Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    How many Sb's have they won recently? Been in 3 to our Zero, they just restructure and cut players it works for them obviously. Just doing it in different manner.
    Wait.

Seriously?

PP

Blog Entries

How many Sb's have they won recently? Been in 3 to our Zero, they just restructure and cut players it works for them obviously. Just doing it in different manner.
    If we are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers, they have not been an uber-restructuring team, traditionally. They began a new trend recently (Last season).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.
    Yeah I'm tired of this lousy cap management. Playoff 4 straight years. This is getting old:chill

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Yeah I'm tired of this lousy cap management. Playoff 4 straight years. This is getting old:chill
    Big whoppity doo! 40% of the teams make the playoffs. Had we not f'd up last year with McGahee we likely have a huge peice on our mantle. Be happy with playoff appearances but how I grew up championships are what matter. You must be a diehard Oriole fan.
    Last edited by Boulderraven; 03-01-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Big whoppity doo! 40% of the teams make the playoffs. Had we not f'd up last year with McGahee we likely have a huge peice on our mantle. Be happy with playoff appearances but how I grew up championships are what matter. You must be a doe hard Oriole fan.
    What did losing that 6+ million keep the Ravens from getting that kept them from winning the Super Bowl?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Boulderraven, you may want to lay off the gas. Wildly speculating then insulting those who challenge you ain't the best way to get along here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What did losing that 6+ million keep the Ravens from getting that kept them from winning the Super Bowl?
    A WR or DE, mainly dollar short on landing Malcolm Floyd and having to trade your 4th rounder for oft injured Lee Evans, who let fate slip through his hands. Imagine Smith, Floyd and Boldin? Imagine Floyds size in the RZ?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Boulderraven, you may want to lay off the gas. Wildly speculating then insulting those who challenge you ain't the best way to get along here.
    I am not critical of anyone, but I am critical of some moves the Ravens have made.
    I didn't insult anyone first. Just pointing out facts.

Carr being released makes perfect sense; Cary Williams is bigger and cheaper, Jimmy Smith is a 1st round pick, Lardarius Webb is just flat out better. Once you get past the top 3, Chykie Brown has potential and Danny Gorrer is a capable dime guy. I'd like to see more from our 4th and 5th corners, to see their lateral movement, closing speed and strength on jams BUT I feel like our cornerback corps is solid. NOW, if we can find a decent covering free safety to replace Ruki...

I am not critical of anyone, but I am critical of some moves the Ravens have made.
    Calling someone a die hard Orioles fan in the context of what you wrote sure sounded that way.

Cool it, please.

Dude, every single person here could and practically has had issues at times with some moves the team has made.

In fact, probably other than the Eagles fans last year (and last year only), fans of every team question their own teams moves yearly...sometimes those fans are right...more than not, they are wrong.

Blog Entries

You must excuse Boulder. He is a Carr apologist from that other forum.

Anyways, not even sure why this got to 3 pages, this was known last season. Someone will pick him up to be their 2nd or 3rd CB. And by doing it now they'll designate it properly save the same amount AND give the guy time to find a new home. Thats player friendly. AND it is my understanding you are only allowed to use the June1 designation EARLY on 2 players. My guess is Foxie will be the next and they are probably in talks with Evans to restructure so they can wait until after June 1.