Page 12 of 193 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 2887
  1. #166

    Re: Free Agent Tracker



    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Looks like a new name is getting added to the receiver pool...

    Randy Moss anyone?

    Dude turns 35 today.

    Not sure how fast he still is, but certainly a redzone threat at minmum with that height, hands and leaping ability.
    Id put him in the Plaxico debate, but at this point Plax should be higher. I wouldnt be opposed to them looking at him. he probably will want signed without a workout though and i dont see that happening with a year off. If he has something left hes a perfect fit.
    -JAB




  2. #167

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Jared Allen is set to be a free agent in 2014 so maybe I'm a year early but it's plausible. He'll likely walk so it would be smart to get something for him. Like I said though, I'm probably one year too early in my thinking.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Can't agree with you there. Adrian Peterson is SPECIAL. Jared Allen is good but he can be stopped with a good LT. AP requires an entire defense. Just ask Ray Lewis and the guys on defense. Theyre both ALL-PRO so its being picky either way.
    I'm sorry but no, Jarred Allen notched 22 sacks this year and was very close to being defensive player of the year. Allen isn't on a talented defense and on a losing team but still plays like that. Sure Peterson is a special back, but running backs are a dime a dozen, would much rather have a pro bowl RB like Lynch who would come at a much cheaper price.




  4. #169

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Personally I'm holding out for that surprise cut that no one sees coming. It happens every year. Maybe that guy might be a good young MLB or WR.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    lol @ Jim Mora: “The bottom line is this: The last time the Falcons won a playoff game, I was the head coach,”

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ipe-at-falcons
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #171

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm sorry but no, Jarred Allen notched 22 sacks this year and was very close to being defensive player of the year. Allen isn't on a talented defense and on a losing team but still plays like that. Sure Peterson is a special back, but running backs are a dime a dozen, would much rather have a pro bowl RB like Lynch who would come at a much cheaper price.
    Kevin Williams is a pretty good DT bro. Don't think he has nothing to do with that? Atleast a little. The Vikings have no WRs and the guy still gets close to 1500 yards every year. Every one looks as sacks but no one realizes how many times the DE gets out of position chasing those sacks. Lynch is good but no where near AP. I have a feeling you wouldn't feel the same way if they both played for the Ravens.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  7. #172
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Can't agree with you there. Adrian Peterson is SPECIAL. Jared Allen is good but he can be stopped with a good LT. AP requires an entire defense. Just ask Ray Lewis and the guys on defense. Theyre both ALL-PRO so its being picky either way.
    Here is the deal man, AP is 230lbs and 6'2". RB's like that run hard and take A LOT of hits to their knees and hips. Eventually, they wear out and more often than not backs like that wear out sooner rather than later. Remember Eddie George? He was very similar in height and running style to AP. Many were touting him as one of the greatest power backs since Earl Campbell and they were right, but the last 4 years of his career he averaged just 3.2 ypc after averaging 4 his first 5 seasons.

    I'm just saying that AP will be 27 this year and in 2 maybe 3 years he'll probably start to rapidly decline. He's a hell of a back, but it's just extremely hard for bigger RB's with his running style to sustain that kind if production over a long career. I bet he ends up out of football by the time he's 32 or 33 years old.

    Jared Allen is 29 years old and as a DE his position carries significantly more value than AP's does and it's probable that he'll be able to sustain a high level of play into his mid 30's giving him a longer production than what AP would have.

    That's why, IMO, Jared Allen is the better player.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #173

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    lol @ Jim Mora: “The bottom line is this: The last time the Falcons won a playoff game, I was the head coach,”

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ipe-at-falcons
    Gotta do what you can to get those recruits lol
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  9. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    lol @ Jim Mora: “The bottom line is this: The last time the Falcons won a playoff game, I was the head coach,”

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ipe-at-falcons
    Yea, I saw that.

    Pretty funny. And true.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Kevin Williams is a pretty good DT bro. Don't think he has nothing to do with that? Atleast a little. The Vikings have no WRs and the guy still gets close to 1500 yards every year. Every one looks as sacks but no one realizes how many times the DE gets out of position chasing those sacks. Lynch is good but no where near AP. I have a feeling you wouldn't feel the same way if they both played for the Ravens.
    Actually, AP hasn't come close to 1500 yards in 2 seasons (1298 last year and 908 this year). He's also missed 14 games in 5 seasons, including 4 this past season.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #176

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually, AP hasn't come close to 1500 yards in 2 seasons (1298 last year and 908 this year). He's also missed 14 games in 5 seasons, including 4 this past season.
    And he just blew his knee out. Like all the way out.




  12. #177

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is the deal man, AP is 230lbs and 6'2". RB's like that run hard and take A LOT of hits to their knees and hips. Eventually, they wear out and more often than not backs like that wear out sooner rather than later. Remember Eddie George? He was very similar in height and running style to AP. Many were touting him as one of the greatest power backs since Earl Campbell and they were right, but the last 4 years of his career he averaged just 3.2 ypc after averaging 4 his first 5 seasons.

    I'm just saying that AP will be 27 this year and in 2 maybe 3 years he'll probably start to rapidly decline. He's a hell of a back, but it's just extremely hard for bigger RB's with his running style to sustain that kind if production over a long career. I bet he ends up out of football by the time he's 32 or 33 years old.

    Jared Allen is 29 years old and as a DE his position carries significantly more value than AP's does and it's probable that he'll be able to sustain a high level of play into his mid 30's giving him a longer production than what AP would have.

    That's why, IMO, Jared Allen is the better player.
    I get your point but if AP can give me 3 more years I would be happy. 10 years of high productivity from a running back is all you can really expect. Currently though, I would take AP. If I was Baltimore I would take AP. If I was Houston I would take Allen. Catch my drift? I'm not looking farther than 3 years into the future.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Cortland Finnegan could have an interesting choice to make. Does he go to St. Louis with his former head coach or does he go to Detroit with his former defensive coordinator?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  14. #179

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    And he just blew his knee out. Like all the way out.
    Just bad luck dude, could happen to anyone. Remember the Brady injury? Maybe I'm alone here but I know what a great runningback can do for a team. I watched Jamal Lewis single handedly carry our offense for years.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  15. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Free Agent Tracker

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    I get your point but if AP can give me 3 more years I would be happy. 10 years of high productivity from a running back is all you can really expect. Currently though, I would take AP. If I was Baltimore I would take AP. If I was Houston I would take Allen. Catch my drift? I'm not looking farther than 3 years into the future.
    Just from a durability stance alone I take Jared Allen over AP any day of the week. Allen has missed 3 games in 7 seasons (not including his rookie year). In the past 4 seasons he hasn't missed any games.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland