Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Nike Jersey Deal to Start When?

Ravens store don't seem too interested in shifting their old stock. Still lots of Boller and McNair jerseys and looking for forty dollars for them and Heap and Gregg jerseys for over fifty

I know the Niners sometimes have firesales and to clear their their old stock, ten to twenty dollars for the departed players jerseys

Time for a ruthless sale for ravens store I think
    They might still have those jerseys for years and years

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Just curious: there seems to be an extraordinary amount of buzz over who has what apparel contract. My question is "WTF"? What difference does it make? Unless the Ravens change the 13+ year old uniform design, jerseys are jerseys, regardless of who manufactures them.

I know I'm missing something, e.g. the black alternates started about ten years ago, not 13, and there was Joe Flacco red jersey kick a few years back, but nothing significant. Purple is purple - unless you are a member of the fashion set, excited about the bluish Chinese knockoffs. Nike vs. Reebok - seriously, if I were buying a new jersey (which I may do in another 10 years) what difference is there to the average consumer?
    Well for starters Reebok had been the official apparel maker for years. As you should know by now the NFL apparel business is big one so whoever has the contract is rolling in the money. So Nike taking over was somewhat of a coup as they were able to outbid I guess. Having said that they plan some changes, most of them subtle to today's uniforms. You don't think us fans want the latest and greatest?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pretty sure Nike takes over in a few months and they've already got the proto types out there...

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...rsey-sketches/
    Those jerseys are for when Goddell finally destroys the NFL and it gets bought out by the Arena League!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Those aren't the jerseys. That's been debunked several times over.
    Have they come out with what they're going to look like?

Probably the exact same...just with a Nike swoosh instead of the Reebok symbol.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

This board might need a separate forum titled, "football fashion" soon for those having a hard time with what logo is on their jersey and what hue of purple it is. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nike cannot change the design. It's up to the team to change the design and then it has to be cleared with the league, so I would expect to see the exact same jersey with the Nike swoosh instead of the Reebok symbol.
    Boh

Yeah, I can't imagine they will change all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well for starters Reebok had been the official apparel maker for years. As you should know by now the NFL apparel business is big one so whoever has the contract is rolling in the money. So Nike taking over was somewhat of a coup as they were able to outbid I guess.
    If I had had the foresight to bet some serious $$$ on Nike stock, I would care. Otherwise, Nike's business success doesn't impact me. I'm frankly much more interested in our local kids: Under Armour. Great stadium ads, friends who work there, some impact on the local economy. I would rather see Under Armour get big NFL apparel contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    You don't think us fans want the latest and greatest?
    Huh? Latest & greatest? So far, unless some of y'all are just yanking my chain, the only thing different on the new jersey is "a Nike swoosh on the sleeves"???

I was perfectly happy with my Boulware jersey for 10 years. I am hoping the fabric on my Ngata jersey lasts another 10, and that he continues a long successful career with the Ravens.

btw: This is somewhat tongue in cheek. I know that some of y'all place greater value on clothing styles, trendy name brands, etc. For me, it's merely showing support to the Ravens by wearing team colors. I'd rather spend my money on good seats and beer and road trips, and scrimp by wearing 10 year old Chinese knock-offs. To each their own!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

It isn't about styles, or having the "latest", or any of that stuff for me. I'm with Houston - I'd like to buy some stuff, and I'd like it to fit me. Until somebody starts making new gear, that doesn't seem possible, as everything left is either 5XL or XXXS.

Everybody read this artical, this should clear some things up between you all......

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b...al_change.html

"For now, Nike is starting with foot and handwear. The unveiled 32 new glove and shoe designs specific to each team during Sunday’s Pro Bowl. (Check out photos of both here.)"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...mocQ_blog.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't care who manufactures them and that's not the reason I was asking.

NFLShop.com is clearing out its current stock and you cannot order a jersey smaller than a 58.

I'm just curious when Nike starts so I can actually make a purchase.
    LOL, they must have been leftovers from the Dline or something they couldn't use anymore.