Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do Ravens Orginzation Know who to Handle QB's?

I only been a ravens fans since Kyle Boller years and up but i know the ravens dont have a history of good QB's. Let alone not putting weapons or playmakers on offense.

Boller even though this was Billick team was thrown into the fire as a rookie and never got time to develop. Yes we can say Boller is a bust now but we did not know that back than. He wasnt handle well by the ravens.

Steve Mcnair was on the declining side of his career when ravens signed him. Slower, less mobile, arm strength was ok but it got weaker. I didnt like that move to begin with because i knew McNair wasnt the guy that will lead the Ravens to a superbowl win eventhough most thought.

Joe Flacco gets drafted and wins the starting QB job by default over Smith and Boller. He is the best qb the ravens had so we decide to amp up our offense a lil and give him so speed in WR's, draft TE's and spend money on a couple of big name offensive guys.

This is the best offense we had since i became a ravens fan. But they keep a guy who does not coordinate our offensive personel to be above average when this is the best ravens QB and offense we ever had.I now began to question managment on their lack of knowledge on how to groom a qb according to their poor history of handling qbs.

Re: Do Ravens Orginzation Know who to Handle QB's?

Boller was just terrible. A weak and old Mcnair was still better. Boller should have never been drafted. It was a the biggest mistake the Ravens have ever made. it put the franchise back many years. Before Boller there was more of the same, a long list of nobodies. Dilfer was the exception, he sucked ass but got the job done...he was our tebow.

As for Flacco, how can you complain...4 years 4 playoffs with 2 AFC championship games. I think they are going in the right direction with Flacco
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Until Joe came along the best quarterback the Ravens had was Trent Dilfer. They continue to run their offense as if Dilfer still on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Until Joe came along the best quarterback the Ravens had was Trent Dilfer. They continue to run their offense as if Dilfer still on the team.
    I think a guy by the name of Testaverde was a bit better than Dilfer the career backup. Hell Scott Mitchell and Grbac were both better than Dilfer. Grbac just never had a running game and Mitchell let himself go. And lets not forget the other Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Boller should have never been drafted. It was a the biggest mistake the Ravens have ever made. it put the franchise back many years.
    Boller was an OK draft pick at #17. Tossing him into the starting role as a rookie was the huge mistake. There were plenty of 2nd tier QBs available at that time who could have been brought on to mentor him for a few seasons.

Before Boller there was more of the same, a long list of nobodies.
    I wouldn't call Vinnie a nobody. If he had any kind of defense to support him, Vinnie may have led the Ravens into contention. Randall Cunningham also could have been a bright light, but stubborn Billick stuck with the unmotivated Grbac.

A weak and old Mcnair was still better.
    Oh, bullshit! We got 3/4ths of one season from the weak armed, often drunk McNair. He singlehandedly cost our team a shot at the 2006 season Super Bowl with the egg he laid in the Colts playoff game. He was plain horrible from the get-go the entire 2007 season -- that is, the portion of the season that he stood up sober. Ozzie pissed away a huge salary cap impact for McNair, costing the team valuable OL and LB assets + a draft pick, for 3/4's of a season of middle-of-the pack performance. In retrospect, a piss-poor front-office move - worse than drafting Boller due to the losses of other good players to be able to afford McNair's outrageous salary for a has-been..

As for Flacco, how can you complain...4 years 4 playoffs with 2 AFC championship games. I think they are going in the right direction with Flacco
    You finally state something that makes, sense, Crazy!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

The issue is that there does not seem to be a candidate that would allow them to maintain a similar offensive system, but bring in better results. Norv Turner would have likely been that guy, but Spanos kept him and Smith.

You can question whether or not he is the right guy to make this offense a feared unit, but the main result has been putting W's in the records. With that in mind, this is not a situation where you can 'justifiably' think along the lines of addition by subtraction. Even though, many of us think that this is one of those situations. If you are running a winning football team, it's hard for you to justify it without a quality replacement.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Elvis Grbac was a better QB than Dilfer with no ground game at all.

Terry Allen was the leading rusher with something like 680 yards I think?

If they had even a halfway decent RB that team could have done a lot more. It's a shame because Grbac was still relatively young and I think that was the last season he played.

Give Joe a dominant OL and watch the fireworks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Stick to blaming everything on Cam, it's all you've got

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Elvis Grbac was a better QB than Dilfer with no ground game at all.

Terry Allen was the leading rusher with something like 680 yards I think?

If they had even a halfway decent RB that team could have done a lot more. It's a shame because Grbac was still relatively young and I think that was the last season he played.

Give Joe a dominant OL and watch the fireworks.
    That's definitely true, but what I find interesting is that, all of the sudden, runningbacks around the NFL appear to be pretty much a dime a dozen, but that season Jason Brookins and Terry Allen were the best we could find?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    That's definitely true, but what I find interesting is that, all of the sudden, runningbacks around the NFL appear to be pretty much a dime a dozen, but that season Jason Brookins and Terry Allen were the best we could find?
    Could have been a cap thing. I don't really recall.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Boller was an OK draft pick at #17. Tossing him into the starting role as a rookie was the huge mistake. There were plenty of 2nd tier QBs available at that time who could have been brought on to mentor him for a few seasons.
    Um...no.

You draft a QB in the first round, you expect a franchise QB.

Boller was not and is not even an average starter in this league.

He was a huge bust...not only was he not starting material, but we had to wait the customary 3 years every team gives their rookie QB to prove themselves...essentially wasting outstanding defenses in 03-05. I'd rather have had a journeyman for those years and keep those picks we gave away...maybe we have Boldin from the beginning and Wilfork which were guys taken with or after picks we gave up to get Boller. Hell, maybe in 04, we trade up to get one of the real QB's in that draft...the one with Manning/Rivers/Roethlisberger/Cutler.

That Boller trade and pick in hindsight was a horrible decision and precisely why Ozzie probably will never trade away a future first rounder again.

Blog Entries

This one is for the "old timers". The best offense the Ravens ever had before Joe Flacco's was without a doubt the Vinny Testaverde-Michael Jackson-Derrick Alexander-Ernest Byner one. I still remember the first TD ever scored by the Ravens, as if it was yesterday. A keeper by Vinny against the Raiders at Memorial Stadium. I am proud to have been a Ravens fan from day 1, as many others here.