Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Seems like odd move, especially with Williams and Smiths surgery and Webb and Williams as RFA's why not wait til June?
    Because the Ravens pride themselves on being "player- friendly" and releasing him now - with a June 1 designation - allows him to hit the market when it opens and have a fair shot at free agency, as opposed to June when there's less money to go around and jobs are already spoken for.

Plus, he's obviously not in their plans.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens likely knew that Carr would not earn a roster spot that justified his contract. So, out of respect, they are going to give him plenty of time to find a new team through FA.
    TRue, but wonder if cutting him before June 1st saves more money for 2013. But if not, cut him after June 1st, save an extra 1.9 million and training camps haven't even started he would have more than enough time to find a team.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They only save if they elect a June 1 designation. That means dead money in 2013.
    Barring anything unexpected, that should be their only dead money in 2013 (unless Cundiff loses his job in TC), other than the minor amounts for the bonuses paid to UDFAs.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Because the Ravens pride themselves on being "player- friendly" and releasing him now - with a June 1 designation - allows him to hit the market when it opens and have a fair shot at free agency, as opposed to June when there's less money to go around and jobs are already spoken for.

Plus, he's obviously not in their plans.
    I see your point, but we have 2cb's to tender and 2 coming
    Off surgery. I'd wait to see how it all pans out first before releasing him. Plus at a cost of nearly 2 million bucks. The Ravens don't need to be that friendly to leave them exposed and take a cap hit. Carr has plenty of time to find a job, injuries happen and other June 1st cuts as well.Plus having an extra 2 million after June 1st allows Ravens to add needed peices if need be ie like last year Gurode and MCKinnie. It is a business afterall.

I see your point, but we have 2cb's to tender and 2 coming
    Off surgery. I'd wait to see how it all pans out first before releasing him. Plus at a cost of nearly 2 million bucks. The Ravens don't need to be that friendly to leave them exposed and take a cap hit. Carr has plenty of time to find a job, injuries happen and other June 1st cuts as well.
    I think you're making a mountain out of a mole in regards to the injuries. I'm pretty sure these moves were made with these injuries in mind and if the Ravens didn't feel comfortable they wouldn't have been so quick to act.
    I have to admit that Carr's release (especially as the first one) is still a little surprising. That tells me the Ravens are very comfortable with Cary's healing time and the play of Ghorrer and Brown.

Blog Entries

There are plenty of cases where off-season procedures go unreported. This is nothing to be alarmed about. Last year, Jarret Johnson was asked how his off-season went. Johnson said that he had a great off-season, since he only had one procedure. There guys have so many procdures that most of them go unreported.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Not sure why folks are surprised.

And I wouldn't count on Foxworth either. Just because Carr is gone doesn't mean Foxy is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

And I wouldn't count on Foxworth either. Just because Carr is gone doesn't mean Foxy is staying.
    No one is completely surprised by the release but more likely the timing of it. As for Foxworth, everyone and their grandmother knows he's gone. Much has been said about his impending release on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Not so fast, laconfora reporting that Ravens to give physical to Foxworth and if goes well to ask him to restructure.

Not so fast, laconfora reporting that Ravens to give physical to Foxworth and if goes well to ask him to restructure.
    More like an exit physical.

Carr was a lock to be cut.

Foxworth was the lock of the century to be cut.

PP

Carr just Tweeted ...

Talked to Ozzie and John today much respect... I will miss my teammates the most, boy we had fun!

He also reported Pagano was staying.

Grain of salt.