Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries

Re: Schefter: Caldwell to be Ravens QB coach

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Well, didn't the Ravens have a prolific offense back then?
    For 30 minutes.

Some idiot in the NFL main office made the games 60...some think it was an anti-Baltimore plot...

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

^ Outstanding. You know I was going to post something similar yesterday but yours is way better.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    ^ Outstanding. You know I was going to post something similar yesterday but yours is way better.
    Flacco/Caldwell, the resemblance is uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    So the Ravens lose their successful defensive coordinator to the Colts and in return, the Ravens get Colts' failed head coach. Brilliant. The only possible conclusion is that the Ravens have decided to give up after almost getting into the Super Bowl. If they end up at the bottom, as they likely will, they will have no one to blame but themselves. This is profoundly stupid.
    Any coach can be successful being the ravens DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mattison even had some good game planss. How many of our defensive coaches was promoted on other teams? Its a reason why other teams want our coaches. He also took the Colts to the SB[/QUOTE]

You should try filling that cup up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Joe is not Goober, but that doesn't mean we can [as the Colts did] convince ourselves he won't get sidelined for real at some point, if only for a few games.
    Well its been barely a year since we had Marc Bulger in as a backup. It's not like the FO doesn't know this can happen. Not every year is a quality #2 available under the salary cap.

We kicked this around ad nauseum over the summer, but you end up throwing millions at a Brady Quinn or an AJ Feeley just to say "we did something" even though those guys won't win you any more games than the cheapest salaried rookie will. I think that's why they went rookie this year. If another Bulger situation comes along where a real, quality QB is willing to come in, for cheap, and be a backup (a lot to ask for) then that's I'm sure what the Ravens will do.

But Bulgers don't appear out of thin air every year. It's hard enough to have one QB on the roster who can get you to the playoffs. Most NFL teams don't even have ONE to start with, let alone TWO.

I think some of us are missing a key point here: Caldwell will be subordinate to Cam. Caldwell can make very little difference unless Cam allows him to. Caldwell could turn Flacco into Payton Version 2, but if Cam runs Rice up the middle on 1st and 2nd down (for example), leaving Joe with a lot of 3rd and longs, we won't score a whole lot more points.

According to Preston

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...0,884634.story

Richard in Dallas: Is Jim Caldwell having any influence on Joe Flacco?

Mike Preston: I am positive Caldwell is having an influence on Flacco. He works with him every day. According to one assistant coach I spoke with earlier this year, Flacco has learned more this season than ever before under Caldwell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And you can definitely see that. Joe is a far better player now than he's ever been before when he's at his best. Before when he's at his best he was really good now when he's at his best he is lethal. The thing with Joe is and always has been consistency. From game to game and half to half he's got to be the above average to great Joe. He has to many games and to many half's where he looks Sanchez like.

I don't know how to improve his consistency but that is what his next step is.

Blog Entries
    I was a big fan of hiring Caldwell from the beginning. I think he's having a very positive impact on flacco. Flacco still has some issues to iron out but i think Caldwell is on the right path working with joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

he's still the same Joe on the road

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    he's still the same Joe on the road
    And Cam's the same Cam.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"