Page 1 of 22 123 ... LastLast

Peyton Prediction Thread

I didn't see any existing threads, so please excuse me if I missed one or if this has already been :DeadHorse:

I thought it'd be interesting to start a prediction thread on where everyone thinks Peyton Manning ends up playing next season. Pick any option you like, Colts, another team, retired, etc.

I'll go with the Arizona Cardinals. They caught lightning in a bottle once before with Warner, and they've got a decent enough team to be a force with a healthy Peyton Manning under center (esp in the NFC West). From Manning's point of view, the o-line is decent, they play indoors, and they've got Fitz and a well regarded HC in Ken Whisenhunt. I think that makes them a more attractive option to Manning than the Dolphins or Redskins, two other teams rumored to be in on him.

What say you?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Re: Peyton Prediction Thread

I agree, I gotta say Arizona as well.

Blog Entries

Cardinals are a very solid choice. They make the most sense out of any team in the NFL. However, I still think the Jets are going to find a way to make it happen. It's a long shot compared with the Cards or the Dolphins but I still think it's going to happen.

I'm gonna go with a bit of a wild pick and say Minnesota. Vikes have a history of grabbing over the hill QBs. They have a defense better suited to playing with a lead and a workhorse back who can close out games. Give Manning a two year deal and let Ponder learn from him.

Unlikely, but I didn't want to repeat what everyone else said.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.497654,-76.656042
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

As for what place I think would be suitable for Manning, it might be Arizona, and I could certainly see Reggie Wayne following him there. As for where he may actually go, I expect Peyton Manning to retire.

ActualSpamBot brings up a notable idea. It might take two years before Manning really feels a resemblance of himself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I could see Peyton landing in either San Francisco or Denver as well. Both of those teams have good defenses and running games. All they need is a real QB to be able to be Super Bowl contenders.

Nobody.

There are reports out there he can't turn his head left. He is basically going to have to do a personal combine and then meet with each of teams doctors before he even sniffs an offer.

Even the Redskins aren't dumb enough to sign a 36 year old banged up QB who is one hit away from adult diapers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There are reports out there he can't turn his head left.
    What!? Seriously...?

Where did you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What!? Seriously...?

Where did you see this?
    Mike Lombardi yesterday.

Jason LaConforna on The Junkies on Friday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Mike Lombardi yesterday.

Jason LaConforna on The Junkies on Friday.
    Man. That is crazy.

Hope it's not true, all I've been hearing is he was waiting for the nerve to regenerate. Even that he has been throwing.

I'm going with:
    90% Retirement.
    10% AZ cards.

Nothing in here about not being able to turn his head to the left, but still some good info that definitely casts some doubt on if he can play again.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sct=nfl_t11_a1
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...