Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

(sigh) A telling stat

Pay close attention to last chart

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-quarterbacks/

Re: (sigh) A telling stat

And before anyone says "his oline was bad" This is an example of what ALL qb's do when under pressure. Notice the who he is paired with at the very bottom. Ugh. This exact stat is what kills me when I think of a long term siging with him. And they both have top ten O-lines with multiple pro bowlers.

Blog Entries

So, they are saying that Rex Grossman handles pressure better than Joe Flacco? lol.

PFF, why not add a 'T' to the end of that. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

If you think that Joe Flacco is on the same level as Colt McCoy, Blaine Gabbert, and John Skelton then your fucking high.

Maybe you should consider changing your name to steelerfaninhbg.

If you think that the Ravens OL was good this past season then you obviously weren't paying attention. Stats don't tell the whole story and you know this. Or maybe you don't.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: (sigh) A telling stat

What that stat showed me is Eli is not going have a long career if his Oline doesnt start protecting him better 244 pressures MORE pressure than ANY other QB in the NFL. What I like to see is:

1. What do they consider pressure? The box just breaking down, QB hits etc
    2. How many times did the QB drop back to Pass. (I say Flacco had a higher percentage of pressure/Drop back for pass than say Brees or Brady)
    3. Completion percentage when under pressure as well as INT from being under pressure. (I rather my QB got sacked than throw an INT)

Any of you go out and find place that ranks the Baltimores O-line any lower than 16th or lower and I will change my name to steeler lover. And I am not fucking high. I watched the line. Watched every game. sometimes twice. You could do A LOT WORSE. And the line play doesnt matter in this. this is what the QB does when pressured. As you know, this happens to even great offensive lines. What the QB does when that happens is on his shoulders.

How is the fact that the oline play has little to do with this stat seem lost in this?

Blog Entries

Interesting but I'm not sure I understand the ratings.

NYLife Protection Index is a pretty good index of Oline grade for pass plays. They ranked Ravens 14th this year: http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/prot...p?type=overall

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

9. Re: (sigh) A telling stat

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    Any of you go out and find place that ranks the Baltimores O-line any lower than 16th or lower and I will change my name to steeler lover. And I am not fucking high. I watched the line. Watched every game. sometimes twice. You could do A LOT WORSE. And the line play doesnt matter in this. this is what the QB does when pressured. As you know, this happens to even great offensive lines. What the QB does when that happens is on his shoulders.
    Except it is a FLAWED chart. Sacks is one of 4 possible outcomes of the play, They failed to list the other 3. I bet it is because it hurts their argument that Eli is So GREAT. As my dad says "Stats dont lie, but statitions do!" LOL

A huge part of this is scheme. Who the hell knows what Joe would look like if he had a 3 step and fire offense. He might be amazing. This is why I almost swallowed my teeth when they rehired Cameron. Nobody even knows if Flacco is good or not because he has only played in one old as shit system. And now nobody will know, and they have to decide on wether to pay the man with the same retread shit-tier play calling we have been seeing for 4 years. I dont hate Joe. I hate that nobody knows what he is yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfaninhbg View Post
    So what happens when his receivers drop passes?

The problem with sites like PFF is it isn't that simple. It's NEVER that simple. Football is a symbiotic game and everyone relies on everyone else doing their job. Flacco isn't an elite QB. Some say he is. Some feel that he isn't. The thing that most fans don't ever take into considerationg - because like you they read sites like PFF and take it as gospel - is that if one element of the offense breaks down (OL misses a block, WR drops a pass, Flacco throws an INT, Rice fumbles, Rice gets stopped for no gain, Flacco takes a sack, etc) then everything follows suit. Football is a game about momentum and everyone executing their assignments properly. When that doesn't happen consistently (as was the case with the ENTIRE offense this year) then it is going to reflect in W's and L's and it is going to reflect in the overall effectiveness of the offense.

And no, the display the Ravens OL put on this year does not happen to "great offensive lines", as you put it. It happens to mediocre offensive lines, which is what they were this past season. Mediocre. Inconsistent run blockers. Inconsistent pass blockers. "Great offensive lines" don't give up pressure like that to the 31st ranked defense when they're only rushing 3 or 4 guys. "Great offensive lines" move guys out of the way so that their lifeblood (Ray Rice) can average more than 2.9 yards per carry on a defense that gave up an average of 4.67 yards per carry over the duration of the entire season and including the Broncos playoff game. So there's a "telling" stat for you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

"There are lies, then damn lies and then statistics" -- Mark Twain