Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Maybe it's because I am in the NY area and am surrounded by Giants fans. Maybe it's because of the way the Ravens choked last week. Maybe it's because my brother who is a life long Pats fan is now excited about the 7th time his team has been to a Super Bowl. Maybe it's all these things that together are completely bumming me out this week.

Didn't think I'd feel worse than last year but I do. I'm hoping to get into the Super Bowl on Sunday since it is the last meaningful NFL game we'll see until September but honestly I don't know. This is such a bummer

Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Maybe it's because I am in the NY area and am surrounded by Giants fans. Maybe it's because of the way the Ravens choked last week. Maybe it's because my brother who is a life long Pats fan is now excited about the 7th time his team has been to a Super Bowl. Maybe it's all these things that together are completely bumming me out this week.

Didn't think I'd feel worse than last year but I do. I'm hoping to get into the Super Bowl on Sunday since it is the last meaningful NFL game we'll see until September but honestly I don't know. This is such a bummer
    I feel the same pain, bro! What bothers me the most is the way the Ravens 'choked' again this year in a clutch situation. Last year, it was the same thing against Pissburgh, and now this. I guess the pain goes with being a Ravens fan, which I will Never abandon, regardless.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I am going with the approach of ignoring it. You know "if I can't see it, it can't see me"

The Mrs. and I were watching TV and on came something about the SuperBowl and I said, "man, this sucks. The Ravens should be playing in this". Since then I am just pretending like there isn't a game cause it just bums me out,

It would totally suck being in NY

The NFL season ended for me with Cundiff's miss. I didn't watch the second game and for the seconds straight year (also the only years ever) I will not be watching the Super Bowl. I hear the Puppy bowl has an awesome line up this year, and the kitty half time entertainment will be top notch :o)
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

I've tried blanking my mind of it, but even here in the UK, where the NFL isn't really the most popular of things, the super bowl is everywhere advertising the Giants and the Patriots. I look at the banners or watch the commercials, and wish it was the Ravens, and the most painful thing is knowing that we where a miss kick or a dropped catch away from making it. It wouldn't have been so bad had we got blown out I guess. And yes, it hurts way more than last season, mainly because we had a better team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I am going with the approach of ignoring it. You know "if I can't see it, it can't see me"

The Mrs. and I were watching TV and on came something about the SuperBowl and I said, "man, this sucks. The Ravens should be playing in this". Since then I am just pretending like there isn't a game cause it just bums me out,

It would totally suck being in NY
    :word Out of sight Out of mind.

Blog Entries

Yeah it sucks. Whenever they start with the superbowl hype, I turn it off. I've listened to SiriusNFL very little this week.

That's our damn superbowl - the Ravens should be there. Go Gmen

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Visit a Browns message board. (Or Redskins). That should cheer you up.
    Last edited by NC Raven; 01-31-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries

In short I'm still fucked up, still not right, I won't even be watching the superbowl, not attending any parties, don't wanna know the score don't even care to see who wins.

Blog Entries

I have avoided most things football and Ravens. Not depressed, just angered over becoming in the AFC version of the Eagles. I feel like this feeling is going to happen a few more times under John Harbaugh's tenure...

I'm still a bit emotionally and mentally bruised to be honest. I don't think I will be able to watch the game on Sunday. I think it might be a good time to catch up some old episodes of a show or two that can fully divert my mind from the game. I still even get a sick feeling logging on here in fact (no offense to any of my esteemed fellow members). I think I will be a bit recovered as we approach the draft, but I'm really trying to put more of my focus on other things right now because each time I think about the Ravens, my stomach turns a bit right now.

Yes. Don't think I can stomach the SB, unless the Giants are kicking the shit out of the Pats. The NFL gods handed us the keys this year, and we royally cocked it up.