Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    D'Qwell Jackson, Browns MLB, I can only dream about getting him.
    Jackson and Ray Lewis are very close. Maybe Ray can convince him to come to the dark side.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Re: Free Agent Tracker

Kirk Morrison is the man. Would be a great stop gap for a few years until we find our next star backer. Definitely wouldn't mind him playing next to ray for next season though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Which Rice are you talking about? Because if you're talking about Ray Rice, what injuries has he had? Has even missed any pro games?
    Yeah Sidney Rice, haha sorry for the vagueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    maybe he is but imo he catches the crucial ball and steps up in big games when he needs too. which is a plus but like every player there are negatives.
    I'm just passing along word from a guy who has watched every single Giants game.

He STILL is not a fan of Manningham...he was thrilled when he got hurt and Cruz took his spot.

I think he has a lot of talent, but I'm not big on a guy who will be running wrong routes and causing INT's.

Blog Entries

My preferences/choices at WR:

Steve Smith - a long time favorite. I thought he was the best overall WR in college when he came out.

Eddie Royal - could be undervalued after doing time in Orton/Tebow Hell, so a potential good value. Is a good playmaker, strong, fast and a good returner. Would be an upgrade at return-man, and be a good 3rd (and even second) option, to where we could play him outside and move Boldin into the slot for matchup purposes. That would look very nice IMHO.

Cotchery - liked what I saw of him this year. Had sticky hands when I saw him anyway. Smart now, a vet. At 6' 1" he seems to play a little bigger than he is, and may satisfy the need for a "bigger" WR. IMHO that's not important, what's important is getting open and catching the damn ball. Being 2 inches taller than a DB, but not actually open, is of little value. That said, Jerricho knows how to actually get open, so I think he could be a good addition.

Josh Morgan - good hands, very strong and does OK after the catch. Moves the chains as a good possession receiver. Could do a job as another Mason type if that's what we want. 49ers will probably want to keep him though. Hard to say.

Domnik Hixon? I always liked him but have no idea what he has left after a couple of bad injuries. He's a great return man and is actually 6'2" and makes some sick circus catches (when healthy). Great concentration and hands, though I don't know if that's consistent or just highlight. Still, I'm not seeing much written about him and he's not listed anywhere close to the top FA WR's out there. Maybe gettable for the right incentive-laden deal.

Blog Entries

My preferences/choices at WR:

Steve Smith - a long time favorite. I thought he was the best overall WR in college when he came out. Could be the right guy at the right time. That's true of several teams though. Not sure we can afford the $$.

Eddie Royal - could be undervalued after doing time in Orton/Tebow Hell, so a potential good value. Is a good playmaker, strong, fast and a good returner. Would be an upgrade at return-man, and be a good 3rd (and even second) option, to where we could play him outside and move Boldin into the slot for matchup purposes. That would look very nice IMHO.

Cotchery - liked what I saw of him this year. Had sticky hands when I saw him anyway. Smart now, a vet. At 6' 1" he seems to play a little bigger than he is, and may satisfy the need for a "bigger" WR. IMHO that's not important, what's important is getting open and catching the damn ball. Being 2 inches taller than a DB, but not actually open, is of little value. That said, Jerricho knows how to actually get open, so I think he could be a good addition.

Josh Morgan - good hands, very strong and does OK after the catch. Moves the chains as a good possession receiver. Could do a job as another Mason type if that's what we want. 49ers will probably want to keep him though. Hard to say.

Domnik Hixon? I always liked him but have no idea what he has left after a couple of bad injuries. He's a great return man and is actually 6'2" and makes some sick circus catches (when healthy). Great concentration and hands, though I don't know if that's consistent or just highlight. Still, I'm not seeing much written about him and he's not listed anywhere close to the top FA WR's out there. Maybe gettable for the right incentive-laden deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Eddie Royal is a possibility, imo. He's a dependable receiver who can motor some. We don't need a superstar. We need consistent route running with some speed and good hands.

Plus, he's not exactly an old guy. He's 26.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm just passing along word from a guy who has watched every single Giants game.

He STILL is not a fan of Manningham...he was thrilled when he got hurt and Cruz took his spot.

I think he has a lot of talent, but I'm not big on a guy who will be running wrong routes and causing INT's.
    All the Giants fans in my office feel the same way.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Any interest in David Hawthorne for MLB? He really showed up in coverage this year with 3 picks. He's the reason why the Seahawks dumped Aaron Curry. The Seahawks really want him back but playing next to Ray is a nice draw for any player.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Any interest in David Hawthorne for MLB? He really showed up in coverage this year with 3 picks. He's the reason why the Seahawks dumped Aaron Curry. The Seahawks really want him back but playing next to Ray is a nice draw for any player.
    I would definitely have interest in Hawthorne. I just can't see the Seahawks not re-signing him, you know?
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Eddie Royal is a possibility, imo. He's a dependable receiver who can motor some. We don't need a superstar. We need consistent route running with some speed and good hands.

Plus, he's not exactly an old guy. He's 26.

Plus, Eddie Royal is a slot receiver and can return punts. I think he is exactly what the Ravens need.

I like steve smith (phi). We have so much young talent at wr, albeit unproven talent, that i cant really see bringing in another younger player though. I think thats why we go FA for a wr over drafting one. Plax would be my ideal player that we need (redzone threat) but at 35 wed have to be sure he has something left to give. Smith was a good player, but 2 things. 1, is he healthy now? 2, with the rise of Victor Cruz at his same position, was his stats more system based. I still think hes a good route runner with hands, but will Cam utilize him properly if we would get him? probably not. Meachum would match Cam better, but i think the market will be higher on him than we think.

I dont think we go with a QB. back up RB would be nice to have a snelling or grant. Grant would excel in a back up roll but may be trying to get one last pay day before the big 3-0.

I love pope as a TE. hes a great blocking TE. with that size, hed be able to really help in the redzone by letting one of the other TEs slide to the slot (dickson), in which case a redzone WR would be less high of a priority.

I believe Satele is a decent option. Highly regarded prospect, hes did a good job on a really bad team and paved the way for a great OAK run game. If the price is right, id be happy with him. Also hes played G in the pros, which would give us flexibility. And with C and possibly G taken care, would allow us great options at 29.

If we get a "pass rusher" itll be through the draft. Its a premium position and Rookies are cheaper, faster, hungrier. just makes business sense.

I like Dan Connor at LB. I think hes a little undervalued. could be a good steal, but with his age, im sure other teams will be interested. If the price is right though, we could still have room for another MLB in the draft.

I think safety will be something we address in the mid to later rounds with a Dawan Landry type pick, or if we cant, a scrap heap type signing right before the season that OZzie is known for.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I wouldnt mind signing manningham if the price is right I dont think he is going back to NY to be honest
    Manningham was 3rd on the depth chart behind Nicks and Cruz. He'll probably be third on the depth chart behind Boldin and Smith if we were to sign him. In spite of his clutch performance in the Superbowl I don't see him as an upgrade in our offense.

Plaxico Burress will be a free agent as well and there are reports out there that he's interested in signing with the Eagles. I personally have no interest in signing a 34 receiver well past his prime. I don't want karma to repeat itself and witness once again a 30+ year old receiver we picked up as a free agent and see him a drop a pass in a crucial moment during a big game.

V Jax expected to hit open market

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-open-market/

Wes Welker may get franchise tagged

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-wes-welker/