Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: So sad that this is how his life has turned out

It always amazes me how many children I see out of car seats. Redskins Fury is right, everyone is safer with a 5 point harness. I'm frankly surprised they are not yet a requirement for all seats in an automobile.
    Lewis' story is sad, and I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, but at the same time you have to get it together for your remaining children.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

It would be nice if Ray, etc could try and reach out to him (if he hasn't already)

It's so sad to see someone go from this pg2_a_lewis_200.jpg

To
    "Defendant Lewis then pointed to a fire starter log in the front passenger seat of the vehicle."

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Sorry.. I figured a thread about a very memorable ex Raven and his problems, was supposed to go in the Ravens forum, and not the forum with people talking about about Whitney Houston and Obama...

I didn't know Jermaine Lewis was considered a political topic.

Last edited by Jess; 02-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Oof.

That sucks.

I think I may have to change my avatar, though. Enough is enough with these stories about that guy. In the Dark Ages, though, he was the Ravens scoring. If he didn't get in the end zone, we weren't winning.

Sad.

Now I need a new avatar.

*sigh*
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Wow there are at least three off topic Non Ravens topics in the Ravens forum and THIS gets moved? Lol
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Wow there are at least three off topic Non Ravens topics in the Ravens forum and THIS gets moved? Lol
    I was just coming back to post exactly that. The Mods are excellent but I think there may have been an error in judgment here.

/shrug

Maybe it was done prematurely, in the middle of the safety seat conversation.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Wrong. 4 years WITHOUT a license? With a kid, irresponsible. Period. There is always a choice.

Reproachable? Sorry, my parents went through the same. You do the right thing, not use it as a crutch.

Yeah, scoring a touchdown in a return is one of the rarest things a human can experience on the planet, how many have done it in a lifetime? 25? I'm tired of people wasting their opportunities in this life.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 02-18-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Blog Entries

:word

I don't feel one bit sorry for him. I do feel sorry for the kid though. What the fuck could you be thinking not to secure your own child?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

How terrible. I can't believe after losing a baby in 2000, he would not take the care the have this child in a car seat. What a shame.

I still get a little emotional every time I watch the 2000 highlights and he scores the KO return and points to the sky for his son. He did it in week 17 against the Jets and again in the Superbowl, and it chokes me up every time.