Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

i feel worse today than i did after the game the other day! did harbaugh say that he will be more involved with the offense again??? both these guys are jokes!

2. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

I don't think the staff needs to be gutted, but I just have a hard time believing the offense is going to do anything more underneath the same guys.

Blog Entries

ok maybe I was wrong, I think Cam Cameron IS there....Comments from him were just tweeted out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Im not saying Cam will or wont be back i just dont think its as easy as Harbs saying everyone will be back. Biscuit is close to having to make a substantial financial commitment to Joe and he's gonna need to be comfortable with the architect of the offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I don't think the staff needs to be gutted, but I just have a hard time believing the offense is going to do anything more underneath the same guys.
    Everyone has their own opinion, but did Torrey Smith get better as the year went on? Did Dennis Pitta? Don't worry, if Cam screws up next year, he'll be gone. There were no slam dunk replacements out there that would instantly improve the offense without doubts.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Im not saying Cam will or wont be back i just dont think its as easy as Harbs saying everyone will be back. Biscuit is close to having to make a substantial financial commitment to Joe and he's gonna need to be comfortable with the architect of the offense.
    You do realize how ridiculous it would make this organization look if Cam was somehow let go after what we just heard right?

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    You do realize how ridiculous it would make this organization look if Cam was somehow let go after what we just heard right?

PP
    I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, but remember, Bisciotti gave Billick a vote of confidence about a month before they fired him

8. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Then there are a lot of ineffective offensive assistants out there. I'm sorry, but I don't have much hope for this offense. I really hate to be a pessimist but he's proven he's not willing to change anything and Harbaugh was just gushing over him, sickening.

It's not the talent, that's there. Sure they could add a few more pieces, but in the end, will they even get open??? How many times do we see Joe just standing there with no one to throw to but Ray Rice? My appreciation for Joe has risen ever since that NE game. He made a good amount of tight windowed throws all game. I think the WR's have to do more than just go routes in this offense. I just hope and can only pray that we see some type of change on offense this year.

Blog Entries

I think the writing was on the wall the second half of the year as his playcalling progressed. I dont think it will change our problems with his basic philosophy. his unimaginative route running and longer routes will still be a detriment to this entire offense. we can get by like we did this year but we wont truly become elite until he comes to the realization that running 20+ yards down field is entirely too long to pass block for in todays NFL. Overall im not thrilled or depressed with the decision.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, but remember, Bisciotti gave Billick a vote of confidence about a month before they fired him
    He didn't have a press conference.

Totally different situations.

SB had a change of heart after watching the last month and a half of the season where things really fell apart.

The season is over. Cam is coming back.

I understand that many around here are furious about that but it's the reality of the situation.

Again, do you really think SB would let Harbaugh sit there and say what he said then let Cam go a week down the road?

PP

Blog Entries

Well be prepared for another season of let downs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Harbaugh said putting Flacco together with Cam and VanderSteeg in the same room this season was a "smashing success".

PP
    Ugh! But I'm not shocked.