Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Yeah, this is honestly the worst SB anyone could have asked for. It sucks, we were definitely the better team and through a horrible offensive first quarter and miscues, we still nearly won. It's just the fashion of it though. We definitely can do it next year, but still. Ugh, go Pats though. These Giant fans are so cocky so believe it or not, I'm going with New England cause Brady's still a HOF either way and he might as well have four rings. It just sucks though... you see these ESPN idiots like Merrill Hoge and Hermy Edwards trying to pump up this game, salivating over it and it's like... nah, this sucks, this just sucks. It's awful too cause it is what the media wanted smh...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I feel for ya bro.
    Didn't hit me that hard this year. I never thought we'd get that far and hell they almost made it to the SB!

It pissed me off that night, and when i woke up the next morning realizing the Ravens lost . There are some lingering pangs here & there but not that bad.

I thought we were going to lose that game and it surprised the hell out of me when we almost won it.
    The Ravens accomplished a lot this year: AFC Champs, 9-0 undefeated at home, swept the Div, crushed the Stillers, unbeaten during the Reg season vs teams with a winning record. The AFCCG was one of the best i've ever seen. Far as I'm concerned, great game & great season!

Believe me i know how you feel. But for me, even though i'm super into it and support my team to the fullest, football is still about having fun. And i have way too much fun with it to let a loss get me down - well not for too long anyways.

The Baltimore Ravens have one of the best organizations in the NFL - and they still reside in my hometown. Sh-i-i-i-i-t, i'm good to go homie!
    I've read this post twice today and that's a good attitude to have. Makes me feel better too.

I have a very good feeling for next year and I think we'll all see them right back there again, but closing the deal. This is a very good team and with a few more pieces, they can go. Get optimistic everyone, we're going to be even better next season.

I'm not depressed. Never was, really. I didn't expect them to get to the AFCCG, but once the season started unfolding, I went along for the ride. I also didn't expect them to beat NE, but when they took the lead, well, I got excited and thought they just might do it. When we lost, I was pissed because we were oh so close. Now I'm looking forward to the draft, although I'm not going watch the SB.

GOTA: understandable you feel that way. I'm around alot of Giants fans and when they're not talking about the SB, they're listening to Boomer and Carton talking it, they're watching NFLN with SB 42 on tonight, the 1990 SB on the other night.

Folks spending most of their time in the Baltimore area and elsewhere aside from Indy are more insulated from stuff like that if they want to be. Up in Giants territory (and I'm sure in Pats territory), it's all in your face and alot harder to escape.

Fortunately, I'll be back home Friday night.

---

I've been disappointed, I won't say depressed, though the shock took a few days to wear off. I'll be glad once Tuesday is over and things move towards baseball. I guess since there's confidence for next year, that makes things easier to accept.

I will say this: last week, I did not do Purple Friday, nor will I this week. Next week, I'm back to Purple Friday again.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present

Blog Entries

Yea, I'm so depressed I got the hell out of town. The
    entire city is depressed, man.

I'm down the ocean where it's warm and gorgeous (62) and spending the rest of the week down here.

I'll skip the SB. It's usually the most boring game of the
    year anyway.

The playoffs were great except ours of course.

UGH!

11 damn secs. Makes me sick.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Utter hogwash. Depression is a complete and total fabrication, just like ADD, ADHD, and 99% of the other "mental illnesses" that the pyschiatric industry makes up to stay in business.
    Something tells me this guy will not be in any hurry to research this subject thoroughly to recognize that what he just said was tantamount to saying water isn't wet.

Having a poor me syndrome isn't depression, depression is a chemical fact.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 02-01-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Utter hogwash. Depression is a complete and total fabrication, just like ADD, ADHD, and 99% of the other "mental illnesses" that the pyschiatric industry makes up to stay in business.
    Nonsense. No point in even discussing something so off the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And this is scientifically proven...?

I don't think that's the case, could be wrong but I think it's a commonly accepted theory, not scientifically proven...
    Receptor science is well docuemted. Newer anti-depressants stimulate both serotonin and epinephrine. Some like Wellbrutrin regulate dopamine.
    Last edited by DkBlue; 02-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Exactly. Psychiatrists are aware of a phenomenon called SAD, Seasonal Affective Depression that strikes people at specific times but true clinical depression is a very serious illness. About 18% of depressed patients commit suicide.

I have never experienced depression but have worked with thousands of psychiatrists who treat it routinely. It is real.

LOL. This thread is hilarious. It went from how raven fans are dealing with depression to the exact definition of depression.

Post Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL. This thread is hilarious. It went from how raven fans are dealing with depression to the exact definition of depression.
    Are you saying we have been swayed lol?

Led by a Steeler Fan who seized the opportunity to respond to some decidedly negative comments with good info, thereby subtly changing the tenor of the thread. I think it's yet another futile attempt to keep us Ravens Fans's deppressed!
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.