Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: O's Are (Quietly) For Sale

Apparently the team sent out an email denying the report.

Anyone have a copy?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Apparently the team sent out an email denying the report.

Anyone have a copy?
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Angelos
    Dear fan,
    It has come to my attention that certain people are circulating a rumor that I am exploring the possibility of selling the Baltimore Orioles.

That rumor is just not true. In my years of owning the Baltimore Orioles I have had tremendous satisfaction watching the organization grow into the proud franchise it is now. It is with great pleasure I look forward to our continued success as a franchise.

During the eighteen home games we have every year at Camden Yards we are proud to support the Baltimore economy by making sure the hotels and restaurants are crowded with people excited to come watch baseball. I can hear them cheering from my office, and it makes me proud.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

&c. &c.
    Is that the same one everyone else got?

edit: WARNING: WHAT YOU JUST READ IS NOT REAL. IT'S A JOKE, WHICH I AM NOT DELETING SO THE FOLLOWING POSTS MAKE SENSE.
    Last edited by festivus; 02-15-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: le sigh
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I do.

That's one of the most delusional things I've ever read.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.869122,-117.227809

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    That's one of the most delusional things I've ever read.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.869122,-117.227809
    Yeah, don't go attributing it to Peter Angelos, though. Or to me.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Is that seriously real. If it is it's insulting. Don't feed us crap about "watching the organization grow into the proud franchise it is now" and "I look forward to our continued success as a franchise."

There is no pride. There is no success. There is only failure and apathy on the part of the Orioles. Screw Angelos.

I do.

by 18 home gamesis he just counting the 9 games vs the Yankees and 9 vs Red Sox?

It was a joke, guys. A joke. Get it? 18 home games, filling hotels? Get it?

*sigh*

Festivus

Wait. You actually got that?

I'm stunned. That has to be some $5.00/hr lacky. No way that came from the boss. Or did it?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

It was a joke, guys. A joke. Get it? 18 home games, filling hotels? Get it?

*sigh*

Yea I saw the 18 but thought maybe it was a permuted 81 and just a typo. Hence why I caveated my response with "Is that seriously real. If it is..."

Yeah, I buried it a little deep. Sorry about that. I thought it was a pretty good painting of a detached, delusional owner interested in the appearance but not the act of caring. Maybe I hit that note too well... Heh.
    Festivus

I thought it was a pretty good painting of a detached, delusional owner interested in the appearance but not the act of caring. Maybe I hit that note too well... Heh.
    Indeed! ... *sigh*

Good one Festivus!

But I can actually believe something like that would come from his office. A little more legalese of course...

And I believe Cal and PAs meetings have been more about a role for Cal on the field/dugout, not in the warehouse.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Uh...
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    Top tier players don't want to play for the orioles. When you have the top first baseman choose the Yankees over his hometown team then something is wrong
    Well, I for one am happy we do not have Tex here. I've heard it said when he was a youngster, he attended the O's games sporting his NY hat and Jersey. Ah, but so what. My REAL objection is this: He is the ugliest sight in baseball. Watching him at the plate makes me want to throw up. Chugging around the bases? Does ANYTHING look more awkward and gawky? How does he possibly fit in this most graceful of all sports?

EB might wanna check his "sources".

The Orioles aren't fielding offers quietly.

I mean, every team is "for sale" for the right price. But Angelos isn't holding meetings with perspective buyers or anything of the sort.

And he'll never do that.

If he ever sells this team it will be when someone offers him something out of the blue that's enough to make him sell. The guy isn't getting into negotiations for the team.

Believe me, there isn't anything I'd like to see more than a new owner of the Orioles.

But there isn't anything to this.

PP

The os need a fresh start.
    I always wondered if Angelos would try to sell them but retain the TV deal as a separate entity. The current state of the os without the TV funds would be rather cash strapped I would imagine.

In a fresh start i mean a sale to someone like Steve B....Perhaps the Caps owner could sell the Wizards and buy the Os. He seems to be a good owner.

I have 2 kids age 19 and 16 and neither one seems to be into baseball at all. They love football and the Ravens but think baseball is boring. My opinion is they have never lived thru a pennant race where every game is important. The Os robbed my kids of this experience. Whether they realize it or not, they are losing an entire generation of potential fans because they dont try to win and for that I feel disgust.

Need I go on?