Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jason Brown

Blog Entries

Re: Jason Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Choose to beleive it if you want, but Jones said that they can't pay Gurode's salary to a backup.

Jones doesn't go cheap...if Gurode was really good, he would have still been a Cowboy...they weren't in danger of going over the cap with him there.
    The Cowboys had cap issues last year. They had to chose between Gurode or Newman and decided to go Gurode because Costa looked like he could play while they were thin at corner.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Cowboys had cap issues last year. They had to chose between Gurode or Newman and decided to go Gurode because Costa looked like he could play while they were thin at corner.
    They had issues at the start, but it wasn't a pure cut based on salary...they kept him throughout camp to give him an opportunity to show that he was good enough to keep and start over Costa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They had issues at the start, but it wasn't a pure cut based on salary...they kept him throughout camp to give him an opportunity to show that he was good enough to keep and start over Costa.
    I agree with that. They weren't sure which direction they wanted to go in. Gurode was out of shape and Newman looked very slow. If they had another CB I bet both would have been cut.

What's interesting is that after the season Jerry said he would like to get Gurode back but obviously he hasn't done it. Maybe because of the lost cap space?

Anyone have any word on J. Brown? Would love to hear he signed with us just os I can polk fun about an ex-ravens fan, let alone the upgrade at LG
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousD View Post
    Anyone have any word on J. Brown? Would love to hear he signed with us just os I can polk fun about an ex-ravens fan, let alone the upgrade at LG
    Supposedly 4 teams are interested. The Ravens already made him an offer but given our cap I'm sure it's the least money. Brown is probably waiting to see if he can top it knowing he has that offer in his back pocket in case he can't

Supposedly 4 teams are interested. The Ravens already made him an offer but given our cap I'm sure it's the least money. Brown is probably waiting to see if he can top it knowing he has that offer in his back pocket in case he can't
    Do you know how long a player can wait before making his decision? I know they can wait a long while, but meaninig how long the longest is if they want to take part in preseason and all.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

I'm sure some other team will pay him more, but that dude has made his money. He should come back here and try to play for a WINNER.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm sure some other team will pay him more, but that dude has made his money. He should come back here and try to play for a WINNER.
    Most players don't think that way. If Jason Brown did he would already be signed. Players only have so much time to make life changing money. That's why a Mario Williams who has never even been in the playoffs signs with the Bills.

Blog Entries

Most players don't think that way. If Jason Brown did he would already be signed. Players only have so much time to make life changing money. That's why a Mario Williams who has never even been in the playoffs signs with the Bills.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.