where his signing felt immenent based on comments from our beat writers...and the longer it went on, the stranger it felt. When we got the numbers he resigned for in San Diego, I think it was clear to everyone...even Aaron Wilson mentioned it on his twitter at the time...that Floyd had no intentions of signing here because we could have, and probably did match the offer he got and probably exceeded it a little, yet he dragged it out as long as he could to get as much cash form San Diego as possible.

Cap space was not an issue with him.

Most NFL players who make more than the minimum live in either the LA burbs like Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach the San Diego area, Arizona or Florida. Then they rent fancy condos in the city they play in during the season. The reason Floyd didn't leave SD, was $. Had the Ravens tossed out the extra 1.5-2 million or so, he would of been a Raven.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Most NFL players who make more than the minimum live in either the LA burbs like Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach the San Diego area, Arizona or Florida. Then they rent fancy condos in the city they play in during the season. The reason Floyd didn't leave SD, was $. Had the Ravens tossed out the extra 1.5-2 million or so, he would of been a Raven.
    They live in Florida because there is no income tax.

Is that the case in California?

Regardless, Floyd wanted San Diego to up the ante. He used Baltimore and that was obvious. Had Baltimore significantly overpaid for the guy then maybe he would have signed with Baltimore, but when does Ozzie really overpay for free agents? Hardly ever and the most recent being Foxworth and that was 4 years ago now.

Furthermore, most athletes don't actually have their home of record in the city where their team is. Anquan Boldin has a place in Maryland, but his home of record is in Florida. Donovan McNabb's home of record was in Arizona even thoug he played for Philly.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 03-02-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Wicked, in the beach communities of LA, like HB, MB, SM, LB and the whole area is full of pro athletes. I have several pro freinds who live out their and go their often a couple times a year. The weather is great, great place to train, plus the girls out their in their 20's, 30's and even 40's are incredibly fit and beautiful and mostly single. A Baltimore girl that we consider a 10 is a 7 out their, hot girls are a dime a dozen. You go to any decent restaurant out their any given night in the offseason you may see 10-20 players a night out at club, it's a great place to be young, fit
    and single. It's the best place to be at that time in your life. You hit a gym out their and see more hot girls that you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Sure, if we really overpaid, maybe, but I'm not giving a guy $2 million more a year than his next best offer...especially if the guy isn't one of the best in the league in his position.

Floyd wanted to stay in San Diego, nobody is mad at him for doing so, but you aren't going to convince anyone that we didn't have the money when over the course of a week later, we signed 2 guys to deals totalling close to $5 million.

In a week, we've heard ....

1. Rice won't get the tag
    2. Foxworth is being restructured.
    3. Ravens are horrible cap managers
    4. Floyd wanted to come to the Ravens
    5. Most pro athletes shack up in a state that taxes even part-time residents.

What other gem am I missing?

You left out that his Daddy is an all pro Colt but he won't say which and the he's good buddies with many a pro player.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.367945,-76.729157
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron