Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Please It's just football. There is next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Plenty of us here on this thread have been discussing a lot about next season, so we're moving on.

At the same time something you follow YEAR ROUND, when it ends the way it did, the "please it's just football" mentality doesn't work for everyone.

This.

:word

I was pissed about it for about a day then I just moved on and have been occupying my usual football time with draft stuff. Maybe its the fact that I believe the team will still be good next year or the excitement of possibly drafting Ray's successor (BURFICT!!) but I'm over it.

Blog Entries

I'm not depressed...honestly, and I'm as big a fan as anyone, but it's silly to get depressed over football. IMO, anyone that is legitimately depressed just because of how the Ravens season ended has serious issues that go beyond a football game.

I'm upset at how the season ended and will likely never get over what happened and what could have been, but it's still just a game. It's a sport. It's not that serious. I haven't watched any NFL coverage and likely won't watch the Super Bowl, and I probably won't really pay attention to anything NFL related outside of this board until FA starts, but that's the extent of it.

Blog Entries

I am sure GOTA did not mean depressed, as in I need to take medication or talk to a doctor because the Ravens lost and I am not sure if I can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Plenty of us here on this thread have been discussing a lot about next season, so we're moving on.

At the same time something you follow YEAR ROUND, when it ends the way it did, the "please it's just football" mentality doesn't work for everyone.

I agree. It certainly doesn't work for me. I made the mistake of watching the game at my in-laws home (lured there by the big screen TV and the tasty food). After the game, my mother-in-law made some stupid "it's just a game" type comment. That irritated me a ton at the time and I really haven't talked to her since.

Perhaps to someone (like her)who follows the team for 3 hours a week, 16 weeks a year, it would be viewed as just a game. For those of us who pour a considerable amount of time, money, effort, etc into the Ravens, it certainly extends beyond the realm of being "just a game".

I would never say "depressed" because I don't believe in the entire concept of depression in the least. I think terming it is a "long term kick in the gut" is more accurate from my perspective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

I agree, but it doesn't require b*tching.

Blog Entries

I agree, but it doesn't require b*tching.
    who is bitching?

10. Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

Nothing for the Ravens Fans be depressed about. You have a young QB, Some Young Talent on the D side, and a scary RB. I even say you guys have a couple decent WR. The Ravens future is Bright, IMO you just need improvement on the O line or Flacco going to get killed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Benoit View Post
    Nothing for the Ravens Fans be depressed about. You have a young QB, Some Young Talent on the D side, and a scary RB. I even say you guys have a couple decent WR. The Ravens future is Bright, IMO you just need improvement on the O line or Flacco going to get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I feel the same pain, bro! What bothers me the most is the way the Ravens 'choked' again this year in a clutch situation. Last year, it was the same thing against Pissburgh, and now this. I guess the pain goes with being a Ravens fan, which I will Never abandon, regardless.
    As a fan who watched his team come up short time and time and time again in the mid 90s and early 00's (4 AFCC losses and 1 SB loss), I can sympathize. It gets better though, and when the Ravens do finally win it all (and I really think they will in the next couple years), it'll be that much sweeter.