Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some Friday afternoon levity....

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Angry Cundiff "Wide Left" Jersey Story

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...080349417.html

I saw this story on Yahoo, their front page.

"Not even the Ravens' very own website can stop from poking Cundiff with a sharp stick. This wasn't a message board or a comments section, either ‒ it wasn't even an editorial piece. It was the team's web store."

About how the Ravens organization had smeared thier own kicker, because the Ravens own team store was selling his jersey with the remark "Arrives in 3-5 full bus. days at the house to the left of yours".

But when I looked on the Ravens home page I could find no such jersey or remark. . Appears yahoo got their facts wrong and posted a false story about the Ravens organization.

Re: Some Friday afternoon levity....

http://www.baltimoreravensstore.com/

Is it that hard for the author to google.

Yahoo's link says the Ravens are "smearing their own player". But they are not, the store they think is the Ravens store is apparently some other store which sells NFL merchandise.

What really burns me is their are all these comments on the Yahoo story about how this shows the Ravens are a classless organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    Yahoo's link says the Ravens are "smearing their own player". But they are not, the store they think is the Ravens store is apparently some other store which sells NFL merchandise.

What really burns me is their are all these comments on the Yahoo story about how this shows the Ravens are a classless organization.
    Somebody should forward the story to the Ravens FO. Fucking sue these pieces of shit.

Blog Entries

saw it on yahoo. you can tell from the 'tree' that it's not the official store. but hey facts never stopped a good story

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Somebody should forward the story to the Ravens FO. Fucking sue these pieces of shit.
    That's what I say.
    Fucking unbelievable!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

8. Re: Some Friday afternoon levity....

Now they've retracted it:

'Update: Turns out this is not from the Ravens team store as it's from a fake website. It turns out the joke is on us and we regret the error.'

Not much of an apology, though.

It wasn't difficult to check the facts. Ridiculous.

Blog Entries

Yahoo updates the story

Update: Turns out this is not from the Ravens team store as it's from a fake website. It turns out the joke is on us and we regret the error.

I saw this story when I was doing a Yahoo search for something else. It was on their front page, who knows how many thousands of people saw it and now think the Ravens organization was behind this.

I'm glad the story was retracted but the entire story now seems to be pulled from the Yahoo site. If so, very few who saw the original story will see the retraction and unfortuately many will still assume this story was true, that the Ravens were making fun of their own kicker 5 days after the game.

Blog Entries

Here is the twitter "handle of the guy who wrote the story.

I might sign up for an account to mess with him

@themightymjd