Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

LOL FIrst question is about CAM.. and arbs: "OF course he is our OC" lol FUCK

Son of a b*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Here is the thing though, you tell me how many teams in the NFL block their assistants from interviewing for promotions. That is bad for business and bad for a team's prospects at bringing in the better position coaches. Your line of thinking is no better than my assumption that the Ravens didn't interview or reach out to anyone. I can almost promise you that if the Ravens HAD reached out to another organization to interview someone, they would have gotten permission. You rarely, if ever, hear of a team blocking a guy from going to interview for a promotion.

Quite frankly, I think it's ridiculous to even make the suggestion that anyone and everyone the Ravens may have been interested in for their OC position was blocked by their current team from interviewing.
    It happens, in fact, we blocked Rex Ryan from interviewing with the Raiders for thier DC job when he was our DL coach in 04 or 05.

As for the anyone and everyone comment, I doubt if they had thier eyes on anyone, it was more than maybe 2-3 guys. And again, it's not all that unusual for it to happen when teams that hire within believe that the position coach is in line for their own coordinator jobs if they think their existing coordinator is coming up on a promotion. The Packers QB coach for example...Philbin gets a HC job and the QB coach is promoted to OC.

You can think it's ridiculous all you want, but the fact that we did that very thing here says that yes, it does happen and cannot be just brushed aside.

Blog Entries

and Rosburg is also remaining as ST and AHC.

So only change at high level is Pees for Pagano.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Essentially, giving him the pass due to personnel.

Sounds like a new contract has not been formulated though for Cam yet.

Blog Entries

Well, I guess that's about as official as it's going to be?

I dont know. Still seems kind of vague. "Cam will continue on as the coordinator" doesn't mean much to me. He never actually said that Cam is going to be the coordinator in 2012.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He also said it was always a forgone conclusion to him that Cam would return, he had a good year, in John's opinion.

That's debatable, but really, lots of pieces on the offense started coming together towards the end.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'm with you. Some are just beating a dead horse. Please stop with all the sour grapes: we heard and read the belly-aching all season. Like him or not, he was the OC of the team that came with 1/4 step by Evans of going to the Super Bowl.

He's our OC for the foreseeable future. Better football brains than 99% of the people who post here have determined that he remains our best choice to succeed.
    Couldn't have said it better.

The OC blame/whining has been an annual thing since 1998. No matter who the OC is...and we've gone through a lot of em...

Blog Entries

I like a lot of things about Harbaugh, but if he thinks Special teams was good this year he is officially

Blog Entries

I'm still 50/50 with Cam as the OC here, BUT I would be disapponted if they kept Hostler and Moeller. Especially Moeller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I like a lot of things about Harbaugh, but if he thinks Special teams was good this year he is officially
    Yea, ST's was garbage all season.

31st on kick coverage?

Didn;t rule out QB coach.

Sounds like O coaches is still somewhat in the air. Harbs wants to keep them all, but possibly Bisciotti and/or Ozzie hasn't signed off on it yet.

I wonder why they announced the press conf as on coaching staff, when it's more looking to just announcing the new DC?

No LB coach confirmed.