Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You have selected a few examples in a few games of why the Ravens lost certain games.

AS a whole over the past 4 years, why would you sa they did not make it to the Superbowl?
    Well, this past season the specific reason was Lee Evans dropping a game winning TD pass and then Cundiff shanking a kick that would have tied it up.

Last season Housh dropped a pass on 4th and long that would have extended the drive rather than ending the game and a series or two prior to that Boldin dropped a go ahead TD pass. That said, the D gave up a 3rd and forever to a rookie WR who made a catch with 1 hand and his helmet.

It's really not even worthy of debate as to who is better. The talent is there, the execution needs to improve on offense, defense, and ST's.

My point was your claim that the offense was the reason that they couldn't get over the hump, but I disagree because for the past 3 years that "hump" has been not having a home playoff game...Joe Flacco and the offense engineered a come from behind victory over Pittsburgh. That was the deciding factor in a homefield game or not. This offense isn't the Patriots or Saints and cant put up 40+ points per game and honestly it's never going to be that way, but the defense getting blown out by the Chargers and forcing the offense to constantly have to play from behind is no way to win a ball game. That was my point. This isn't the Ravens of 2000 with the best D the NFL has ever seen. There were just as many plays left on the field from the defense and special teams as there was the offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here is the deal though. we can assume the Ravens did look at other guys for the job. But I doubt they contacted anyone, could you imagine if that got out before the season was over? Cause that just ended Sunday. They damn sure didn't interview anybody (in this day and age we would have had that leaked).

So if they looked at anyone, all signs point to they didn't contact anyone, if they contacted anyone they didn't interview them.

IT would be reasonable to assume they are satisfied with the results of the offense from Cam Cameron.
    That is all your opinion and full of assumptions.

And they can't contact positional coaches directly, they would have to go through the team first.

And something is to be said for not letting it get out that they contacted maybe 2 teams for permission knowing you may be bringing your coach back.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    when is this thing actually going to start? 11 my A**
    Well, you know what they say about Harbs and his time management....

Blog Entries

For all we know this could just be them annoucing who they're considering and interviewing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2die View Post
    Can we lay off Cam. He called the plays to get us to the AFCCG. He called the plays to get us as close to a W as you can get. Come on.
    I'm with you. Some are just beating a dead horse. Please stop with all the sour grapes: we heard and read the belly-aching all season. Like him or not, he was the OC of the team that came with 1/4 step by Evans of going to the Super Bowl.

He's our OC for the foreseeable future. Better football brains than 99% of the people who post here have determined that he remains our best choice to succeed.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

3 people in the room - wow they must've kept this quiet until now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Official: Pees is DC.

And cue the "Harbaugh just hires his buddies" in 3...2...1...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Pees as DC, official.

JJ's there too. Interesting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Again, you can't just go and interview any teams QB or any other position coaches that you want for coordinators jobs. You have to get permission and the team can deny it for whatever reason they want.

Who's to say the FO didn't branch out to some teams about their coaches and were denied permission?
    Here is the thing though, you tell me how many teams in the NFL block their assistants from interviewing for promotions. That is bad for business and bad for a team's prospects at bringing in the better position coaches. Your line of thinking is no better than my assumption that the Ravens didn't interview or reach out to anyone. I can almost promise you that if the Ravens HAD reached out to another organization to interview someone, they would have gotten permission. You rarely, if ever, hear of a team blocking a guy from going to interview for a promotion.

Quite frankly, I think it's ridiculous to even make the suggestion that anyone and everyone the Ravens may have been interested in for their OC position was blocked by their current team from interviewing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Pees as DC, official.

JJ's there too. Interesting.
    So is Brooks...got to wonder if he's there, maybe he's not pissed about being passed over,
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Glimmer of hope for some of you: Despite some initial reports, Cam Cameron is NOT at the press conference...

EDIT - Nevermind, Cam is staying as OC, official

Think Harbs just half announced Cam's retained.