Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter: Caldwell to be Ravens QB coach

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Cam! :P
    Yea, Cam stunk as the HC in Miami.

Spagnuolo, Sparano, Whisenhunt, Greg Williams, Childress, etc. Even at one time Belichek was a pretty lousy HC because being a defensive guy he really geared all of his attention towards the defense. However, he learned how to be a better HC and it's paid off a lot for him I'd say.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Dick LeBeau is the shining example. Terrible head coach, amazing DC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

So the Ravens decided after the 2010 season that there were "too many" coaches telling Joe different things and they fire the QB Coach. Coincidentally, it was also Joe's best season statistically. Joe is so pissed off about it he actually raises his voice and gets a bit angry.

So then in 2011 the QB takes a step backwards in performance and the Ravens decide that he again needs a QB coach. Just 12 months after they thought he didn't.

I like the additional of Caldwell but this seems a bit dysfunctional. Makes me question the top level decision making when it comes to coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    He is his father's mother's sister's next door neighbor's former coach.
    *snarf*

Blog Entries

Seems odd, although I know it's just a QB coach... his offenses were pass happy with very limited run game. I am sure they have a plan for how he can help Joe but it just seems like an unusual fit, similar to Zorn.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    So the Ravens decided after the 2010 season that there were "too many" coaches telling Joe different things and they fire the QB Coach. Coincidentally, it was also Joe's best season statistically. Joe is so pissed off about it he actually raises his voice and gets a bit angry.

So then in 2011 the QB takes a step backwards in performance and the Ravens decide that he again needs a QB coach. Just 12 months after they thought he didn't.

I like the additional of Caldwell but this seems a bit dysfunctional. Makes me question the top level decision making when it comes to coaching staff.
    There definitely seems to be a little bit of head bumping going on.

I think most of the coaching staff understands that Cam's offense isn't the most QB friendly offense and they need to be proactive about the situation.

Cam is known to be stubborn and in the past the relationship between Cam and Joe has been strained, to say the least. Just by bringing in a guy that knows what the hell he's talking about can give Cam an extra set of eyes from the perspective of the QB and it gives Joe an extra set of eyes from the perspective of a coordinator.

This is a good move and through all of the Cam BS this season it gives me hope that Harbaugh, Ozzie, and Bisciotti realize that they need to be more proactive about the offense.

Next on the list (hopefully) fire Andy Moeller's ass and get a better OL coach.

Blog Entries

Tweet - they are putting Caldwell in charge of timeouts.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Tweet - they are putting Caldwell in charge of timeouts.

Haha, hopefully that's a joke.

Can we save the agony of 16 Cam Cameron offensive game plans right now and make him the new Offensive Coordinator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Can we save the agony of 16 Cam Cameron offensive game plans right now and make him the new Offensive Coordinator.
    Let's see how the off-season goes, shall we?

I'm on the fence too, but they kept him for a reason and it is not nearly as superficial as "he is boys with Harbs".

Bisciotti and Ozzie aren't exactly status quo guys and I don't get the impression that Harbaugh is either.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    So the Ravens lose their successful defensive coordinator to the Colts and in return, the Ravens get Colts' failed head coach. Brilliant. The only possible conclusion is that the Ravens have decided to give up after almost getting into the Super Bowl. If they end up at the bottom, as they likely will, they will have no one to blame but themselves. This is profoundly stupid.
    Wow. Great first post! So with the hiring of a single coach the ravens have mailed it in? Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post

On the surface it may seem dysfunctional but I think the Ravens are acknowleging that making Cam do double duty as an OC/QB coach was a failed experiment.