Blog Entries

GOP establishment crucifies NEWT

The liberal GOP establishment led by Rove and Bennett are picking up with Newt where they left off with Herman Cain in regards to their smear tactics.

Even Rush says the smears are relentless and disdains what Drudge did. Sarah Palin spoke out vs them today. Even the conservative blog Drudge Report has sold out to the establishment by smearing Newt and it's supposed to be the conservative web site.

I don't remember anything like this in the GOP primaries I guess because there aren't many fields of multiple candidates like this one.

Oh there was Barry Goldwater and Rockefeller in the 60s but I don't remember this kind of mud slinging.

Nixon didn't have much competition and neither did Ford. An unknown H. Bush ran vs Reagan and eventually joined him on the ticket and won it all himself 8 years later.

W didn't have much competition. This is the largest field and has anyone noticed that Romney hasn't been smeared? Hmmmmmm

Herman Cain thought Perry smeared him but he self destructed so it was probably the establishment that knocked off Cain who couldn't keep his
    penis in his pants. Some guys like Willie get all the luck.

The GOP is killing itself and I keep saying it will break off into another party with the Tea Party and conservatives forming a new one.

Meanwhile a tired Newt didn't help himself in the debate as Mitt trounced him on campaign finance.

Newt does have his issues but the conservatives came up big in SC for
    him but the Hispanics in Florida seem to be pulling for Mitt, which is strange as he side-stepped the immigration issue and Newt said he is
    for legalizing illegals. He wants them to be able to stay and apply for
    citizenship, especially the old ones. This alone should put Newt well out
    in front especially after Mitt ignored the issues.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...voters?ft=1&f=

Meanwhile, don't rule out Santorum as a front runner who already
    won the Iowa caucus via a re-count when guess what, 8 precincts didn't even turn in certfified counts. Some more questionable liberal stuff there. I mean, don't count him out til Rove smears him too.

I just might vote for OBY just to piss on the GOP.

:insane::grbac:

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/2...newt-gingrich/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-28-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Re: GOP establishment crucifies NEWT

Cain is endorsing Gingrich as of today. Sounds appropriate; I wonder if they have discussed swapping wives? There is a reason the GOP establishment is rallying against him and that is his approximately 20% something approval rating. Gingrich is a self-serving, egotistcal, irreverant ass. There is no way he wins a general election and many know this so therefore the smear. As I have said since the beginning of the primary season, Romney is your man whether you like him or not. Nothing would make Axelrod, Plouffe and Obama happier than to have Gingrich to run against. I watched the last debate after skipping a few and Romney absolutely hammered Gingrich. Gingrich looked tired, beaten and unprepared.

Its been intersting to watch you guys here think the likes of a Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, Cain etc are serious candidates. As a self-professed liberal even I see how ridiculous they are as Presidential candidates. It is probably the first time and last time I agree with Rove, Coulter, Drudge et al. With the economy improving, Obama's policies in foreign affairs as well as Obama being on the right side of the equality debate, it probably doesn't matter much as he is going to be tough to beat but I can't remember a more entertaining primary season.

Blog Entries

Um, not so fast. The economy improving? Heh!

They just said on TV that the #1 issue with Hispanics is the economy,
    not immigration. They don't even seem to care about immigration but
    they don't have jobs if they stay or leave. That's the catch-22 for them.

That's why they like Romney right now who side-stepped immigration on
    the debates and got away with it. They feel he's the only one who can
    beat OBY and improve the economy.

The economy improving? Heh. A guy who is a line cook in Waffle House is doing the cooking and serving all night long because business is bad. he said they used to have 2 servers during the midnight shift. He said the economy still going back and forth.

I was at a bar and asked the former owner if he was sorry he sold the restaurant 3 years ago and he said, hell, are you kidding? Look around - nobody is in here. Nick is losing his shirt. guys like you are
    carrying him on Friday nights. It's empty the rest of the week, except of course during the Ravens games on Sundays.

The guy who owns the pizza joint up the road says he's still 25% behind and my brother sells Apple computers and said while business is better than 3 years ago it's still down, far down from the good days.

I go by a construction company every day to the gym. They used to have
    20 cars parked along the road. They've had 7 the last 2 years. That's how I
    judge the economy. That guy laid off over 50% of his force and don't forget foreclosers. There's still over 1M empty homes around the country. Over
    20% of all homes in Florida are vacant.

Another visible sign is the empty house up the court that has been vacant
    for almost a year after the owner defaulted on his payments after getting
    laid off from that site up the road. There's another empty house on the
    main road coming into the development and that's been empty for
    2 years.

Meat and poultry prices have increased by over 20% and oil by 40%.
    Gas went down to $3.09 a month ago but is up to $3.45 around here and
    that will determine who wins the election.

There's a big mood around the country for, what did OBY say, oh yea,
    a CHANGE. The country wants a real change now.

Rush says he will vote for Mitt or whomever the candidate is. He doesn't
    really like him but he will vote for the GOP nominee.

I won't.

Romney wlll not repeal O BUMMER CARE even if there are enough votes
    in congress for 2/3 majority. It's here to stay and will destroy the
    country like it did Europe.

Just ask Greece and the rest of the PIIGS.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-30-2012 at 04:46 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    With the economy improving, Obama's policies in foreign affairs as well as Obama being on the right side of the equality debate,

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Um, not so fast. The economy improving? Heh!

They just said on TV that the #1 issue with Hispanics is the economy,
    not immigration. They don't even seem to care about immigration but
    they don't have jobs if they stay or leave. That's the catch-22 for them.

That's why they like Romney right now who side-stepped immigration on
    the debates and got away with it. They feel he's the only one who can
    beat OBY and improve the economy.

The economy improving? Heh. A guy who is a line cook in Waffle House is doing the cooking and serving all night long because business is bad. he said they used to have 2 servers during the midnight shift. He said the economy still going back and forth.
    Just because the economy is "going back and forth" doesn't mean it is not improving. It will continue to ebb and flow. The general momentum has been improvement lately. My accountant, who is conservative, thinks we are moving into a period of 10 years of growth with all the money sitting on the sidelines right now. Is it fixed? No, so there will be down periods and some measurements still negative. There are still a boatload of houses sitting and too many people upside down.

The guy who owns the pizza joint up the road says he's still 25% behind and my brother sells Apple computers and said while business is better than 3 years ago it's still down, far down from the good days.
    Apple is doing really well which to me is a sign of increased disposable income as very little of what Apples sells people really need.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan...earns-20120125

Romney wlll not repeal O BUMMER CARE even if there are enough votes
    in congress for 2/3 majority. It's here to stay and will destroy the
    country like it did Europe.
    Millons are now benfitting from the "AHCA". Romney won't repeal it because he believes in it..he just can't say that in a GOP primary. Gingrich believes in it too and also can't say it in a primary. Most agree SCOTUS will also leave it alone at this point. The only one who really made it a campaign issue was Bachmann and we all know how far that got her. Santorum laid on it pretty heavily in the last debate but was about as factually incorrect describing it as one can. He doesn't need to be concerned about the truth though as his campaign is toast.

http://news.yahoo.com/health-reform-...140405876.html

Romney finally spoke thhte truth actually when he described the mandate as a bridge (my words) to individual responsibility - which at least on the surface seems to be a concept that conservatives hold important.

There is a long way to go and a ton of campaigning left but I would say that Obama is looking okay at this point. Yesterday's conservsative-leaning Rassmussen had Obama's job approval at 51%-47% which might be the first time he has been positive since he forced Osama to tap. That number will move around all spring and summer but it continues to show that there is plenty of support for Obama around.

Blog Entries

Just because the economy is "going back and forth" doesn't mean it is not improving. It will continue to ebb and flow. The general momentum has been improvement lately. My accountant, who is conservative, thinks we are moving into a period of 10 years of growth with all the money sitting on the sidelines right now. Is it fixed? No, so there will be down periods and some measurements still negative. There are still a boatload of houses sitting and too many people upside down.
    I'll just reuse your previous quote here
    Funny how you bolded the part that would potentially benefit BHO.

Millons are now benfitting from the "AHCA". Romney won't repeal it because he believes in it..he just can't say that in a GOP primary. Gingrich believes in it too and also can't say it in a primary. Most agree SCOTUS will also leave it alone at this point.
    I call bullshit

Blog Entries

To begin with Galen missed the entire main point of the thread which is
    about the GOP smearing its own conservatives.

LOL - Not too bright a guy. There will always be down periods and some
    measurements still negative and lately its been a lot.
    I told my accountant in the spring that a big crash is coming soon. He's a liberal accountant and said no way. Things are getting better. In July the markets had its biggest single day crash since 08. I was right but that wasn't even the big crash I meant.

He said I was right too. I said it would bounce up. I said good guessing
    Sherlock. It only had one place to go but a lot of people lost a lot of money.
    I didn't.

Neither your accountant or mine knows about the PPT, a gov't agency buying most of the indexes. That's where the money coming from. The people don't have the money for all this buying, neither does industry so somebody is
    buying the indexes and setting the prices for them.

Apple is doing really well which to me is a sign of increased disposable income as very little of what Apples sells people really need.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan...earns-20120125

Millons are now benfitting from the "AHCA". Romney won't repeal it because he believes in it..he just can't say that in a GOP primary.

Um, but it's killing the states. Have you looked at Mass' deficit lately
    from ROMNEY CARE alone if you dare. Yea, people that don't work will
    always benefit from it while the country is destroyed like Greece and
    the rest of the PIIGS to name a few.

I already said, Mitt won't repeal it because O BUMMER CARE is patterned exactly after his own ROMNEY CARE which he still swears by.

Gingrich believes in it too and also can't say it in a primary. Most agree SCOTUS will also leave it alone at this point. The only one who really made it a campaign issue was Bachmann and we all know how far that got her. Santorum laid on it pretty heavily in the last debate but was about as factually incorrect describing it as one can. He doesn't need to be concerned about the truth though as his campaign is toast.

http://news.yahoo.com/health-reform-...140405876.html

Romney finally spoke thhte truth actually when he described the mandate as a bridge (my words) to individual responsibility - which at least on the surface seems to be a concept that conservatives hold important.

There is a long way to go and a ton of campaigning left but I would say that Obama is looking okay at this point. Yesterday's conservsative-leaning Rassmussen had Obama's job approval at 51%-47% which might be the first time he has been positive since he forced Osama to tap. That number will move around all spring and summer but it continues to show that there is plenty of support for Obama around.

Not if oil keep going up as well as food prices. There's still 15M people out of work and OBY is killing over 20,000 jobs by denying the Keystone Pipeline.

Blog Entries

Since Galen wouldn't look it up, I did.

ROMNEY CARE is killing Masschusetts and is a double failure which is the real reason why he can't mention it in the campaign.

He does encourage people to experiment but not to adopt his own plan.

And of course, he blames the DEMs for augmenting the program with more, guess what - spending after he left Mass. ILMAO.

The Massachusetts plan might not have achieved universal coverage, but it has cost taxpayers a great deal of money. Originally, the plan was projected to cost $1.8 billion this year. Now it is expected to exceed those estimates by $150 million. Over the next 10 years, projections suggest that Romney- Care will cost about $2 billion more than was budgeted. And the cost to Massachusetts taxpayers could be even higher because new federal rules could deprive the state of $100 million per year in Medicaid money that the state planned to use to help finance the program.

THE DOUBLE FAILURE OF ROMNEY CARE.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/policy_repo...cpr30n1-1.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-30-2012 at 10:12 PM.