Blog Entries

Question Whats wrong with this video

Okay. Something bothers me about this, but I can't put my finger on it.

Does it seem like he is trying to make his presidency or re-election a sort of civil rights movement?

Who is the "we" he's referring to?

Maybe its that if Mitt Romney or Newt started a campaign called "Caucasians for Romney" the outrage would be through the roof.

Whatever it is, it just sits with me the wrong way.

Re: Whats wrong with this video

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Okay. Something bothers me about this, but I can't put my finger on it.

Does it seem like he is trying to make his presidency or re-election a sort of civil rights movement?

Who is the "we" he's referring to?

Maybe its that if Mitt Romney or Newt started a campaign called "Caucasians for Romney" the outrage would be through the roof.

Whatever it is, it just sits with me the wrong way.

Is there something wrong with civil rights?

I imagine the "we' he is referring to is a group of Americans who were severely oppressed and continue to deal with an unfair playing field today. I think he is saying vote for me and I will continue to work with everyone as much as I can to create a level playing field for all Americans regardless of sex, race, sexual orientation and religious beliefs.

"Caucasions for Romney" is a classic false equivalency fallacy. Its the same as people who gripe over Black History Month because there is no White History Month. You reveal a lot with making such a statement. And don't worry about it if you're worried about the white man not getting his digs in here as Gingrich is blowing his dog whistle loud and clear with is food stamp b.s..

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Is there something wrong with civil rights?

I imagine the "we' he is referring to is a group of Americans who were severely oppressed and continue to deal with an unfair playing field today. I think he is saying vote for me and I will continue to work with everyone as much as I can to create a level playing field for all Americans regardless of sex, race, sexual orientation and religious beliefs.

"Caucasions for Romney" is a classic false equivalency fallacy. Its the same as people who gripe over Black History Month because there is no White History Month. You reveal a lot with making such a statement. And don't worry about it if you're worried about the white man not getting his digs in here as Gingrich is blowing his dog whistle loud and clear with is food stamp b.s..
    I normally try and stay out of this political crap over here but I do have a comment regarding this issue and your view on the situation which I suppose is similar to alot of minoritys, etc.

As long as the issue is continued to be brought up and used to separate people in catagorys such as the way Obama has done here, and is still done in a variety of ways throughout our culture the equality he and you speak of can never be achieved IMO.

Kind of hard to eliminate this type of separation when those that don't want to be separated or looked at differently continue to harp on it and make it an issue themselves.
    IMO, that does nothing but contribute, continue and help escalate the same separation issues those that do this are trying to eliminate.

The last person I expect to here stuff like this from is the freakin' president of the United States of America.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I normally try and stay out of this political crap over here but I do have a comment regarding this issue and your view on the situation which I suppose is similar to alot of minoritys, etc.

As long as the issue is continued to be brought up and used to separate people in catagorys such as the way Obama has done here, and is still done in a variety of ways throughout our culture the equality he and you speak of can never be achieved IMO.

Kind of hard to eliminate this type of separation when those that don't want to be separated or looked at differently continue to harp on it and make it an issue themselves.
    IMO, that does nothing but contribute, continue and help escalate the same separation issues those that do this are trying to eliminate.

The last person I expect to here stuff like this from is the freakin' president of the United States of America.
    :word