Page 2 of 241 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent Tracker

Here is Walter Football's free agent rankings...I'll toss some of the realistic guys up here...

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php

Back up QB possibilities (if they want to carry 3)
    Shaun Hill, 32 yrs old (6'2" 225lbs)
    Luke McCown, 31 yrs old (6'4" 215lbs)

RB possibilities
    Mike Tolbert, 26 yrs old (5'10" 245lbs)
    Kevin Smith, 25 yrs old (6' 220lbs)
    Jason Snelling, 28 yrs old (5'11" 240lbs)
    Ryan Grant, 29 yrs old (6' 215lbs)

WR possibilities
    Laurent Robinson, 27 yrs old (6'2" 200lbs)
    Robert Meachem, 27 yrs old (6'2" 215lbs)
    Josh Morgan, 27 yrs old (6' 215lbs)
    Eddie Royal, 26 yrs old (5'10" 185lbs)
    Plax Burress, 35 yrs old (6'5" 230lbs)
    Jericho Cotchery, 30 yrs old (6' 210lbs)
    Early Doucet, 26 yrs old (6' 210lbs)
    Steve Smith, 27 yrs old (5'11" 195lbs)

TE possibilities
    John Carlson, 28 yrs old (6'5" 255lbs)
    Leonard Pope, 28 yrs old (6'8" 275lbs)

OT possibilities
    None

OG possibilities
    Evan Mathis, 30 yrs old (6'5" 305lbs)
    Mike Brisiel, 29 yrs old (6'5" 300lbs)
    Jeremy Zuttah, 26 yrs old (6'4" 308lbs)
    Kasey Studdard, 27 yrs old (6'3" 305lbs)

OC possibilities
    Chris Myers, 30 yrs old (6'3" 299lbs)
    Samson Satele, 27 yrs old (6'3" 300lbs)
    Dan Connolly, 28 yrs old (6'4" 312lbs)

Pass Rusher possibilities
    Robert Mathis, 31 yrs old (6'2" 245lbs)
    Trevor Scott, 28 yrs old (6'5" 255lbs)
    David Ball, 31 yrs old (6'6" 280lbs)
    Ahmad Brooks, 27 yrs old (6'3" 260lbs)

MLB possibilities
    Dan Connor, 26 yrs old (6'2" 235lbs)
    Chase Blackburn, 29 yrs old (6'3" 258lbs)
    Barrett Ruud, 29 yrs old (6'2" 245lbs)
    Kirk Morrison, 30 yrs old (6'2" 240lbs)

Safety possibilities
    Thomas DeCoud, 26 yrs old (6'2" 195lbs)
    James Sanders, 28 yrs old (5'10" 210lbs)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is Walter Football's free agent rankings...I'll toss some of the realistic guys up here...

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents.php
    (5'10" 210lbs)
    Mario Williams, DE, Texans. Age: 27.
    One of the top pass-rushers in the NFL will be allowed to hit the market because the Texans have other great rush linebackers. I'm not big on building through free agency, but teams should be selling their souls to get Williams on their roster.
    Jared Gaither, OT, Chargers. Age: 26.
    Jared Gaither was amazing down the stretch in relief of Marcus McNeill. If Gaither is completely over his back issues - a big if - then he'll be one of the best tackles in football going forward. Having said that, he'll be a risky signing for any team because his back could flare up without warning.
    D'Qwell Jackson, ILB, Browns. Age: 28.
    D'Qwell Jackson is really good if he's healthy. He played in just six total games in 2009 and 2010, but he dominated in 2011 because he was finally able to stay on the field.
    Calais Campbell, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 26.
    You could argue that aside from Justin Smith, Calais Campbell is the best 3-4 defensive end in all of football. Campbell has no weaknesses; he's a ferocious pass-rusher, he blocks kicks, and he can even drop into coverage pretty well. And he'll be 25 until Sept. 1.
    few of the less realistic, but much more fantastic options from that list.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    maybe he is but imo he catches the crucial ball and steps up in big games when he needs too. which is a plus but like every player there are negatives.
    You might wanna watch some Giant's games this year.

He made the biggest catch they needed him to, but he dropped SEVERAL others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    D'Qwell Jackson, Browns MLB, I can only dream about getting him.
    Jackson and Ray Lewis are very close. Maybe Ray can convince him to come to the dark side.

Kirk Morrison is the man. Would be a great stop gap for a few years until we find our next star backer. Definitely wouldn't mind him playing next to ray for next season though.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Which Rice are you talking about? Because if you're talking about Ray Rice, what injuries has he had? Has even missed any pro games?
    Yeah Sidney Rice, haha sorry for the vagueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    maybe he is but imo he catches the crucial ball and steps up in big games when he needs too. which is a plus but like every player there are negatives.
    I'm just passing along word from a guy who has watched every single Giants game.

He STILL is not a fan of Manningham...he was thrilled when he got hurt and Cruz took his spot.

I think he has a lot of talent, but I'm not big on a guy who will be running wrong routes and causing INT's.

Blog Entries

My preferences/choices at WR:

Steve Smith - a long time favorite. I thought he was the best overall WR in college when he came out.

Eddie Royal - could be undervalued after doing time in Orton/Tebow Hell, so a potential good value. Is a good playmaker, strong, fast and a good returner. Would be an upgrade at return-man, and be a good 3rd (and even second) option, to where we could play him outside and move Boldin into the slot for matchup purposes. That would look very nice IMHO.

Cotchery - liked what I saw of him this year. Had sticky hands when I saw him anyway. Smart now, a vet. At 6' 1" he seems to play a little bigger than he is, and may satisfy the need for a "bigger" WR. IMHO that's not important, what's important is getting open and catching the damn ball. Being 2 inches taller than a DB, but not actually open, is of little value. That said, Jerricho knows how to actually get open, so I think he could be a good addition.

Josh Morgan - good hands, very strong and does OK after the catch. Moves the chains as a good possession receiver. Could do a job as another Mason type if that's what we want. 49ers will probably want to keep him though. Hard to say.

Domnik Hixon? I always liked him but have no idea what he has left after a couple of bad injuries. He's a great return man and is actually 6'2" and makes some sick circus catches (when healthy). Great concentration and hands, though I don't know if that's consistent or just highlight. Still, I'm not seeing much written about him and he's not listed anywhere close to the top FA WR's out there. Maybe gettable for the right incentive-laden deal.

Blog Entries

My preferences/choices at WR:

Steve Smith - a long time favorite. I thought he was the best overall WR in college when he came out. Could be the right guy at the right time. That's true of several teams though. Not sure we can afford the $$.

Eddie Royal - could be undervalued after doing time in Orton/Tebow Hell, so a potential good value. Is a good playmaker, strong, fast and a good returner. Would be an upgrade at return-man, and be a good 3rd (and even second) option, to where we could play him outside and move Boldin into the slot for matchup purposes. That would look very nice IMHO.

Cotchery - liked what I saw of him this year. Had sticky hands when I saw him anyway. Smart now, a vet. At 6' 1" he seems to play a little bigger than he is, and may satisfy the need for a "bigger" WR. IMHO that's not important, what's important is getting open and catching the damn ball. Being 2 inches taller than a DB, but not actually open, is of little value. That said, Jerricho knows how to actually get open, so I think he could be a good addition.

Josh Morgan - good hands, very strong and does OK after the catch. Moves the chains as a good possession receiver. Could do a job as another Mason type if that's what we want. 49ers will probably want to keep him though. Hard to say.

Domnik Hixon? I always liked him but have no idea what he has left after a couple of bad injuries. He's a great return man and is actually 6'2" and makes some sick circus catches (when healthy). Great concentration and hands, though I don't know if that's consistent or just highlight. Still, I'm not seeing much written about him and he's not listed anywhere close to the top FA WR's out there. Maybe gettable for the right incentive-laden deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Eddie Royal is a possibility, imo. He's a dependable receiver who can motor some. We don't need a superstar. We need consistent route running with some speed and good hands.

Plus, he's not exactly an old guy. He's 26.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm just passing along word from a guy who has watched every single Giants game.

He STILL is not a fan of Manningham...he was thrilled when he got hurt and Cruz took his spot.

I think he has a lot of talent, but I'm not big on a guy who will be running wrong routes and causing INT's.
    All the Giants fans in my office feel the same way.

Blog Entries

Any interest in David Hawthorne for MLB? He really showed up in coverage this year with 3 picks. He's the reason why the Seahawks dumped Aaron Curry. The Seahawks really want him back but playing next to Ray is a nice draw for any player.