Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

If true, Ravens save 2.5 million on the cap. Little surprised Foxworth and Evans were not first to go.

Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

actually only saving 600K unless they make it the post june 1 date, but then they dont get the 2.5mil cap until june 1, i think is how it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    If true, Ravens save 2.5 million on the cap. Little surprised Foxworth and Evans were not first to go.

Blog Entries

They only save if they elect a June 1 designation. That means dead money in 2013.

yea but no point cutting a guy for 600k, especially a solid CB, where depth is needed. I think they elect the June 1 date and carry the dead money next year to get that extra saving this year. The cap should go up and nulify that next year hopefully. 2.5 mil is over a 1/4 of RR franchise tag amount, it would help us tremendously. id give ben grubbs thats extra money all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They only save if they elect a June 1 designation. That means dead money in 2013.

Seems like odd move, especially with Williams and Smiths surgery and Webb and Williams as RFA's why not wait til June?

iggyman555 Guest

per facebook

"Bmore Ravens Fan Page
    Also from Aaron Wilson- I'm told that the Ravens also plan to cut WR Lee Evans and CB Domonique Foxworth. No surprises there."

"Bmore Ravens Fan Page
    From Aaron Wilson- Per a league source. Chris Carr was due a $2.5 million base salary and carried a $3.45 million base salary for next season. Now, he's being cut, per a source."

Blog Entries

The Ravens likely knew that Carr would not earn a roster spot that justified his contract. So, out of respect, they are going to give him plenty of time to find a new team through FA.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

No real surprise, though shame for Carr as really injuries pushed him down the depth chart. It wouldn't surprise me if they pick up another corner somewhere to compensate for losing Carr (and Foxworth, sort of) as depth (as the top 3 are sorted and Gorrer looks like he's got potential).

https://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider...32903813783553

These two are next, are we getting teh cuts out of the wat early this year, or when where they last year?

Maybe to sign Ben Grubbs

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Ravens likely knew that Carr would not earn a roster spot that justified his contract. So, out of respect, they are going to give him plenty of time to find a new team through FA.
    TRue, but wonder if cutting him before June 1st saves more money for 2013. But if not, cut him after June 1st, save an extra 1.9 million and training camps haven't even started he would have more than enough time to find a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Seems like odd move, especially with Williams and Smiths surgery and Webb and Williams as RFA's why not wait til June?
    Because the Ravens pride themselves on being "player- friendly" and releasing him now - with a June 1 designation - allows him to hit the market when it opens and have a fair shot at free agency, as opposed to June when there's less money to go around and jobs are already spoken for.

Plus, he's obviously not in their plans.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Because the Ravens pride themselves on being "player- friendly" and releasing him now - with a June 1 designation - allows him to hit the market when it opens and have a fair shot at free agency, as opposed to June when there's less money to go around and jobs are already spoken for.

Plus, he's obviously not in their plans.
    I see your point, but we have 2cb's to tender and 2 coming
    Off surgery. I'd wait to see how it all pans out first before releasing him. Plus at a cost of nearly 2 million bucks. The Ravens don't need to be that friendly to leave them exposed and take a cap hit. Carr has plenty of time to find a job, injuries happen and other June 1st cuts as well.Plus having an extra 2 million after June 1st allows Ravens to add needed peices if need be ie like last year Gurode and MCKinnie. It is a business afterall.