Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.



    And speaking of liberalism, socialism and communism,
    look where the term NEW DEAL came from.

    __________________________________________

    In his Presidential acceptance speech in 1932, Roosevelt promised "a new deal for the American people." The term was taken from a 1932 book by the same name, "A New Deal," written by Stuart Chase. That book rapidly disappeared from the shelves after Roosevelt's election. Its contents were the currency of White House economic policy discussion by Tugwell and other central planners around the new President

    Much of Chase's book was filled with fulsome praise for Stalin’s Russian model of central planning and its achievements, reflecting the fascination of numerous younger American intellectuals in the early 1930's.

    Which finally went bankrupt by the 1980s just as we are going now.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-18-2012 at 09:20 AM.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Yes, he has. From August of last year at that.



    Show me where he said that or where his budget would do that. Please, enlighten us.
    Now you've gone and done it. You brought facts to the discussion, a guaranteed way to get Galen to ignore the thread.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Yes, he has. From August of last year at that.


    Show me where he said that or where his budget would do that. Please, enlighten us.[/QUOTE]

    So what should Obama have done? Stopped both of the unpaid wars started by "W"? Should he have cut the Medicare "D" unpaid benefits? Should he have ended the tax cuts for the wealthy "Job Creators"? Obama's policies have contributed about 1.5-2 trillion to the debt.

    You really want to add the wars, Medicare "D" and tax cuts to the "Job Creators" to Obama's bill? This has been long refuted...then again, don't you still believe that Obama's 2nd birth certificate was photoshopped????








  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

    So what should Obama have done? Stopped both of the unpaid wars started by "W"? Should he have cut the Medicare "D" unpaid benefits? Should he have ended the tax cuts for the wealthy "Job Creators"? Obama's policies have contributed about 1.5-2 trillion to the debt.

    You really want to add the wars, Medicare "D" and tax cuts to the "Job Creators" to Obama's bill? This has been long refuted...then again, don't you still believe that Obama's 2nd birth certificate was photoshopped????





  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    [QUOTE
    Hey if you want to go buy gold at $1800 a ounce, by all means go buy. I don't see many financial
    people making that recommendation.[/QUOTE]


    Well Galen, maybe that's because it's high now and hasn't gone over $2,000. You buy low, not high. It's high now.

    Actually, my broker advised vs it when it was low. That was after my atty advised me to buy gold at a party at his house in 09 when it was $700. He said he had a lot of his money in it and it was doing nicely. So I mentioned it it to my broker and she said, no, keep it where it is so you get
    everything back that you lost. It will take 4-5 years for that. My fund still isn't back to where it was in 08 at $70. I got in at $38. I took her advice and stayed put.

    Since then gold went up to $1800 and I would have gotten back what I lost plus more, while my atty made millions off it. I fired her. You don't go in once it's on top. She cost me a lot of money to begin with and kept me from getting more so the experts don't always know Galen.

    You keep showing how little you know about money and economics. You should take a night school course.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-18-2012 at 09:39 PM.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Oh and Galen - the fact that price of gold more than doubled shows how

    much the dollar has weakened. Maybe not to you but it does to the rest of the world. An ounce gold is an ounce of gold and if gold is 100 and goes to 200 an ounce, all it means is the dollar has weakened..



    And here's some reasons why gold is still good to get. It's
    still the preferred currency around the world and everyone wants it and
    paper currency is heading to distruction. Just ask the Euro.

    Hey Galen - tell your wife to take all her gold jewelry to the mall to see
    what it's worth. One gal im the link got $1,000 for a neckless and ring.


    Some more reasons to buy gold:

    http://dailyreckoning.com/is-gold-still-a-buy/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2012 at 01:34 AM.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Speaking of scary debt, dig this.

    Ever wonder where all that TARP $$ went to? The banks you say? Part right.
    That $700B ballooned up to over $12T and don't forget, the FEd is private
    so the share holders like the Rockefellers, Rothchilds, Goldman Sacs get
    the interest the printing generates. There's nothing backing the funny
    money.

    Bloomberg followed the money
    trail but was stonewalled when the Fed Reserve refused to disclose. It's
    our money but the Fed is private so Bloomberg sued.

    They won in the lower court but it was appealed and looked who was
    is listed in the appeal document supporting the Fed. All the banks that got tarp $$.

    Keep in mind, printing money usually creates debt because it's not backed.
    We don't have $12T in gold to back it, just $261B in gold. Kennedy tried
    to kill the Fed Reserve with an executive order and then print new $2
    bills that would be backed by silver which would have somewhat relieved a depressed economy and he wanted to pull everyone out of
    Vietnam by end of 1965.

    Five months after signing the order to kill the Fed he was killed. Reagan
    was shot after he tried to keep a campaign promise of streamlining
    the gov't as he tried to streamline it. Someone even tried to shoot
    Andy Jackson after he killed the National Bank by letting it's charter
    expire in the 1835. Lawrence told doctors later his reasons for the shooting. He blamed Jackson for the loss of his job. He claimed that with the President dead, "money would be more plenty" (a reference to Jackson's struggle with the Bank of the United States) and that he "could not rise until the President fell."

    But here, the Fed REserve won't disclose their documents and it's our
    money.

    Scary stuff here and kudos to Bloomberg. Again, the two things that
    drive up debt is printing of money and wars.



    http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know...-bailout/3309/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-19-2012 at 10:31 PM.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    We have monetized our debt and decreased confidence in the dollar to the point that many countries no longer use it as their reserve currency for trading. There will be, and probably soon, a lynch pin event which will cause the dollar to start to fall and like a snowball going down hill the momentum will be hard to stop. Given the amount of dollars just created out of thin air under Greenspan and accelerated under Bernanke as we deficit spend and he finances it with magical new dollars, the fall will probably be steep and hard.

    The good news, you might be able to pay off your mortgage with your weekly paycheck!

    The bad news, no government, not one, that has ever had this happen has survived. Not one.

    So yes, Galen, this is a very dangerous game our politicians are playing with those running the Fed. And like the previous point, not once has it worked.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We have monetized our debt and decreased confidence in the dollar to the point that many countries no longer use it as their reserve currency for trading. There will be, and probably soon, a lynch pin event which will cause the dollar to start to fall and like a snowball going down hill the momentum will be hard to stop. Given the amount of dollars just created out of thin air under Greenspan and accelerated under Bernanke as we deficit spend and he finances it with magical new dollars, the fall will probably be steep and hard.

    The good news, you might be able to pay off your mortgage with your weekly paycheck!

    The bad news, no government, not one, that has ever had this happen has survived. Not one.

    So yes, Galen, this is a very dangerous game our politicians are playing with those running the Fed. And like the previous point, not once has it worked.
    Actually it has worked and worked without inflation. and you doomsday scenario makes its exciting for amygdala-based thinkers but really the scary deficit stuff is losing its steam. People are starting to catch on that deficits never seem to matter when Republicans are in office but suddenly everything must stop when a Democrat comes in to once again fix the mess the Republicans cause. Something about a 13000 DOW also makes me question the confidence factor.








  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Actually it has worked and worked without inflation. and you doomsday scenario makes its exciting for amygdala-based thinkers but really the scary deficit stuff is losing its steam. People are starting to catch on that deficits never seem to matter when Republicans are in office but suddenly everything must stop when a Democrat comes in to once again fix the mess the Republicans cause. Something about a 13000 DOW also makes me question the confidence factor.
    I have always contended that deficits matter. That liberal-lites that have been Republicans disagree means nothing more to me than you disagreeing. Keynes was wrong and so are these dunderheads.

    I posted in many of these forums my many disappointments with Bush, including his very reckless spending.

    We are not experiencing severe inflation now (which conveniently leaves out food and energy) because the dollar is still held as the world's reserve currency. When it is not we will experience inflation. We already are, the government is just fudging the numbers by not counting necessities like those mentioned because they are a problem.

    Why do you think so many investors are buying gold right now?

    Your opening sentence is not supported by one fact listed.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Your opening sentence is not supported by one fact listed.
    Inflation has remained steady throughout this whole recession. The only price inflation occuring is around oil and products affected by high oil prices such as food. This is obviously occuring because of the uncertainty around Iran not because of the national economy. To include those in standard inflation measures would be highly misleading and miss the point of why it is important to measure inflation.








  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Wrong facts by Galen again.

    He must have skipped the exact increases
    in food prices posted above and as both Greg and I pointed out above, oil and food prices are conveniently left out of the inflation equation.

    They come out of the consumer price
    index (CPI).

    That $382B in interest we pay out for the debt might have something to do with inflation also-lol.


    Galen was somewhat correct about unrest
    in Iran's part of the world but oil prices have
    been climbing long before that due to the
    supply and demand coming not only from
    us but the emerging economies of India
    and China where billions suddenly stopped riding bikes and bought cars.

    And all that from Galen's king in the
    White House.

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/white-...asoline-prices
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Inflation has remained steady throughout this whole recession. The only price inflation occuring is around oil and products affected by high oil prices such as food. This is obviously occuring because of the uncertainty around Iran not because of the national economy. To include those in standard inflation measures would be highly misleading and miss the point of why it is important to measure inflation.
    So gold has not gone up, or silver, or copper, or . . .

    To not include food and energy is misleading.

    Obama is purposely causing the price of energy to rise, he is forcing coal plants out of business, stopping us from exploring for oil in our country and stopping no brainers like the Keystone XL pipeline. It should be counted because it hits all of our wallets.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    So gold has not gone up, or silver, or copper, or . . .

    To not include food and energy is misleading.

    Obama is purposely causing the price of energy to rise, he is forcing coal plants out of business, stopping us from exploring for oil in our country and stopping no brainers like the Keystone XL pipeline. It should be counted because it hits all of our wallets.
    Gold has gone down in the last six months. Truly I think gold has hit unprecedented highs because of the mass marketing going on channels like Fox that are painting doomsday scenarios and that gold is the solution. Now that most indicators point to a recovering economy gold will star going down as it has for the last 6 month period.

    One can include gas prices in inflation because it does affect our wallets but one also has to recognize that gas prices going up aren't a result of Obama's economic policies nor his energy policies. Domestic drilling is at an all time high:

    U.S. net petroleum imports have fallen to about 47% of the nation's consumption, down from a record 60.3% in 2005, Energy Information Administration statistics show. It's been 15 years since the nation's reliance on foreign oil has been this low.

    Several factors figure into the import decline, but a big one is a little surprising: U.S. petroleum exploration is experiencing a quiet renaissance with the help of technology and new drilling techniques.

    The number of oil rigs in production in the U.S. has reached a 24-year high, according to oil field services company Baker Hughes. In 2005, domestic production was 1.89 billion barrels. This year, experts say, production is expected to surpass 2 billion barrels.


    http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...-boom-20111029

    The Keystone Pipeline has nothing to do it with and is only being used as a conservative leverage point against Obama. Even Transcanada admits their current pipelines are underutilized.








  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: 12 Scray facts about the US debt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    One can include gas prices in inflation because it does affect our wallets but one also has to recognize that gas prices going up aren't a result of Obama's economic policies nor his energy policies. Domestic drilling is at an all time high:
    .
    I was going to type a reply, but there is no need:

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...rofile_oneline

    Another suspect—one Mr. Obama doesn't like to mention—is U.S. monetary policy. Oil is traded in dollars, and its price therefore rises when the value of the dollar falls, all else being equal. The Federal Reserve throughout Mr. Obama's term has pursued the easiest monetary policy in modern times, expressly to revive the housing market. It has done so with the private support and urging of the White House and through Mr. Obama's appointees who are now a majority on the Fed's Board of Governors.
    Earlier in the thread you said this
    Also the government is NOT spending and borrowing at record amounts and what they are borrowing and spending will slow down as companies start spending money again. It is not having nearly the effect the conservative base would want you to believe
    Spending money we do not have, forcing us to borrow from the Fed has a huge affect.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland