Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Monday Night Football Words of Wisdom

Greg - well done. :)

My favorite was Dan Dierdorf arguing that time of posession was the most important stat. I may not be a football genius, but I'll take the points every time.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

2. Re: Monday Night Football Words of Wisdom

How about the announcer last night (i think it was Cornheiser?) that made the statement something like, "He must have seen something, or he wouldn't have pulled it out of his pants", referring to a play where a flag was thrown and then picked up for no penalty. They all cracked up as soon as he said it.

Madden's "A-hole" comment is an all-time classic. I also like his pontification on the Bengals "leading the league in Johnsons".

One of my favorite Madden-isms is when he said that he thought that the team that scores the most points will win the game. Duh.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

What Joe the smoe was trying to say,was that the new field turf was like playing on a muddy field.If you ever have played on a muddy field you have to run more upright,otherwise your feet are going to slide out from under you.It just sounded strange the way he put it with his foot in his mouth.

This MNF crew blows huge chunks.

Joe did also say something about the ref pulling it out of his pants.Which got childish laughs to.:grbac:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I kind of like Thiesman-go figure... Of course I also like the smell of chlorine bleach, so there you are.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I like Theisman as well.

My favorite was Dan Dierdorf arguing that time of posession was the most important stat. I may not be a football genius, but I'll take the points every time.
    And after points, I will take turn-overs. If you hold the ball for 40 minutes and turn it over 5 times to none you will lose.

What I think he meant is running straight up and down. When players cut their legs aren't directly under them. I think this was his intention.

But still it was quite funny.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    Theisman is easliy the worst announcer in football.
    I dont know, Bill Maas is certainly giving him a run for his money.

We were listening to one of the local high school games a few weeks ago and it started raining at the field.

The announcer actually said, "There's not a lot of water in that rain."

His co-announcer earned a lot of respect by responding, "What the heck are you talking about? It's rain. It's full of water."
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

There was also a great part about a receiver catching the ball with his hands. Those guys are brilliant

I'll take Theisman over Kornheiser any day though. Good lord, I wanted to throw the remote at the TV every time he mentioned the field. He had something to say about it in every goddamned possession. "Reggie Bush can't make the cuts he likes because of the field" or "Michael Vick loses some running ability because of the field". Argh!

"His hands are like cobras!"
    - Bill Maas on Larry Fitzgerald