Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    He didn't have a press conference.

Totally different situations.

SB had a change of heart after watching the last month and a half of the season where things really fell apart.

The season is over. Cam is coming back.

I understand that many around here are furious about that but it's the reality of the situation.

Again, do you really think SB would let Harbaugh sit there and say what he said then let Cam go a week down the road?

PP

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...-to-extension/

The Ravens announced Friday that Cameron will return after already serving as the Ravens’ offensive coordinator for four years.

PP-Im at work...not listening...following this thread for updates....now updated that Cam has been retained lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    PP-Im at work...not listening...following this thread for updates....now updated that Cam has been retained lol
    Gotcha.

My bad. Thought you were up to date when you posted that.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    He didn't have a press conference.

Totally different situations.

SB had a change of heart after watching the last month and a half of the season where things really fell apart.

The season is over. Cam is coming back.

I understand that many around here are furious about that but it's the reality of the situation.

Again, do you really think SB would let Harbaugh sit there and say what he said then let Cam go a week down the road?

PP
    You're right. The Ravens don't treat their people with anything but class and respect.

I'm not happy about this and feel the team is making a mistake but it is what it is. Hopefully we never have to sit though another Jacksonville type game again.

5. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You're right. The Ravens don't treat their people with anything but class and respect.

I'm not happy about this and feel the team is making a mistake but it is what it is. Hopefully we never have to sit though another Jacksonville type game again.
    Yea, lets us just all hope for the best.

Im dissappointed that Cam is being retained but the sky isnt falling. If Cam can call games like he did in the AFCC i think it can somewhat balance his route and predictability deficiencies. Hopefully more freedom for Joe and improved play against zone coverage comes with that.

Im dissappointed that Cam is being retained but the sky isnt falling. If Cam can call games like he did in the AFCC i think it can somewhat balance his route and predictability deficiencies. Hopefully more freedom for Joe and improved play against zone coverage comes with that.
    Did you watch the 1st quarter, and the team in the red zone?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

We're stuck with the guy Pyite32, im looking for silver linings lol. But yea he was horrible in the 1st qtr and the redzone. But majority of his calls after the first i was fine with as well as finally running some play action.

9. Re: 11 am press conference (about coaching staff)

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Did you watch the 1st quarter, and the team in the red zone?
    Yes, I dont understand why nobody else sees this in the ravens front office. He is good enough to get us by in the regular season but we need someone who can get us over the hump in the playoffs. The problem with our offense is that we have B+ talent but we are a C rank offense, middle of the road.

There is NO evidence to this point that Cam can CONSISTENTLY put together good game plans. He's called 1 or 2 good games a season every year since 2009. (2008 I don't count, as our system was completely designed to protect Joe and emphasize the run.)

Our offense still only put up 20 points against the league's 2nd worst defense in the AFCC. The run was utterly ineffective and the plays were not particularly well-schemed--the fact that we put up any points at all is primarily due to Joe making incredible throws into tight windows. Go back and watch the game again; virtually every big passing play except the 42 yarder to Torrey was simply an incredible throw into a tight window.

Watch teams like the Packers, Patriots, and Saints, and see how many throws their QBs make to wide open targets. That's good scheming and route design. While Rodgers, Brady, and Brees get 4 or 5 open throws a game, our QB gets 0-1.

Cam's game planning and in-game play calling are average on his best days. Not sure why Harbaugh wants to condemn the offense to another season of mediocrity.

The decision to get rid of Cam should have been made right after the Seattle game when he said something to the effect of how he forgets about Ray Rice sometimes.

As far the unknown of "would his replacement be better?", I'd take the chance that the new OC would at least be consistently average.
    Last edited by FHRaven; 01-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

bmorecareful....i dont disagree with any of that, i dont like the move, i have sooo many problems with the structure of the offense that i dont have time to post it all but what's done is done. He is still the OC so now im looking at how the team can become a better offense within the structure thats in place. I think the way to get better offensively is to put more on Joe's shoulders, become more unpredictable and it will somewhat offset the route predictability.