Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 97
  1. #16

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl



    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Because the Ravens pride themselves on being "player- friendly" and releasing him now - with a June 1 designation - allows him to hit the market when it opens and have a fair shot at free agency, as opposed to June when there's less money to go around and jobs are already spoken for.

    Plus, he's obviously not in their plans.
    I see your point, but we have 2cb's to tender and 2 coming
    Off surgery. I'd wait to see how it all pans out first before releasing him. Plus at a cost of nearly 2 million bucks. The Ravens don't need to be that friendly to leave them exposed and take a cap hit. Carr has plenty of time to find a job, injuries happen and other June 1st cuts as well.Plus having an extra 2 million after June 1st allows Ravens to add needed peices if need be ie like last year Gurode and MCKinnie. It is a business afterall.




  2. #17

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I see your point, but we have 2cb's to tender and 2 coming
    Off surgery. I'd wait to see how it all pans out first before releasing him. Plus at a cost of nearly 2 million bucks. The Ravens don't need to be that friendly to leave them exposed and take a cap hit. Carr has plenty of time to find a job, injuries happen and other June 1st cuts as well.
    I think you're making a mountain out of a mole in regards to the injuries. I'm pretty sure these moves were made with these injuries in mind and if the Ravens didn't feel comfortable they wouldn't have been so quick to act.
    I have to admit that Carr's release (especially as the first one) is still a little surprising. That tells me the Ravens are very comfortable with Cary's healing time and the play of Ghorrer and Brown.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    There are plenty of cases where off-season procedures go unreported. This is nothing to be alarmed about. Last year, Jarret Johnson was asked how his off-season went. Johnson said that he had a great off-season, since he only had one procedure. There guys have so many procdures that most of them go unreported.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,511
    Not sure why folks are surprised.

    And I wouldn't count on Foxworth either. Just because Carr is gone doesn't mean Foxy is staying.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #20

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure why folks are surprised.

    And I wouldn't count on Foxworth either. Just because Carr is gone doesn't mean Foxy is staying.
    No one is completely surprised by the release but more likely the timing of it. As for Foxworth, everyone and their grandmother knows he's gone. Much has been said about his impending release on this board.




  6. #21

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not sure why folks are surprised.

    And I wouldn't count on Foxworth either. Just because Carr is gone doesn't mean Foxy is staying.
    Not so fast, laconfora reporting that Ravens to give physical to Foxworth and if goes well to ask him to restructure.




  7. #22

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Not so fast, laconfora reporting that Ravens to give physical to Foxworth and if goes well to ask him to restructure.
    More like an exit physical.

    Carr was a lock to be cut.

    Foxworth was the lock of the century to be cut.

    PP




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,511
    Carr just Tweeted ...

    Talked to Ozzie and John today much respect... I will miss my teammates the most, boy we had fun!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Not so fast, laconfora reporting that Ravens to give physical to Foxworth and if goes well to ask him to restructure.
    He also reported Pagano was staying.

    Grain of salt.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,015
    Over-interpreting to read this as a sign the Ravens feel confident in locking up Webb?

    Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    One year ago we were all stressing about the CB position... I guess things have changed
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

    Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

    Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  13. #28

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is not much to read into this. Even when Chris Carr is taken into consideration, this would have been your 2012 depth chart at CB:

    Lardarius Webb
    Cary Williams
    Jimmy Smith
    Danny Gorrer
    Chris Carr

    Then, you haven't even touched on the idea that Chykie Brown could improve. Carr was making too much money for a fifth CB. So, they are going to give him the chance to join another team early. They were going to cut him eventually.
    Exactly.

    Hell, Carr was a healthy scratch for the Houston playoff game!

    PP




  14. #29

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Well who cares, we don't need to save 1.9 million in cap space by waiting 3 months. Raven cap management is awful. It's trivial compared to the 6.3 million we wasted last year by not letting Mcgahee go in March instead of August. Careless and reckless with money. Had they made the right moves signing Grubbs or a#1 WR would be a peice a cake.




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,879
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens release Chris Carr per kffl

    Good luck Carr. Hope you land in Indy with Pags and are given the chance to start.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland