Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter: Caldwell to be Ravens QB coach

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Caldwell has experience working with receivers as well. Hopefully that will trickle over...maybe he should just be the QB's and WR's coach...to hell with Hostler.
    A BIG x2!

Blog Entries

Can they ask Cameron to manage the run game and let Caldwell coach the passing game? Just kidding. Maybe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Can they ask Cameron to manage the run game and let Caldwell coach the passing game? Just kidding. Maybe.
    We had that system under Marchibroda.

It invariably ended up with a screen pass to Rosie Potts.

We don't have Rosie Potts anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Well, didn't the Ravens have a prolific offense back then?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    One of the reasons why Bill Polian got fired was because he didn't have a back up plan in case Peyton went down. He never entertained that thought so you can't fault Caldwell for not developing those two because that wasn't a focus of the GM either.
    DING DING DING! We have a winner!

If you look at the Colts draft classes from a last few years, they are stinkers.

Blog Entries

Two GMs have lost their jobs for not having a backup plan to their QB going down.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    punchline to the joke "who is in Cam's rear view mirror?"
    '
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRavensFan
    Great hire IMO. Coached Peyton for close to 10 years so he knows a thing or two about QBs
    I'm thinking Caldwell will be more politically adept than Zorn as an advocate for Joe. He was a high functioning HC, unlike Zorn who never really had a chance w/ the 'Skins circus.

I hope Caldwell learned a lesson this year when it come to Plan B at QB. Reflecting recently after Billy Goat Grundiff-gate, on how 2 decades of Matt Stover's reliability had spoiled Ravens Nation, it occurred to me that Joe's 1st 4 years have spoiled us as to his durability. The boards will light up all night over "elite vs. non-elite," but there is no arguing that Joe has gone 16 starts plus playoffs 4 years running. I was surprised to never see or even hear rumours [even as disinformation] of a Tyrod package. Hell, use it for one series as a Tebow-esque ground game when in a jam at some point; then opponents' Ds have to spend some time/mind on it.

Joe is not Goober, but that doesn't mean we can [as the Colts did] convince ourselves he won't get sidelined for real at some point, if only for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Rosie Potts, :happyanim

So the Ravens lose their successful defensive coordinator to the Colts and in return, the Ravens get Colts' failed head coach. Brilliant. The only possible conclusion is that the Ravens have decided to give up after almost getting into the Super Bowl. If they end up at the bottom, as they likely will, they will have no one to blame but themselves. This is profoundly stupid.[/QUOTE]

Any coach can be successful being the ravens DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mattison even had some good game planss. How many of our defensive coaches was promoted on other teams? Its a reason why other teams want our coaches. He also took the Colts to the SB
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Hey, Caldwell got the Colts to the SB. Peyton is the one that threw the pick six.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Zorn would have represented a major systematic change that the team did not want to endure, because A.) Joe's best throws are of the intermediate-deep variety and B.) of the lockout.
    I think another issue with Zorn is that he's a bit of an oddball. Everywhere he's gone there have been stories about the weird drills that he has the QBs do, that no one else does. During his press conferences as a head coach in DC he was, uh, disarmingly honest. He's a different cat. The Ravens coaches are on the whole a very traditional set of coaches, starting with Harbaugh. Rex Ryan was the initial big exception, but Rex has been gone for a few years now.

I think Zorn didn't fit in, not just from the standpoint of offensive background but in terms of personality and style of teaching. He's a good man, but different, and as the saying goes "different is not what we're looking for." Caldwell will fit right in. A traditional football coach, specializing in QBs and the passing game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think another issue with Zorn is that he's a bit of an oddball. Everywhere he's gone there have been stories about the weird drills that he has the QBs do, that no one else does. During his press conferences as a head coach in DC he was, uh, disarmingly honest. He's a different cat. The Ravens coaches are on the whole a very traditional set of coaches, starting with Harbaugh. Rex Ryan was the initial big exception, but Rex has been gone for a few years now.

I think Zorn didn't fit in, not just from the standpoint of offensive background but in terms of personality and style of teaching. He's a good man, but different, and as the saying goes "different is not what we're looking for." Caldwell will fit right in. A traditional football coach, specializing in QBs and the passing game.
    In a way, I felt bad for Zorn when he was in DC. He never really had the chance to establish himself. They were still in their 'trade every pick we have' phase. Then, they brought in the offensive consultant and really stripped him in a disrespectful way. It was bad. Zorn is better than that. Personally, I don't really care for seeing the west coast offense here, because I don't think it will work enough in this division. Everybody in this division can man press you. Jim Zorn was good peoples though.