McLeish to meet Lerner; discuss mutual ineptitude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17045572

"Aston Villa boss Alex McLeish is heading to the United States to discuss ideas with NFL outfit Cleveland Browns ' head coach Pat Shurmur.
    Randy Lerner, who owns both clubs, thinks it will benefit Villa, who sit 15th in the Premier League.
    Chief executive Paul Faulkner said: "Alex felt this was an ideal opportunity to exchange ideas with his American counterparts."
    The Browns are bottom of the AFC North division with just fours wins from 16.
    Villa, meanwhile, have won just once in their last six Premier League games, a run that leaves them seven points above the relegation zone."

(I meant meeting Shurmur, not Lerner. Edit please?)

Isn't it nice that with the same owner, the same clubs under him get to relate to each with mutual... performance issues.

(Somehow I don't think Schiano will be meeting Alex Ferguson or Fisher meeting Wenger in the nearby future, however).

Re: McLeish to meet Lerner; discuss mutual ineptitude

FWIW, I understand Aston Villa is the favorite team of Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Re: McLeish to meet Lerner; discuss mutual ineptitude

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    FWIW, I understand Aston Villa is the favorite team of Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath.
    Yeah- Aston Villa are a Birmingham team, which is where Black Sabbath were formed.

Apparently David Cameron is a fan too (Of Villa, not Sabbath, presumably!). Not quite as cool as far as 'celebrity fans' go!