Page 15 of 241 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Free Agent Tracker

Personally I'm holding out for that surprise cut that no one sees coming. It happens every year. Maybe that guy might be a good young MLB or WR.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

lol @ Jim Mora: “The bottom line is this: The last time the Falcons won a playoff game, I was the head coach,”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ipe-at-falcons
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm sorry but no, Jarred Allen notched 22 sacks this year and was very close to being defensive player of the year. Allen isn't on a talented defense and on a losing team but still plays like that. Sure Peterson is a special back, but running backs are a dime a dozen, would much rather have a pro bowl RB like Lynch who would come at a much cheaper price.
    Kevin Williams is a pretty good DT bro. Don't think he has nothing to do with that? Atleast a little. The Vikings have no WRs and the guy still gets close to 1500 yards every year. Every one looks as sacks but no one realizes how many times the DE gets out of position chasing those sacks. Lynch is good but no where near AP. I have a feeling you wouldn't feel the same way if they both played for the Ravens.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Can't agree with you there. Adrian Peterson is SPECIAL. Jared Allen is good but he can be stopped with a good LT. AP requires an entire defense. Just ask Ray Lewis and the guys on defense. Theyre both ALL-PRO so its being picky either way.
    Here is the deal man, AP is 230lbs and 6'2". RB's like that run hard and take A LOT of hits to their knees and hips. Eventually, they wear out and more often than not backs like that wear out sooner rather than later. Remember Eddie George? He was very similar in height and running style to AP. Many were touting him as one of the greatest power backs since Earl Campbell and they were right, but the last 4 years of his career he averaged just 3.2 ypc after averaging 4 his first 5 seasons.

I'm just saying that AP will be 27 this year and in 2 maybe 3 years he'll probably start to rapidly decline. He's a hell of a back, but it's just extremely hard for bigger RB's with his running style to sustain that kind if production over a long career. I bet he ends up out of football by the time he's 32 or 33 years old.

Jared Allen is 29 years old and as a DE his position carries significantly more value than AP's does and it's probable that he'll be able to sustain a high level of play into his mid 30's giving him a longer production than what AP would have.

That's why, IMO, Jared Allen is the better player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    lol @ Jim Mora: “The bottom line is this: The last time the Falcons won a playoff game, I was the head coach,”

Gotta do what you can to get those recruits lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Yea, I saw that.

Pretty funny. And true.

Blog Entries

Kevin Williams is a pretty good DT bro. Don't think he has nothing to do with that? Atleast a little. The Vikings have no WRs and the guy still gets close to 1500 yards every year. Every one looks as sacks but no one realizes how many times the DE gets out of position chasing those sacks. Lynch is good but no where near AP. I have a feeling you wouldn't feel the same way if they both played for the Ravens.
    Actually, AP hasn't come close to 1500 yards in 2 seasons (1298 last year and 908 this year). He's also missed 14 games in 5 seasons, including 4 this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Actually, AP hasn't come close to 1500 yards in 2 seasons (1298 last year and 908 this year). He's also missed 14 games in 5 seasons, including 4 this past season.
    And he just blew his knee out. Like all the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Here is the deal man, AP is 230lbs and 6'2". RB's like that run hard and take A LOT of hits to their knees and hips. Eventually, they wear out and more often than not backs like that wear out sooner rather than later. Remember Eddie George? He was very similar in height and running style to AP. Many were touting him as one of the greatest power backs since Earl Campbell and they were right, but the last 4 years of his career he averaged just 3.2 ypc after averaging 4 his first 5 seasons.

I'm just saying that AP will be 27 this year and in 2 maybe 3 years he'll probably start to rapidly decline. He's a hell of a back, but it's just extremely hard for bigger RB's with his running style to sustain that kind if production over a long career. I bet he ends up out of football by the time he's 32 or 33 years old.

Jared Allen is 29 years old and as a DE his position carries significantly more value than AP's does and it's probable that he'll be able to sustain a high level of play into his mid 30's giving him a longer production than what AP would have.

That's why, IMO, Jared Allen is the better player.
    I get your point but if AP can give me 3 more years I would be happy. 10 years of high productivity from a running back is all you can really expect. Currently though, I would take AP. If I was Baltimore I would take AP. If I was Houston I would take Allen. Catch my drift? I'm not looking farther than 3 years into the future.

Blog Entries

Cortland Finnegan could have an interesting choice to make. Does he go to St. Louis with his former head coach or does he go to Detroit with his former defensive coordinator?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    And he just blew his knee out. Like all the way out.
    Just bad luck dude, could happen to anyone. Remember the Brady injury? Maybe I'm alone here but I know what a great runningback can do for a team. I watched Jamal Lewis single handedly carry our offense for years.

Blog Entries

I get your point but if AP can give me 3 more years I would be happy. 10 years of high productivity from a running back is all you can really expect. Currently though, I would take AP. If I was Baltimore I would take AP. If I was Houston I would take Allen. Catch my drift? I'm not looking farther than 3 years into the future.
    Just from a durability stance alone I take Jared Allen over AP any day of the week. Allen has missed 3 games in 7 seasons (not including his rookie year). In the past 4 seasons he hasn't missed any games.