Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton Manning?

1. Peyton Manning?

Peyton Manning...

The major need for the Ravens to be a SUPER BOWL contender is not so much a big WR as it is to get rid of the current QB Flacco. I know most dont like hearing this but he is NOT a super bowl quality QB. The Ravens defense played as good as they possibly could against the Patriots and Flacco COULD NOT get it done. Replace Flacco with Peyton and the ravens are in the BIG GAME. Torrey Smith, Bolden, Lee Evans and Ray Rice are more than enough weapons for a Super Bowl worthy QB like Peyton. Flacco is a good QB at times, and at other times hes subpar at best. He's never been GREAT or ELITE and likely never will be. Peyons WRs in Indy have been less talented than the ones Joe has been afforded and he still fails.

Who wants Ray Lewis & Ed Reed to end their careers falling short with Flacco again? His own team criticized him for a reason, they see him in practice everyday!!! Imagine Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, ect. with a defense like this? Constantly getting them the ball back??? They would be as dominant a team as they have ever been in the league. The only one of those guys that are available is Peyton and I say the Ravens do their best to get him. He's never had a back like Ray Rice and that will make things that much easier!! Why dont more people see the upside in this. All the top free agent WRs will want to come and play with Peyton!! Mike Wallace, V-Jax, Colston, Moss. Im almost 100% sure Reggie Wayne will want to re-unite with Peyton. I'll take an 80% Peyton over a 20TD 10INT Flacco.

56-57% Completion percentage is not SUPER BOWL caliber. Peyton beats Flacco in every aspect, if hes been cleared to play since January I have no doubt he will be able to throw in 6 months come september. What can beat the ravens defense giving peyton so many chances to score every sunday?

Flacco is out! He will never be a GREAT qb.

Better QBs than Flacco:

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Philip Rivers
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning
    Tony Romo
    Ben Rothlesberger
    Mathew Stafford
    Matt Ryan
    Cam Newton
    Michael Vick
    Matt Schaub

and arguable Alex Smith and Sam Bradford!!!

hes not even a top 10 guy so lets be serious here.

A lot of these guys have even less experience than Joe Flacco so I cannot make any excuses for him at all, im sorry!!

these at the very least 12 better QBs in the game right now. And the Ravens cannot get past the Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Packers, Saints, 49ers, Giants with Joe Flacco leading the huddle.

Make the move!!!!

I needed a good laugh.

It's the same laugh I have when I hear folks who think bringing in an aged QB with a neck that he cannot turn left, an arm he cannot fully feel or use to throw a ball more than 25 yards and a worse playoff win percentage than Flacco is actually a good idea.

Re: Peyton Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven407 View Post
    Peyton Manning...

The major need for the Ravens to be a SUPER BOWL contender is not so much a big WR as it is to get rid of the current QB Flacco. I know most dont like hearing this but he is NOT a super bowl quality QB. The Ravens defense played as good as they possibly could against the Patriots and Flacco COULD NOT get it done. Replace Flacco with Peyton and the ravens are in the BIG GAME. Torrey Smith, Bolden, Lee Evans and Ray Rice are more than enough weapons for a Super Bowl worthy QB like Peyton. Flacco is a good QB at times, and at other times hes subpar at best. He's never been GREAT or ELITE and likely never will be. Peyons WRs in Indy have been less talented than the ones Joe has been afforded and he still fails...
    Mrs. Manning, is that you?!?!?!!?

Lol
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Championship.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

"What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

wow... just wow.... I would like to say to the o/p I'm sorry that your team is in the hole by a lot of money and that Mike Wallace is leaving your team and you won't have a chance to win the Superbowl next year. Also I feel sorry that you feel the need to disguise yourself as a Ravens fan and your first post is something as ludicrous as this.

Have a good season next year Steeler Fan :)

Blog Entries

Yeah, let's replace Flacco with the QB that took six years to win his first playoff game and only won it, because they were in that dome of his.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Raven407 View Post
    Peyton Manning...

Better QBs than Flacco:

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Philip Rivers
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Eli Manning
    Tony Romo
    Ben Rothlesberger
    Mathew Stafford
    Matt Ryan
    Cam Newton
    Michael Vick
    Matt Schaub

and arguable Alex Smith and Sam Bradford!!!

hes not even a top 10 guy so lets be serious here.

A lot of these guys have even less experience than Joe Flacco so I cannot make any excuses for him at all, im sorry!!
    Ignoring the rest of the rant, let's just examine this last part and apply it to the credibility of the poster.

Out of the 15 QBs listed, only Cam Newton, Matthew Stafford (3 vs 4 years) and, since he's mentioned as a possibly better QB, Sam Bradford, have less experience than Joe. That does not seem to fit the definition of "a lot".
    Finding: Poster has no credibility.

Cool story