Colts just got weaker

Haven't seen much on this, but Tarik Glenn just pulled a Willie Roaf on the Colts. Gotta think Manning isn't too happy about his blind side skipping into retirement a week before camp starts. Wonder what this will do to his sack totals this year?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2947967

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Re: Colts just got weaker

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Haven't seen much on this, but Tarik Glenn just pulled a Willie Roaf on the Colts. Gotta think Manning isn't too happy about his blind side skipping into retirement a week before camp starts. Wonder what this will do to his sack totals this year?
    Nothing says F-U to your team like retiring right before training camp. Wonder what the real story is. . .

This will *really* hurt them.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I had already posted a thread about this, but no-one replied. The real story is on profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

4. Re: Colts just got weaker

I dont know why most sports media have the colts rated so high, they lost alot of the defense from last year, sure they won the super bowl and have manning, but i dont see them as being a "great" team, they should be decent.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Agree with 1996. I see the Irsays on par with the Bungles. They can score alot of points but have a suspect D. If they can make it into the playoffs then have a shot of outscoring other teams, but they could also end up in the 8-8 neighborhood.

Last year's win seemed to be a combination of two things

1) Dungy made a major defensive adjustment that teams were not ready to handle
    2) Bob Sanders came back and played in the box and made a ton of plays.

It'll be interesting to see how things work...but losing the left tackle could limit the flexibility of the offense a little bit. I'm sure that the team will figure something out and part of the low sack totals is Manning knowing so much about other teams and having great pocket presence.

We'll see what Tony Ugoh is made of this year...I think the plan was to develop him this year and have him replace Glenn in '08. So much for that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Nothing says F-U to your team like retiring right before training camp. Wonder what the real story is. . .

This will *really* hurt them.
    It seems that it was a combination of three things.
    1. The Colts drafted Ugoh in the very high second round, trading up to get him. This to me, screems that they would have taken him in one had they not seen Anthony gonzalez fall into their lap.
    2. They re-signed Freeney to a ridiculously high contract.
    3. They made no offer to reach a long term agreement with Tarik.