Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    DeputyDawg Guest

Is it becoming obvious to you yet, what Oz is doing ????

Letting some good players walk,
    To compile as much cap room as possible, for something big !
    Any guesses who it is ????

Re: Is it becoming obvious to you yet, what Oz is doing ????

Ricky Proehl
    90% of the game is half mental

Nnamdi...Manning?

Thread fail potentially.

They don't have a lot of Cap space to start with.

They obviously want to use it on upgrading the OL - Mathis or Winston - and use it to re-sign those of their own that they feel are "priorities" - Birk, Flacco, Rice, Webb and McClain.

Other than Winston being considered "big" or a blockbuster for Flacco, Rice or Webb, I wouldn't expect anything else.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

The ghost of Johnny Unitas?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zmuact
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

No wait I got it. Peppers, Nnamdi, Manning, and a trade for Joe Thomas!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cnnwop
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Extensions for Rice, Flacco, and/or Webb. Perhaps moderate signing(s) at LG and LB. Nothing overwhelming or surprising.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

They obviously want to use it on upgrading the OL - Mathis or Winston - and use it to re-sign those of their own that they feel are "priorities" - Birk, Flacco, Rice, Webb and McClain.

Other than Winston being considered "big" or a blockbuster for Flacco, Rice or Webb, I wouldn't expect anything else.
    ditto. its no secret, they talked about it at the "state of the ravens presser". Upgrades at WR and OL. everything else will be filler at best.
    -JAB

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

I certainly don't pretend to understand the cap and all it's variables, but it seems to me that Oz is working a plan that will make us 1 play better than last yr, and when you look at it, why would he let so many seemingly important players walk without even making a play for them ?...I don't know how big, but I think like Leach, Ricky surprise or better.
    It's absolutely a reasoning in it all, Oz is well aware of all the needs and how to fill them....
    Players that will be released yet still that even the media don't know about yet...
    Would you think a Wallace deal, or Freeney or lets really dream, Wimbley would be considered big ????

I also think that he intends to wind up with a net 4 or 5 compensatory picks in next years draft. That way they can let Oher and McKinnie walk and maybe a couple of others walk

Blog Entries

We're not "stockpiling cap space"...When our cap number was figured out this year, it did NOT include ANY of these free agents.

We have a moderate amount of space this year, enough to get a couple good FAs and sign draft picks. If we wanted to make a blockbuster move, for this year, we'd have to probably work out a deal with Rice or cut more players.

In future years, we have to start looking at long term deals for Flacco, Rice, Dickson/Pitta, Oher, Cody?, Kruger?, Webb, Cary Williams?. Not to mention we're going to need to fill spots like LT, C, ILB, S...and those fill-ins may not end up cheap, depending on who we get.

Don't hold your breath for a blockbuster move. Those kind of moves, you make if your team is just average and you want to move to a whole new level. At our level, you look for role players to fill spots around your core guys.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!