Rams Can't Play In London

Rams Can't Play In London
    Guess Goodell and Co. didn't look too deeply into the lease agreement the St. Louis politicians have there.

Interesting to say the least.

Another brilliant move by the Commish.
    I'm totally against this London thing.
    I think it's stupid, and unfair to the players and the fans in this country.

So this gets me thinking...

What exactly does our lease say in regards to this should we be told to go play in London or elsewhere
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Re: Rams Can't Play In London

This was not thought about before the decision was made?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think it would be cool for the Ravens to play in London, as long as it's not considered a Ravens "home" game.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries
    Come on Biscuit, get a clause in the Ravens contract to keep them home!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Even as a British Raven fan, I wouldn't want the Ravens to give up a home game. Come as an away team or not at all. I'll go there someday if I want to see them at home.

That said, if the Rams really want to go play in London, this won't stop them. The lease is nearly up and the Rams don't seem to have made much of an effort of wanting to stay in St Louis, sadly. Even if a lawsuit is come, the Rams'll just upsticks and go to LA or wherever else. Indeed, perhaps this was the intention anyway. It'd be pretty hilarious if they didn't know their own stadium contract.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm totally against this London thing.
    I think it's stupid, and unfair to the players and the fans in this country.
    Disagree. I like spreading the joy of NFL football. Just selfishly: I really enjoy using Ravens road trips to be wrapped around long weekends at desirable vacation spots. London is big, dirty city where they all speak with funny accents, but I love going to Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the British countryside. All wrapped around a Ravens game, which - hopefully - is an away game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    What exactly does our lease say in regards to this should we be told to go play in London or elsewhere

I haven't seen the lease, but I betcha that Bisciotti and Cass have read it to conclude that the Ravens could play overseas. Not just "could play" -- I believe that Bisciotti actually wants to play overseas. I doubt that Bisciotti would have made this statement without having looked into his lease:

The Ravens’ owner is also looking forward to playing overseas. He said he had offices in London and loves it over there. All Bisciotti is waiting for is the invitation.

“They haven’t come to me,” Bisciotti said, referring to the schedule-makers. “My time is going to come up and I’m going to accept it when I do it.”....

The argument against playing in London is that it could count as one of the team’s eight home games. That would not only be a competitive disadvantage because likely not as many of the home team’s fans would be in attendance, but would also be a downer for season-ticket holders who may not be able to travel for a home game.

But as Bisciotti said, it’s only a 50/50 chance that it would be a home game. It could just as easily be a road contest.

“I think it’s in the best interest,” Bisciotti said. “I would love to get some more Ravens fans over the pond.

“If it’s our year in the next few, then I certainly hope that it’s an away game and our fans still get their eight home games. If it has to be [a home game], then we’ll figure it out and hopefully we’ll get a bunch of our season-ticket holders over there because they do give season-ticket holders a chance to buy tickets.”
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The general sale scheduled to start at 10am (GMT) this morning was delayed at the last minute, with an announcement of further information due to be made at 5pm (GMT). Could be interesting if it relates to the legal challenge.

Of course, it could just be Ticketmaster incompetence, which would surprise precisely nobody!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This was not thought about before the decision was made?
    That's my thought too. How could they not have checked their lease before they made the decision?

I'm all for ONE London game just to get the experience of going across the pond.

Goodell has confirmed that the cause of the delay is due to the issues with the lease. Says there will be a game next season, but only 'hopes' it will be Rams/Pats.

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...ales-continues

i would love a ravens away game over here, was at the jets game there in october, wonder how london would compare to the bank atmosphere wise

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I think it would be cool for the Ravens to play in London, as long as it's not considered a Ravens "home" game.
    Dude - that's the mustard on the shit sandwich that is the London thing! It's likely to be a "home game" that involves crossing umpteen timezones in the middle of a season. and one that the average Ravens fan can't possibly afford to attend. (Apologies to the many Ravens fans in the UK & Europe that post here, but it's not in the best interest of any contending NFL team to play a regular season game in London, Hawaii, Tokyo, Moscow, or anywhere outside the continental US. Sorry but that's the truth).
    I had been relieved at the [bizarre] willingness of St. Louis to do so multiple times, thus keeping the London game out of the AFC north for the next 3 seasons. Now it's possibly back. Can anyone besides, say, Robert Kraft [who IIRC took his turn within the past couple of seasons] just say no about London?

The London game has been the one situation in which I've welcomed the relatively low NFL profile the Ravens have to carry.