Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 102 of 102
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?



    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For the record, I am not debating this aspect of it.

    I am debating whether depression... or the cause if it is scientifically proven.
    The brain malfunctions just like every other organ. The brain, among other things, regulates your mood.

    Regardless of the reams of evidence that's out there, common sense should tell everyone all they need to know.

    Now one thing I will say, it's over diagnosed big time. Same as ADD and ADHD. But that does not diminish the science behind the discovery of the affliction.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The brain malfunctions just like every other organ. The brain, among other things, regulates your mood.

    Regardless of the reams of evidence that's out there, common sense should tell everyone all they need to know.

    Now one thing I will say, it's over diagnosed big time. Same as ADD and ADHD. But that does not diminish the science behind the discovery of the affliction.
    Okay... let me be more specific. I was debating whether the "chemical imbalance" is what leads to depression.




  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,504

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Okay... let me be more specific. I was debating whether the "chemical imbalance" is what leads to depression.
    I know what your saying. And the studies, research, etc all give a resounding yes it's one of the causes.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I know what your saying. And the studies, research, etc all give a resounding yes it's one of the causes.
    Okay. I've looked and I can't find anything on a resounding yes (and that's what I am looking for).

    I've even looked for how to measure for a chemical imbalance, as I would think if someone comes in and says there depressed and doesn't know why, that would be the first step.

    I know Google is not the end all be all, but it is not finding me anything when I look for info on it...




  5. #95

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    I was on the company end as a project director. The medical people rarely make mistakes and it usually consists of allowing patients into the study with pre-existing conditions that may skew the results.
    I was asking if you ever dropped a pass or had one slapped away from you. You know like what happened in the football game that some folks are down about? You know like what the thread was about?
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  6. #96

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    And so once again the clever Steeler troll is allowed to hijack a thread - cause ya'll gave him the fuel to do so!
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    And so once again the clever Steeler troll is allowed to hijack a thread - cause ya'll gave him the fuel to do so!
    Some people made ludicrous anti-scientific statements and a board member intimately and professionally familiar with that science corrected them. DkBlue's fandom affiliation is irrelevant to where this thread drifted to and frankly, I'm glad he spoke up.

    The science of depression is still being studied because it is very complex, nuanced, and difficult to treat because the organ responsible for seeking and sticking to treatment is also the organ that is debilitated by the illness.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453523,-76.792964
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  8. #98

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Some people made ludicrous anti-scientific statements and a board member intimately and professionally familiar with that science corrected them. DkBlue's fandom affiliation is irrelevant to where this thread drifted to and frankly, I'm glad he spoke up.

    The science of depression is still being studied because it is very complex, nuanced, and difficult to treat because the organ responsible for seeking and sticking to treatment is also the organ that is debilitated by the illness.


    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.453523,-76.792964
    I agree with everything you said. Really i do. I just like to mess with DkBlue because he purposely looks for ways to hijack threads on Ravens forums. I've seen him do it litterally dozens of times. He is very clever about how he does it too. When he's at his best, like this thread right here, he even makes it appear that you want him to hijack the thread.

    He provided a lot of vey good info on procedures to help develop medications no doubt. I applaud his intellect. But that was not what the thread was about was it? It was about how Ravens fans felt down about the game last week. Some posters felt pretty bad. Other Ravens Fans were trying to snap out of it.

    Just sayin.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For the record, I am not debating this aspect of it.

    I am debating whether depression... or the cause if it is scientifically proven.
    It is the accepted science. The American Psychiatric Association has a lot of material.

    Insurance companies pay for anti-depressants.

    Hundreds of thousands of patients have been helped. Not sure you understand how medicine works.




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saugus, MA
    Posts
    5

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Ugh. I live right outside Boston and of course the hype is everywhere. Everytime I turn on the news, all they are reporting is the superbowl. Then every store I go into is selling patriots afc champions gear.

    I don't care one way or another about the patriots but damn....I can't get away from it. Ravens should be there damn it!!!




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    It is the accepted science. The American Psychiatric Association has a lot of material.

    Insurance companies pay for anti-depressants.

    Hundreds of thousands of patients have been helped. Not sure you understand how medicine works.
    You're talking to the wrong guy, bud. I am not debating the medicine aspect of it




  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Anyone Else Depressed Over this Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I agree with everything you said. Really i do. I just like to mess with DkBlue because he purposely looks for ways to hijack threads on Ravens forums. I've seen him do it litterally dozens of times. He is very clever about how he does it too. When he's at his best, like this thread right here, he even makes it appear that you want him to hijack the thread.

    He provided a lot of vey good info on procedures to help develop medications no doubt. I applaud his intellect. But that was not what the thread was about was it? It was about how Ravens fans felt down about the game last week. Some posters felt pretty bad. Other Ravens Fans were trying to snap out of it.

    Just sayin.
    So this was all a conspiracy?
    Wow I guess Rooney is behind it of course.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland