Three players I want to see more of

Chris Chester, Jason Brown, and Mike Smith.

The first two are givens, they need to be playing...right now. Smith was a force of nature in the preseason, but has he taken even one snap during the first three games?

These three people should be at the very least, rotating in on a regular basis. Grab the torches and pitchforks.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Re: Three players I want to see more of

Gonna be hard to get Mike Smith in the game when you have AD,Ray and Bart Scott in front of him,maybe he will get some mop up time late in a game if we are up big.He is basically a backup that is only going to see the field on ST(which he is good at) or if someone gets hurt.

As far as Chester and Brown I think you are preaching to the choir with these two guys,the C thru RT positions couldnt get much worse.

As far as Chester and Brown I think you are preaching to the choir with these two guys,the C thru RT positions couldnt get much worse.
    2 words

Mike Krakilick

I have no interest in seeing more of Mike Smith right now. Our front seven has been absolutely lights out all year. Even though the team gave up a decent amount of offense, it had more to do with coverage breakdowns and the offense not staying on the field for very long. The pressure was excellent all day long, as it has been the previous two games. We'll see more of Jarret Johnson and Dan Cody if Suggs is out for any significant length of time, but I love our LB corps just as it is. Having Mike Smith in reserve is a luxury, just like having Bart Scott in reserve was a luxury the previous couple of years.

Our offensive line is in trouble though. We could be seeing McNair's last game this weekend against San Diego, because they will be bringing heat every single play. I hope we never see McNair with the ball in his hand for more than three seconds, cuz he'll be lucky to get that much time. I don't know if Brown and Chester are the answer, but I know there is no answer for Tony Pashos right now. Maybe we can get Sypniewski on the field more and run two TEs, leaving Sypniewski on the right side to help with power rushers. Even then, we need Wilcox or Musa or someone in the backfield to pick up the inevitable pressure up the middle. Soon we'll be out of receivers because everyone else will be held in to block.

I liked the idea someone had on another post of putting Chester, a former TE, in to help Pashos this week. And as well as Mason & Clayton played I am excited to see more balls get into D Williams hands.

Chris Chester, Jason Brown
    Honest to God, are the coaches just afraid to demote the current starters simply because they're too attached to them??

In a word FTB.yes.Billick has somewhat of an obsession with Flynn for what reason I do not know,and I guess since Pashos was declared our RT of the future by the staff they are somewhat reluctant to now replace him.Vince was a FA so maybe they dont want to admit that he sucks as well.

I guess that they think it will make them look bad but WHO CARES,as many great moves this FO has made the fans realize that you arent going to be perfect all the time.

I'm going to agree with decleetz.

The staff seems attached to the players, probably behind them as much as they can be like they were behind Boller to show confidence.

We'll either do well this year and continue not to pay a whole lot of attention to line play, but if that is what prevents the team from getting into the playoffs or looking good at all in the playoffs, then there 'might' be a shakeup....next year ;)

Once McNair starts to play better throughout the game [ not a criticism -- I am a believer . . ] , the play of the o-line will stick out even more as the major issue with this team.

Unfortunately, it will take losses to convince the coaches / FO to do something.

Just don't see why giving some of the backups a partial chance (e.g., not a start but a rotation) isn't a viable option.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Mike Smith if Ray needs a break and on ST, nothing else....YET!

The guy has the real potential to turn into a Bart Scott type player. But we need to do the same thing we did with Bart...bring him along SLOWLY. Let him develop, he's already started with what he did in the preseason.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Unfortunately, it will take losses to convince the coaches / FO to do something
    Stay tuned. I think it's going to happen this week against the chargers. They are going to kill our OL. McNair better put on extra pads because he is going to be beat up.

I want to see Dan Cody get reps.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998