Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

It just seems like the Ravens find the most intriguing of ways to win and most demoralizing of ways to lose.

When you think about the blocked field goal in Nashville and Tony Siragusa knocking Rich Gannon out of the game, you understand that it has not always been fortune against the Ravens.

However, I am still trying to figure out how they held Peyton Manning out of the end zone and still lost that game in 06' (Technically 07').

Gaining a two touchdown lead against the Steelers, in their house, only to turn the ball over three consecutive drives, three different ways, drop two excellent clutch passes and give up a 3rd and 19 conversion with eight men in coverage.

Then, in a game where no one thought that Flacco would outplay Brady, in a game where it turned out that Brady was the one who would not have been able to handle a high scoring game, Lee Evans, the enigma of the season (The guy who everyone knew would have to step up and could make the difference, even after the time missed due to injury), had the chance to make it all worth it, right in both of his hands, only to relax a split second too early and allow someone who might not make another NFL roster again, to break up the pass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Receptor science is well docuemted.
    Well documented doesn't mean proven.

Newer anti-depressants stimulate both serotonin and epinephrine. Some like Wellbrutrin regulate dopamine.
    So does crystal meth...

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It just seems like the Ravens find the most intriguing of ways to win and most demoralizing of ways to lose.

When you think about the blocked field goal in Nashville and Tony Siragusa knocking Rich Gannon out of the game, you understand that it has not always been fortune against the Ravens.

However, I am still trying to figure out how they held Peyton Manning out of the end zone and still lost that game in 06' (Technically 07').

Gaining a two touchdown lead against the Steelers, in their house, only to turn the ball over three consecutive drives, three different ways, drop two excellent clutch passes and give up a 3rd and 19 conversion with eight men in coverage.

Then, in a game where no one thought that Flacco would outplay Brady, in a game where it turned out that Brady was the one who would not have been able to handle a high scoring game, Lee Evans, the enigma of the season (The guy who everyone knew would have to step up and could make the difference, even after the time missed due to injury), had the chance to make it all worth it, right in both of his hands, only to relax a split second too early and allow someone who might not make another NFL roster again, to break up the pass.
    Well-stated!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I wasn't depressed until I read this thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think anyone who's life is deeply affected by not being able to watch a bunch of grown men playing a kids game needs to find a better hobby. One that involves more than sitting on a bleacher or couch for three hours at a time. Life goes on...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I think anyone who's life is deeply affected by not being able to watch a bunch of grown men playing a kids game needs to find a better hobby. One that involves more than sitting on a bleacher or couch for three hours at a time. Life goes on...
    Irony at it's finest. Thanks for the laugh

Seeing Robert Kraft on the cover of the SI I just got in the mail doesn't help either. I guess he gets the credit for Evans' drop.......

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well documented doesn't mean proven.

So does crystal meth...
    Well documented means peer reviewed clinical studies showing statistically measurabe improvement in depressed patients.

The last comment is just silly.

Blog Entries

Well documented means peer reviewed clinical studies showing statistically measurabe improvement in depressed patients.

The last comment is just silly.
    This is going to be my last comment on this topic since this is the football forum.

You state well documented, but no one and I mean NO ONE can say it's a certainty.

I had a cousin who was diagnosed with depression received antidepressants and on the warning label says "may cause suicidal thoughts" (or something to that). How can the solution to a problem also be the cause?

My point is (which is not coming out the way it's in my head), either my cousin was misdiagnosed or there is no measurable way to say someone is depressed or not, because the meds did not fix the depression but the warning label did come true.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This is going to be my last comment on this topic since this is the football forum.

You state well documented, but no one and I mean NO ONE can say it's a certainty.

I had a cousin who was diagnosed with depression received antidepressants and on the warning label says "may cause suicidal thoughts" (or something to that). How can the solution to a problem also be the cause?

My point is (which is not coming out the way it's in my head), either my cousin was misdiagnosed or there is no measurable way to say someone is depressed or not, because the meds did not fix the depression but the warning label did come true.
    When a drug is studied, a certain percentage of patients will experience side effects. Studies will predict how the drug will act in 10,000 pattents with statistical certainty. They cannot redict how a drug will be have in a given individual.

Suicide is very common in depressed patients, about one in five.

Blog Entries

They rarely tell you who the patients are that are clinically studied. They tend to find ways to manipulate the surveys and statistics to suit their purposes. You'll also find it to be no surprise that some of the companies that fund these evaluations, have a financial interest in seeing the results sway to a certain direction.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

When a drug is studied, a certain percentage of patients will experience side effects. Studies will predict how the drug will act in 10,000 pattents with statistical certainty. They cannot redict how a drug will be have in a given individual.

Suicide is very common in depressed patients, about one in five.
    OK I lied, that was not my last post.

If someone does have depression due to a chemical imbalance, and they are given X drug to balance that, why would they experience side effects instead of having the drug work correctly?

Does that drug not actually work, or did they not have a chemical imbalance?