Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Raven making opponents one-dimensional...

I think the reason we give up the intermediate passes is because our DBs sit back while we rush the passer. They allow the stuff in front of them, hoping for a mistaken throw they can pick off. They let you move it down the field if you can beat the rush several times in a row but once the field shrinks in the red zone it gets harder and harder to hit those slants and curls; see McAlister's pick in the end zone. At mid-field it is highly unlikely he plays that route that close because he has to defend half a field behind him.

I'm quite happy with this 'bend-but-don't-break' defense. Although it is annoying to see at times.

But as long as it gets the job done.

I actually think Nolan's schemes were much more "bend don't break" than Ryan's which are 'break break". Either they break a big play on us or we break their spirit.

We are going to completely murder the Chargers, if our O can stay on the field for those 8-9 minute drives we have seen from McNair.

Our Defense is sick. Look at rushing yards against us. It is a hell of a lot easier to play defense when you have at least a 2 Td lead. The chargers can't run on us. Nobody can.

If they get lucky and hit a big play or 2 and our offense goes 3 and out the last couple series. That is when we are in trouble.

I don't care if it was emmit smith. Nobody can run on us. So if we get the early lead they will have to rely on philip rivers to beat us.

Not taking anytrhing away from philip but, if we get up 2 td's, I do not believe he can beat the Ravens D.

The only thing holding this defense back is our Offense.

So what if they have the #1 D.

they get up early on people and their opponents have to play catchup. If you want an example of how things can snowball look at the ravens Packers game last year. Or most of the colts games.

The colts werent that great last year. They just got big leads and made teams what...........................One dimensional