Blog Entries

GALLUP: OBY is slammed in electoral vote

Looks like there's gonna be a new Prez according to this latest Gallup electoral vote.

The GOP candidate, most likely Romney after his big win in Fla Tues, kills OBY 323-215 in the all important electoral
    vote with OBY getting the big industrial and northern states like Michigan, NY, NJ, ILL, and of course Calif.
    Hell, Romney will even get PA which always goes DEM.

UM, OBY does get MDs 10 big votes as a consolation prize. Thanks Galen. ILMAO

We've been saying the country wants a change.

Man, look at all these red states.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...ma-loss/352881
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-01-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Re: GALLUP: OBY is slammed in electoral vote

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Looks like there's gonna be a new Prez according to this latest Gallup electoral vote.

The GOP candidate, most likely Romney after his big win in Fla Tues, kills OBY 323-215 in the all important electoral
    vote with OBY getting the big industrial and northern states like Michigan, NY, NJ, ILL, and of course Calif.
    Hell, Romney will even get PA which always goes DEM.

UM, OBY does get MDs 10 big votes as a consolation prize. Thanks Galen. ILMAO

We've been saying the country wants a change.

Man, look at all these red states.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...ma-loss/352881
    This poll is based on an average of 2011. Its interesting but Obama has been picking approvals in the last couple of months. Expect this to continue as the economy continues to show signs of improvement and Romney and Gingrich beat each other up.. Rassmussen has had him around 50% approval in the last couple of runs and PPP has him winning Ohio by larger than a MOE. The 2011 Gallup poll is largely based on when Obama was almost below 40% approval. It is really not so relevent in the "what have you done for me lately" nature of polls.

Remember in the beginning of 2011, all of you guys were running around DC tea bagging it up! Now the Tea Party is personified in Michelle Bachman. :bag:

Blog Entries

It's weird how OBY would get Michigan's 16 votes.

The unemployment rate has been well above the national level and is still
    above it at over 9%.

Of course, that's where the auto unions are ordering their members to
    vote for OBY.

It's not as big an issue as Trap is making it out to be nor is it something the WH is glossing over as Galen suggests.

A million political lifetimes will come and go between now until November.

It states what we already know. Obama has been taken down a peg or two. Plenty of time for him to rise / fall.

Blog Entries

Time is shorter than you think. We're into Feb already, month
    2, and this poll coincides with Gallup's November polls for OBYs
    disapproval ratings on the economy - 67 - 32%. Even his own poll,
    the politico, has him getting slaughtered on the economy as gas
    continues to rise to $3.50 around here in some places and food
    prices rise by over 25%. My fav crab cake place around here
    went up from $9.99 to $12.99.

And don't forget OBYs underestimating the Tea Party and all the
    seats the GOP won in taking back the House. They'll gain even more
    in both the House and Senate and 48% of the country favor repeal
    of O BUMMER care opposed to 41% in favor of it.

Several posters have been posting that the country wants a change and as much as I don't like him, Romney is the best candidate to win.

OBY better be concerned over it but will be on the links first thing in
    the morning - weather permitting. If not,he'll chopper into some place
    where the weather will permit it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-03-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Upon further review, with the CBO doing the numbers for OBY and predicting a 1% economic growth for 2013, and enough Americans gullible enough to believe them, OBY just might pull it off. Hell, the NY TIMES called
    3.5% under Bush a recession.

Get this from Rush:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20..._obama_economy

One thing I am pretty sure about is that this election will not be a blow out in either direction. It could end up being similar to Bush-Gore with one winning the popular vote and the other winning the electoral vote. Romney, by far, is your best chance to beat Obama but the guy has been shakey lately. The Dems have begun to successfully frame the election as one of fairness and equality. Its not a hard issue to make as an election headline and if this utimatley becomes the election issue, Romney will have troubles. His offshore accounts, 13% tax rate, consistent insensitive comments such as "I don't care about the poor" "I know what it is like to be unemployed etc. are going to be tough facts for him to get around. With Romney, there is no Obamacare issue which neutralizes a lot of conservative criticism against Obama.

Liberals are coming back to Obama lately and his base is solidifying. I don't know about Romney's base. There is little enthusiasm for him. This will obviously change during the general election but there will be people sitting out this election on the right unlike in 2010. Conservatives also have lost the mantle to international affairs and national security as Obama has dealt effectively with Iraq, Afhganistan, Al Qaeda, and Asia. Romeny has no experience in this area. He essentially has his business background which will be helpful but the way he talks about it is awkward and, as I said before, insensitive. He wins this part of the debate but I think he needs more to win the election.

You also have to factor in Gingrich and what is he capable of doing? Does he go third party? Or does he dig up the 10 years of tax returns that McCain had that ultimately led him to choosing Palin? There is something not so good about those returns and Gingrich is pissed off and could add an interesting twist to this. I alos think it does little for Romney to be standing next to Trump and praising his endorsement. I think that points to poor candidacy judgement on Romney's part.

And while our resident uber-moderator thinks the WH isn't glossing over the 2011 Gallup data, you can bet Obama likes where he is vs. where he was in the middle of that 2011 data.

Bad news for you guys but good news for the country:

The U.S. jobless rate unexpectedly fell in January to the lowest in three years as payrolls climbed more than forecast, casting doubt on the Federal Reserve’s plan to keep interest rates low until late 2014.

The unemployment rate dropped to 8.3 percent, the lowest since February 2009. The 243,000 increase in jobs was the biggest in nine months and exceeded all forecasts in a Bloomberg News survey, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. Service industries grew by the most in a year, according to a separate report.

Stocks and bond yields jumped on optimism the economy will weather the European debt crisis as an improving labor market fuels household spending. The data, which showed gains from factories to retailers, may boost President Barack Obama’s re- election bid and come a week after Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke said unemployment would be slow to decline.

“The payroll gains we’re seeing in this report are consistent with significant improvement in consumer spending,” said Carl Riccadonna, a senior U.S. economist at Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. in New York. “If we hold at these levels, it will change a lot of expectations for economic growth, the labor market recovery, inflation and the Fed’s policy response.”

As was pointed out earlier, things are starting to hum.

1.2 million people have also stopped trying to find a job.

Not to mention these figures are always adjusted a month later.
    You may want to curb your joy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    1.2 million people have also stopped trying to find a job.

Not to mention these figures are always adjusted a month later.
    You may want to curb your joy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Nah...nothing but unbridled joy here. Of course, I am biased since I want the country I live in and my kids will grow up in to be strong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Nah...nothing but unbridled joy here. Of course, I am biased since I want the country I live in and my kids will grow up in to be strong.
    When I read this the only thing that comes to mind is - useful idiot...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post

More liberal bull shit.

Your children will hate you when they're age and
    poor for expanding the debt they are paying off and for
    destroying this strong country when we tried to
    stop the spending, curb the deficit and balance the
    budget.